Hitchhiker

Hitchhiker (Point Horror)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  1,037 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Two girls on spring break pick up a handsome hitchhiker and their dream vacation becomes a nightmare in this jolting YA thriller.
Published January 1st 1993 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about Hitchhiker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hitchhiker

Kazzy  Stallwood
Good little story.

R.L. Stine used to be a favourite of mine when I was a kid - obviously through Goosebumps, which, looking back wasn't the most scariest of things ever - but I was a kid! It was scary enough then!

I found this book lying around in an old cupboard a few months ago and tossed it aside, thinking I'd read it. After reading a particularly emotional book already today I picked it up, looking for an easy read. It is an easy read, I'll give you that, but it has enough plot twists, thril...more
Kris Lugosi
Holy crap, hitchhiking is not what it use to be! I would have been killed three pages in if I were these girls!
Kelly
I just loved these books when I was a teen! I've reread several of them in my adult years, just for fun, and find that I still enjoy them. I recently grabbed a pile of them from my local used book store and took a few to the beach with me. I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes a couple of times while reading this one, and remind myself to just appreciate it for what it is!
Myra Khan
I'm not really an R.L. Stine fan. I was never crazily into the Goosebumps series or Fear Street and the few I tried to read seemed boring and repetitive to me. I expected the same when I started this book, but wow, was I surprised or what. I loved the story and was surprised at various points throughout the book. A great read.
The plot for this book seemed vaguely familiar to me, along with the characters, so I think I may have read it before (though I don't remember doing so) or a similar story by Stine.

Whilst the book was okay, with a neat twist (view spoiler), I didn't really enjoy the twist as it c...more
Olivia
HITHIKER WAS A VERY GOOD BOOK....I REALLY ENJOYED IT.. r.l STINE IS ONE OG MY FAVORITE AUTHORS.....
Jimbo Pantas
FUCK.

--the first word that came out of my mouth once I finished reading the last chapter. I was emotionally paralyzed for a couple of minutes. I couldn't believe it. R.L. Stine is a genius! All the time I was thinking and fearing the supposed antagonist when in fact... Tsk. I couldn't believe I was fooled! And I'm sure as fuck that all who have read this novel feel the same way too.

Let me expound why I gave it 5 stars.

The Plot
A lot of things were really happening in the story. And I like how th...more
sunshine
I remember reading this book when I was in year 5 (5th grade).
I absolutely loved it ( and I still do even though It's been 6 years), it was thrilling and I just wanted to carry on reading and reading.

The feeling this book gave me is indescribable, I just cannot describe the way it made me feel. It was amazing at that time reading a horror book, turning the pages to a new mystery, a new thriller.

I read many books of R.L Stine in year 5 and also below that year (they mostly included Goosebump Book...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
So reminds me of that movie Hitcher.

Just as the title suggests, you have two girls, a hitchhiker, cruising along the road, its not long till they find trouble.

I will say that the ending I didn't see coming, thinking it was going one way but went in an entirely different way. Especially the who done what and who would survive.

Not a bad twist. And something different. Which was nice with most of these reads.

Pretty good. Makes me want to read the books in the series.
Jaimie
Natali.D (BookCupid)
R.L.Stine knows how to plot a good story with so few pages. The book had its usual twisted ending, and lustful characters. Still remains a favorite.
I had forgotten what a good Author this guy was keeps u guessing right till the end. A good book to read if you want something simple and not to tough to get your head round
Winson Chin(nese) Chen
In this book, a girl named Christina was willing to kill two of her friends just so she would be the only one to know that she killed an innocent man. If I were one of the two friends, I would do my best to try escaping and calling a police. I would just pretend to be dead after Christina attempted to kill me and then quickly escape.
Zehra
Haven Angel
well ive read this book a bunch of times.
and i never get board.
The plot is great, and the ending twist makes you think that people arnt always who they seem......

just rereadit today 2012 may 16
i read it one day and i still loved it
syazana kamsari
Oh i love horror books...just like this one.Well you cannot just judge people by how they talk and react,the bad ones can just be the innocent looking one...muahahahahah!This story hold a climax till the end...where the truth is really revealed....
M-Tear
Mystery really liked this book!! She loves the characters and the roles that they each play.
Honestly though, it was like plot twist after plot twist, Mystery couldn't believe it when it all came to her!
Recommended, seriously recommended.
Toni King
It was a predictable thriller - 'cause it's a book for teens, and I'm reading it now when I'm 28... so, what did I expect really? Ah, well... another check off of the "books-I-have-in-my-personal-library-that-I-have-never-read" list. :)
Juliet
I so remember reading this book YEARS ago. I just remembered about it the other day. It's pretty good, I liked it. It's a good mystery book, so those mystery lovers, poeple who like things like Nancy Drew, this is a good book.
Elizabeth
Ok I have to say this is one of my favorite books from R.L. STINE and from my list!
I recommend it, I even got some of my friends to read it and they rate it with 5 stars!
wonderful book!
Emily
I was really into horror books in Jr. High. I'm pretty sure I read this one and a couple other R.L. Stine books before he became popular with his Goosebumps series.
Lindsay
I just found this while searching for something else and I forgot how much I loved the R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike books when I was in middle school.
Minirocker:)
I love this book! I had no idea **Spoiler Alert** that Christina and Terri had killed the old man. All along James thought it was him. :) (srry)
Abby Jane
Jul 12, 2009 Abby Jane rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Goosebump fans
I thought this book was really really good!
It was suspensful,thrilling and mysterious! This is one of my
favorite R.L. Stine books!
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Brittany
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Brynn
Love R.L. Stine's teen novels, I loved his kid ones when I was young too. This was good, with an unexpected twist!
Ray Waltz
I liked the ending of this one a lot. They gave no evidence of who the killer was and I was satisfied.
Alicia
I enjoyed this book because just when I thought I had it had me guessing who did it until the very end.
Jonathan
This book was good but there were sometimes when i was confused like if the author left out a part.!
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Fever
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • The Perfume
  • The Waitress
  • Prom Dress
  • De Griezelbus 4

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)