Start by marking “Wish You Were Here” as Want to Read:
Wish You Were Here

Wish You Were Here

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  288 ratings  ·  13 reviews
As unofficial matchmaker for beautiful Abrigo Island, Zoe Cash practices her own form of no-risk romance. And when Yeager Gates arrives in town for a little R & R, Zoe decides that he'll be her latest project. But the secure world Zoe's created for herself is turned upside-down when she finds herself falling for the sexy fighter pilot.

Yeager's flying days might be over
Published June 23rd 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published February 8th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Wish You Were Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wish You Were Here

Suzie Quint
This is a great romance. I love romances that have deeper, serious themes. This one has a pervading theme of past losses and how one chooses to live with the fears caused by those losses. Both of the main characters have their own issues to deal with here and, in each other, they find the comfort and the challenge to face their own demons. I even teared up a few times at their pain. The best of Christie Ridgeway's that I've read yet.
Maureen Hubley
It was a very good story. It was one of her older books and I am glad I found it at the library.
Maura
I really liked this story and the setting. I was enchanted with the island and the lifestyle. I was curious to see how it would turn out and if I would believe in the ending.
I did! In fact the story had me thinking about my own experience with loss and fear.

Pros: Beautiful settings, very funny and to die for wounded hot alpha-male needing insecure loving woman.

Cons: Certain themes were dealt with in a manner that didn't quite ring true. It didn't detract from story and it never took me out of
Carrie
Wish You Were Here had some great moments. Some very funny dialog (like between Yeager and "Dolly") made for a few good laughs, and there were very poignant moments that held the readers interest. But in between held some pacing problems and clunky transitions. The hint of mystical/magical overtones seemed out of place for me, and I had a hard time buying the depth of the secondary relationship, although I found it sweet.

Overall, I liked it, which is what 3* means. It was a decent book and wort
Dee
marginally more entertaining than the first book I read by her, but felt a bit dated now...
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
Christie Ridgway does it again. Not sure why I never read this one before. For those who love HEA. Hero, heroibe and minor characters each struggling with their own issues, and how love pervails..
Tressa
I loved the island and the characters. I also liked the humor, the warmth, the understanding, and the acceptance. I thought it was charming with its idealism.
Anne OK
My very first and still yet favorite Ridgway book. I fell hook, line and sinker for that dang astronaut!
Emily
Romance at its best. Ladies, get comfortable with this one.
Betsy
Well worth the read; Ridgway doesn't disappoint.
Alice Romano
Alice Romano is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Victoria Darkins
Victoria Darkins marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Andrea Miller
Andrea Miller marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
  • Phi Beta Bimbo
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)
  • Guys & Dogs (Guys & Dogs, #1)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #3)
  • The Girl Most Likely To...
  • Bending the Rules (Sisterhood Diaries, #2)
  • Moosed Up  (Wild Men of Alaska, #2)
  • Bride for a Night
  • Express Male (OPUS #2)
  • Out of the Storm (Stewart Sisters, #3)
  • Garters
  • Cut and Run
  • Heart of Glass
  • She Drives Me Crazy (Walker Brothers, #1)
Crush on You (Three Kisses, #1) Then He Kissed Me (Three Kisses, #2) How to Knit a Wild Bikini (Malibu and Ewe #1) Can't Hurry Love (Three Kisses, #3) Beach House No. 9 (Beach House No. 9, #1)