Start by marking “Hideaway” as Want to Read:
Hideaway

Hideaway (Hideaway #1)

As an E.R. doctor, Cheyenne Allison is used to handling emergencies on a daily basis--until her own sister codes on the trauma bed. Devastated, Cheyenne retreats to an isolated farm in Hideaway, Missouri. But peace and solitude are in short supply in this picturesque Ozarks town. A dangerous vandal has the community terrorized, and Cheyenne finds an unexpected demand for h ...more
Published October 1st 2003 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Hideaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hideaway

Lori
Oct 20, 2008 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
It took me until chapter 11 to really begin to enjoy this book. Before that I kept losing concentration. I nearly quit reading but glad I didn't because it was a pretty good book after all.
Kim
Mar 10, 2010 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice christian book. Doesn't hit you over the head, feels like a Hallmark Movie Special.
Lori Henrich
Dec 31, 2012 Lori Henrich rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much. This is a series about people in a small town called Hideaway. In this first in the series. Cheyenne Allison comes to Hideaway to escape her nightmares. She is an ER doctor who is struggling with the death of her sister. She is offered the use of a home in Hideaway to help her heal from this devastating loss. It doesn't take long for the small town residents to start rumors about why she is visiting their town. With to suitors who are at odds with each other, her s ...more
Debbie
Mar 25, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Hideaway" is a Christian romantic suspense novel. This novel is the first in a series, but it reads like a stand-alone novel.

The characters were engaging and complex. The various characters dealt with real issues in realistic ways. I've been consistently impressed by how Hannah Alexander's characters come across as real people.

The details about the area and small town life brought the story alive in my imagination. There were some ER medical scenes at the beginning. The technical terms were fre
Jeni Enjaian
A review from my old blog...

I read a couple of books by this author, a pen name for a husband and wife duo, a few years back. I enjoyed the books but I must not have been absolutely captivated by them because I didn't rush out or even casually pursue subsequent books published by the pair.

The jury is out on whether or not I will still hold to that assumption.

After this book, the first in the Hideaway series, I would go out and check out the next book from the library.

I did enjoy this book and e
Deb
Plot Summary: What happens, When & Where, Central Characters, Major Conflicts[return]Dr. Cheyenne has been specializing in Emergency medicine and working at the ER of a Missouri hospital. When her sister comes into the ER for treatment, and then later comes back to the ER and dies after being in a car accident, Cheyenne is forced to take a leave of absence. She retreats to the small town of Hideaway, which borders one of the lakes on the Ozarks. There the down home people she meets help her ...more
Deb
plot summary: what happens, when & where, central characters, major conflicts[return]dr. cheyenne has been specializing in emergency medicine and working at the er of a missouri hospital. when her sister comes into the er for treatment, and then later comes back to the er and dies after being in a car accident, cheyenne is forced to take a leave of absence. she retreats to the small town of hideaway, which borders one of the lakes on the ozarks. there the down home people she meets help her ...more
Janice
Apr 19, 2009 Janice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I like books that deal with issues of faith I haven't read many that are classified as "Christian Fiction". I started this book because I was looking for books either written by Missouri authors, or set in Missouri, and this series takes place in the Ozarks. I liked the familiar names of places I have often been, and the book turned out to be enjoyable. The main character, Cheyenne Allison, is an ER physician who is forced to take a leave of absence from her Columbia Mo hospital following ...more
Chasta
Apr 14, 2015 Chasta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Hannah Alexander book, and I loved the characters and the details of the story. I could just picture all of the scenery and they way folks looked. I love how she incorporated faith and tried to explain how just because someone says they're Christian, doesn't make them a good follower of Christ.
Marcia
A terrific Christian romance/mystery. Love the small town of Hideaway and it's residents. The book has a great plot that will keep you captivated to the very end. The book is well written and has great character development. If you enjoy a good clean romance/mystery this just might be the book for you.
rjp316
Jul 01, 2009 rjp316 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok book. This book was interesting about an ER doc that leaves for the "country" on an extended sabbatical. I liked the character development and the fact that main characters did not like Christian as she thought they were hypocritical. Only after meeting some Christians actually walked the walk they talked did she find herself thinking more about God. I wished the ending was a little more substantial in the main character’s development – it was as if you turned the page to a new chapter and ev ...more
Linda Howard
Mar 03, 2014 Linda Howard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hideaway

This was a wonderful book. This is the first time I have read this author. Very good. can't wait to read her next book. A very good Christian Fiction Suspense.
I just loved it. Well written. Keep me on the edge of my seat.
Bonnie
Jan 30, 2013 Bonnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a doctor, Cheyenne Allison experiences the tragic loss of her sister in the ER where she works. Struggling to forget she couldn't save her, she is forced to take a leave from work. She doesn't understand how her sister could love a God that allowed her to suffer with a husband that claimed to be a christian yet abused his wife. Confused and mourning Cheyenne is forced to escape to a friends home deep into the heart of the Ozarks. There she finds the most loving people that need her as much as ...more
Randy and Donna Christian
Great book!

Loved it but didn't want it to end! The relationship between Dane and Cheyenne could have been developed more. Will be watching for the next one
Melissa
Dr. Cheyenne Allison's sister dies and she takes a leave to the small town of Hideaway. Meets Dane, who owns a boy's ranch.
Debbie
Mar 02, 2015 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow start because I always had something "better" to read - but when I finished it, the end was surprising and not as predictable as I thought.
Rachel
Feb 29, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feb-16
Another great read by this husband and wife team!
Jodie
Jun 29, 2009 Jodie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book !!!!!! I would probably say that any book by this author is amazing !! The only thing is that I love to reread books, but I can't do that with this authors' books. Because of the way the plot is woven, there is no enjoyment the second time around because you already know what happens.
This was a very sad book, as far as someone minor yet major dying right at the beginning. I felt as though the characters came alive, and it really mattered what happened to them.
Ellie
Mar 23, 2012 Ellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Hannah Alexander captures your imagination, introducing characters with heart and soul and settings with vivid realism. With thrilling suspense interwoven with gentle romance, humour, and medical drama, Hannah Alexander has served up a tale that leaves you waiting anxiously for more. Hideaway is a stellar debut in a riveting new series.
Roxanne
It started out to be quite predictable: I knew right away that Cheyenne would move to Hideaway and that she would fall in love with Dane. It got better as the story unfolded, and there were some surprises. Probably won’t continue this series.
Sep 05, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After a devastating personal loss, ER Dr. Cheyenne Allison takes a temporary leave of absence from her job in the big city and moves to a small town in the Missouri Ozarks, where she begins to find peace and happiness again.
Wendy
Gabrielle
Aug 03, 2011 Gabrielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. The first half wasn't very interesting, but it started getting better towards the end. I'm excited to read the rest of the series.
Ronnie Lowry
Aug 28, 2011 Ronnie Lowry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read all her books. Love what she does, the characters, the plots, the protagonists characters are so real.

www.heartsongpresents.com
Anita
Jan 09, 2012 Anita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A mystery with just the right amount of romantic undertones -- each thread holding its own, yet neatly interwoven for a compelling read.
Emily Farrier
I enjoyed the entire Hideaway Series. They are easy to read suspense with a little bit of love thrown in.
Heidi
Sep 29, 2011 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book, but a little slow at times. I did enjoy the book... had a great story with it!
Jedi Knight Siri
Aug 13, 2011 Jedi Knight Siri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. It kinda had a Hallmark Movie feeling to it.
Elaine
Jun 13, 2009 Elaine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Book 1 in the Hideaway series
Heidi
Jun 02, 2010 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful, random find in the public library.
  • Riptide (The Julesburg Mysteries #2)
  • Chop Shop (Bug Man, #2)
  • Topaz Heat (The Jewel Trilogy #3)
  • Fear No Evil
  • Expect the Sunrise (Team Hope, #3)
  • Dread Champion
  • Eye of the Beholder (A Seaport Suspense Novel, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Newpointe 911 #4)
  • And Then There Were Two (Dani Ross Mystery #2)
  • A Silent Terror (High Stakes, #1)
  • The Splitting Storm (The Storm Series #2)
  • The Last Name Banks
  • Breach of Trust (Call of Duty, #1)
  • A Dangerous Silence
  • Deadfall
  • The Hidden
HANNAH ALEXANDER is the pen name for the husband-and-wife writing team of Mel and Cheryl Hodde, who began collaborating on their first blind date. Cheryl is the wordsmith, and Mel is the medical expert who helps her with the medical plotlines and edits everything she writes.
More about Hannah Alexander...

Hideaway (10 books)
  • Safe Haven (Hideaway #2)
  • Last Resort (Hideaway #3)
  • Note of Peril (Hideaway #4)
  • Fair Warning (Hideaway, #5)
  • Under Suspicion (Hideaway, #6)
  • Grave Risk (Hideaway, #7) (Steeple Hill Cafe)
  • Death Benefits (Hideaway, #8)
  • Double Blind (Hideaway, #9)
  • Hideaway Home (Hideaway #10)