Start by marking “Piense Y Hagase Rico / Think And Grow Rich (Spanish Edition)” as Want to Read:
Piense Y Hagase Rico / Think And Grow Rich (Spanish Edition)

Piense Y Hagase Rico / Think And Grow Rich (Spanish Edition)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  87,392 Ratings  ·  2,296 Reviews
Teaching, for the first time, the famous Andrew Carnegie formula for money-making based
upon…
THE THIRTEEN PROVEN STEPS TO RICHES.
Organized through 25 years of research, in collaboration with more than 500 distinguished
men of great wealth, who proved by their own achievements that this philosophy is practical.
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill was originally published by T
Published November 1st 2009 (first published 1937)

To ask other readers questions about Piense Y Hagase Rico / Think And Grow Rich, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lee Underwood Thanks! I appreciate it.
Kathleen I don't these principles are "dated" and I'm not sure what you're referring to by "telepathy."
It's a book about getting out of your own way, and…more
It's a book about getting out of your own way, and letting your brain--the most powerful supercomputer on the planet--come up with solutions. Einstein himself said that Imagination was more important than intelligence; probably because he "received" many of his solutions while daydreaming as well as experimentation.
You can call it whatever you want, but I think dismissing it as "telepathy" doesn't do justice.(less)

Arminius
Jan 22, 2013 Arminius rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was looking through some of the reviews and see that some people gave it five stars and some gave it only one. I think if the people who gave it one star would practice the principles given in this book they would quickly upgrade their rating.

This book was published in 1937, during the Great Depression, and if the people who suffered during that time had read this book their lives might have been better.

It is really about convincing yourself to become wealthy. It outlines the steps you need to
David Acevedo
Jan 14, 2013 David Acevedo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let's be honest to ourselves and face the truth: success in business depends on a complex equation with a lot of variants, such as 1) how well your business idea adapts to the powers of supply and demand, which govern (and oppress) contemporary society, 2) where you come from economically to begin with (I've seen aromatherapy businesses run by middle-class sons of bitches grow and be more "successful" than neighborhood food establishments run by poor honest people), 3) how much investing capital ...more
Daniel
Aug 17, 2007 Daniel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Want to get rich?

Don't waste your hard earned money on "Get Rich Quick" books.
Jaidee
Feb 12, 2016 Jaidee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those that want to be entertained only
Recommended to Jaidee by: discovered when I was six

3 "fascinating, ridiculous but well-meaning" stars

Let me start with a childhood story:

As some of you know, I have an aunt that I love to bits. She has been my anchor in childhood chaos, my wise teacher, my introduction to literature and opera, my favorite playmate and a believer in "Jaidee" through all my trials, challenges and tribulations.

Anyways back to the story. I am about six and I am spending the day with her. We went to Woolworth's for grill cheese and coke, walked in the park and came
Jeffrey
Jan 27, 2008 Jeffrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jeffrey by: Ted Maruishi
Ted, my old boss at KWE (Kintetsu World Express) first recommended this book to me and told me that it very much changed his way of thinking. He said it might do the same to my own thinking.

I was skeptical and after forgetting that age old phrase of "never judge a book by its cover" (and not reading it for two months even after I bought it...I bought it only to appease Ted because I knew he was going to ask me if I had bought it...which he did)I finally sat down to read it and couldn't put it d
Hamster
When my dad introduced me to this book he made it sound like every second I wasn't reading it was wasted. I was skeptical. After all, the book was written in 1960, and I hadn't ever heard of it. But I gave it a try, just so my dad would drop it.
What I discovered is that rich people are rich because they're eccentric. Well, maybe not eccentric, but definitely obsessed with the idea of making money. I guess the one good thing this book did for me was help me realize what it would take for me to be
Otis Chandler
Jul 25, 2012 Otis Chandler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Otis by: Gerald Chamales
This is the best self help book any entrepreneur could ever read. Perhaps the only one they need to. Truly transformative. I have it on audio too and listen to it at the gym often.

Napoleon Hill was tasked by Andrew Carnegie to write a book on what made a successful person succeed, and he spent 20 years researching and interviewing every great name of the day (Ford, Woolworth, Edison, etc), plus lots of people who failed (because you have to know what doesn't work too). This book is the result.

I
Aug 13, 2012 Laura rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, unfinished
About his deaf son on page 37: "We would not permit him to learn sign language. We were determined that he should live a normal life and associate with normal children, and we stood by that decision, although it cost us many heated debates with school officials."

That stupid statement immediately made me dislike Napoleon Hill. As someone who is hard-of-hearing and can function well in "normal society", yet, knows sign language, I take offense to this. I take offense that he thinks knowing sign la
jzhunagev
Oct 30, 2008 jzhunagev rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all people who wants to be inspired.
Recommended to jzhunagev by: No one. It just flashed in my mind.
I bought this book just as the year 2008 is starting. What's odd about this is that I don't even have any inkling of what kind of a book this is when I bought it in downtown Recto (I eventually found that it belong to the self-help genre). The book's title, "Think and Grow Rich" by napoleon Hill just flashed in my mind and, finding no prospective book to read at that time, I plunged on. As of this writing, I had finished the second round of reading it with future plans of doing it the third, fou ...more
Mirek Kukla
May 05, 2012 Mirek Kukla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Overview: 60% brilliant, 30% obvious, 10% batshit crazy - and 100% worth reading

Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" is about more than getting rich: it's about getting what you want. And while his no-bullshit insights come with a liberal dose of craziness and – well – bullshit, his overarching philosophy is spot-on. Hill's recipe boils down to this: to get what you want you must 1) desire, 2) believe, 3) act, and 4) persist.

First, the battiness
Hill's advice is always useful, even if not always
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 David Feinstein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read hundreds of books over the past many years in my quest for success. "Think and Grow Rich" truly stands right near the top. It has made a positive impact on my life in many ways.

Frankly, as with many wonderful books, I have applied the principles in this book and have reaped incredible results.
Jessi
Jun 27, 2007 Jessi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I originally read this book as part of a business mentorship program. I admit, I had some mental blockage when I started reading it, and only because I had personal fears and doubts about finances that I have since addressed by self-educating (see other recommended financial books on my list) and seeking assistance from qualified professionals with a good frame of reference for what I needed advice on (I love my financial advisor, Jason!). My picture of growing "rich" in the beginning was, like, ...more
Chad Warner
In this oft-referenced self-help classic, Napoleon Hill promises to share the secret of the wealthiest people of his time (this book was published in 1937). At Andrew Carnegie's bidding, he spent 20 years interviewing and studying over 500 people, including Henry Ford, John Rockefeller, Thomas Edison, Marshall Field, Charles Schwab, and Alexander Graham Bell.

Did I discover the "secret" that will launch me to world-renowned success? Unfortunately, not that I'm aware. Do I have a better understand
Latifah
Nov 26, 2012 Latifah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
One of the best books I've ever read. It kept me thinking the whole time about the ideas that I've encountered in this book. It talks about the new philosophy of enlightenment with practical applications of it.
The book talks mainly about accumulating riches, but it could be replaced by any other gaol that one desires.
This book will probably affect your life greatly if you're not already familiar with the new age of enlightenment.
If I have to criticize it, it'll be about one thing only: that t
Gabriela
Jul 13, 2012 Gabriela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The mind cannot differentiate between truth and falsehood, we simply need to instruct or manipulate it toward a certain mode!

'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill, takes an in depth look at the power of the mind and personal belief and how these influence our success. Hill uses examples of past success such as Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and Thomas Edison to show how factors such as desire, the subconscious mind, faith and goals can interweave to create favorable condition for success.

The title
§--
Dec 30, 2009 §-- rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mammonists and morons
Recommended to §-- by: someone better than this
Shelves: least-favorites
If you liked this book, I have some very fine cloth to sell you. It has special properties which make it invisible to the eyes of fools and simpletons. You might want to make a nice sweater out of it. It is very, very expensive, though -- a cloth fit for an emperor...

I only read this book because a very good friend of mine told me that he would read Mere Christianity if I would read this. I decided that for such a noble cause I would suffer through 231 pages of crazy talk.

SPOILER ALERT: ALL THIS
Robin
Jan 24, 2010 Robin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, finance
I’d wanted to read a classic self-help book, and several modern motivational speakers have credited Napoleon Hill. This book was written in the US in 1937, during recovery from the Great Depression. Hill asserts that the Great Depression was worsened by mass fear, and this concept seems just as valid in today’s economy. Much of what is offered in “The Secret,” including that now-trademarked name (a term that Hill coined but failed to copyright), is a direct rip-off from Hill.

Hill was challenged
Laurentiu Bancu
Jan 02, 2011 Laurentiu Bancu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
- DESIRE: THE STARTING POINT OF ALL ACHIEVEMENT
- nu te lasa descurajat de insuccese. Dimpotriva acestea trebuie sa te motiveze
- Wishing will not bring riches. But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.
- To all these I wish to convey the thought that all achievement, no matter what may be its nature, or its purpose, must be
♥ Ibrahim ♥
The book teaches me to think, not meager and grow meagre as a result but instead to think rich and grow rich, and all this begins with "an idea", hence the whole secret of the entire book. Chapter 1 begins with the key statement: "Truly, thoughts are things", a burning desire to translate thoughts into riches. It is because Edwin C. Barnes wanted to work "with" Edison, and not "for" him, that he got what he wanted. Barnes stood by that desire until he realized it. I am also here taught a valuabl ...more
Diamond Cowboy
Oct 01, 2015 Diamond Cowboy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Napolian Hill, my favorite motivational and self help writer and speaker, studied for twenty years to put together this volume entitled "Think and Grow Rich."
This is a very practical manual wherein he explains a step by step process to attain riches, both of the finantial and spiritual natures.
I believe this is a must read for all especially for those who are entrapreneureal minded and not afraid to think for themselves.
Enjoy and Be Blessed.
Diamond
Jared
Mar 12, 2012 Jared rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has many advantages over other self help books. 1. It does not teach that just thinking about something will make it happen. It teaches that you have to DO something to make it happen. 2. It teaches how to go about figuring out what you want and pursuing your dreams. 3. This book is relatively old yet still sells so it has passed some test of time.

The Good:
Teaches how to go about making life goals and plans. Shows how to believe in yourself and make things happen. Shows the importance
Marlon
Aug 01, 2012 Marlon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is.........

Think And grow Rich is one of the most prestigious and treasured book in the field of motivational literature. This book can help you reach your highest potential and bring you great personal happiness. Napoleon Hill gives you a blue print for self-mastery helping you accomplish whatever goal you have set up for yourself.
Napoleon Hill mentions that every page within the book contains a magical secret that, once discovered, will unlock the key to making money and becomin
Naveed
Oct 24, 2010 Naveed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Naveed by: ckibuka
Summary: What the mind can conceive, AND believe, it WILL achieve.

Every word in that summary is important. This book ultimately regards how you think and how your thoughts will get you to wherever you choose. Dating back to the post Depression era, Napoleon Hill does a great job in a theory-based piece on the psychology of thought and how it prevents or supports our dreams.

Every thing, action, circumstance, failure, or success is spawned by one -- thought. It is your thoughts and the way you dev
mpsiple
Aug 02, 2012 mpsiple rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hill accidentally hits on a very biblical theme here - "you become like what you worship" - and then works off the assumption that everyone can and should become very rich.

At times, I was tracking with him, but he totally lost me with his chapters on "sex transmutation" (using sexual energy to make money) and the "invisible counselors" (using imaginary meetings with successful people, such as Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Edison, to gain insight into making money).

Somewhat surprisingly, the book act
Greg Powers
Oct 19, 2009 Greg Powers rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Do I have to give this a star? This is a self help book that has some good ideas, most of which people already know they should be doing to be successful. He takes on such controversial issues as "never giving up," "planning ahead," and the ever progressive and edgy idea "talk with smart people to get good ideas." The only real problem with the book is he studied hundreds of successful people and that is his research. All of the people had their own individual ways of becoming successful, and ye ...more
Meg
Feb 03, 2012 Meg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the Jolly Girls Book Club latest read! I don't usually read "self help" books and was a bit nervous especially once I realized I had gotten my hands on the unabridged version of this book. But WOW! What a life changing book! I feel like if you read this book with an open mind you can take so many important lessons away from it. The priority in my life right now is not getting rich, I can barely make it through the day with all 4 children in tact. But what I love about this book, is how ...more
Patricia
Oct 19, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you think of the self-help gurus of today, they can all pretty much credit Napoleon Hill as the original inspirational, motivational speaker of the 20th century. Nappy, as I lovingly refer to him, was ahead of his time with his Think and Grow Rich book. Of course, I didn't read it back than but I had to keep reminding myself the era of the book is from the 1920's. So I had to forgive him when he referenced a "colored girl" since that was accepted terminology back than.

What I like about Napp
Shiri
Oct 29, 2015 Shiri rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stopped-reading
A lot of people I know speak very highly of this book. I disagree. It was so terrible I couldn't stomach finishing it. This is the early predecessor to the contemporary fantasy called "The Secret" - just think hard enough about what you want and it will happen. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's bullshit. Regardless of what Napoleon Hill supposedly researched, desire alone is not a determinant of success.

Don't waste your time and energy on this book. Instead, go read "I Will Reach You To Be
Elizabeta
It took me a lot of time to go through this. Although there were some useful parts, such as examining yourself about what is stopping you to go forward in life, my overall impression: it's ok, but I won't reread it.
Ian
Feb 13, 2015 Ian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holla at your boyyy. lol..... I'm about to exploit these tactics for just about everything except monetary richness. I've set so many limitations on myself. Time to think of an outright, literate world and plant the seeds in my comrades brains that we can do it...

:D
  • The Magic of Believing
  • Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life
  • Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
  • The Go-Getter (a Story That Tells You How to Be One)
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover And Develop Those Riches
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • The Magic of Thinking Big
Napoleon Hill was an American author in the area of the new thought movement who was one of the earliest producers of the modern genre of personal-success literature. He is widely considered to be one of the great writers on success. His most famous work, Think and Grow Rich (1937), is one of the best-selling books of all time (at the time of Hill's death in 1970, Think and Grow Rich had sold 20 m ...more
More about Napoleon Hill...

“The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.” 2080 likes
“You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.” 459 likes