Start by marking “Double Date (Greek, #1)” as Want to Read:
Double Date (Greek, #1)

Double Date (Greek #1)

Two dates--"same" night Major oops. When Casey Cartwright's brother begs her to be nerdy Dale Kettlewell's date to the sure-to-be-boring Honors Engineering Awards, Casey says yes. Even though Dale is "totally" not her type... and might have a crush on her. Ugh. But it's a nice thing to do, and Casey's always been the "nice" girl.

But now, that night conflicts with the bigge
Published May 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen (first published April 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Double Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Date

Brandi
Apr 26, 2016 Brandi rated it liked it
I would actually rate this book about a 3.4.

My biggest complaint regarding this book is that too many characters were thrown into the mix with little or no character development. Initially, it is rather difficult to keep everyone straight. The story also detours onto too many irrelevant tangents that really do not contribute much to the story.

It's actually quite a shame since most of the characters are rather likable and the plotline was interesting, but this novel fell short. I do anticipate th
Nina
May 17, 2010 Nina rated it liked it
Major oops, indeed! When Rusty asks his older sister to go on a date with his roommate Dale she says ‘yes’. When the date is moved on the day of the Formal, she decides not to go and text him the message. Unfortunately, the geek himself can’t do two things at the same time and the message never reaches him. Also there’s a secret about Rob that only Rebecca knows, but is keeping to herself.

Talk about trouble in paradise. In the beginning it went to slow and I had big trouble getting into the stor
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
Casey, a self proclaimed good girl and sorority sister, always tries to do the right thing. Her brother comes to her for a favor. He asks her to get his friend, Dale, a date to the Honors Engineering Awards. Casey ends up going with Dale herself despite her initial hesitation. All is going as planned until the Engineering Awards are canceled and moved to the same night as the All Greek Formal, which is one of the most anticipated nights of the year. This poses a major problem for Casey as she wa ...more
Alexia561
Sep 06, 2010 Alexia561 rated it liked it

In the interests of full disclosure, I was never in a sorority, and didn't have much exposure to the Greek way of life. All I knew about Greeks, I learned from the movie Animal House. ;) To be perfectly honest, my friends and I used to mock them, especially during hazing when the poor pledges had to dress up in embarrassing outfits and perform degrading chores. I never understood why anyone would want to do that, but some people don't understand my excitement about book conventions, so guess it'
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
I was completely surprised that I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Normally I don't find myself getting into books like this, but I credit the fantastic writing by Marsha Warner for that. Greek, which is based on the popular TV series, is a light hearted, engaging read. I never once felt confused about what was going on and enjoyed all of the character interactions. I've not watched an episode of Greek, but I can only imagine the writing style is very similar to sitting down and wa ...more
Brenda
Jul 19, 2010 Brenda rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I imagine reading this book was much like watching an episode of the TV show, Greek. I've never seen the show, but I'm thinking I'm not at all the target audience for this show. I like sci-fi and fantasy shows, and the occasional sit-com (but only if it's really funny). So I'd probably never sit down and watch this show, and for that reason I also had a hard time getting through this book.

The writing was okay, but I never felt invested in the story, and for taking place mostly over the period o
Once Upon a Twilight
Sep 20, 2010 Once Upon a Twilight rated it really liked it
While I never went to an out of state college nor did I join a sorority, this series makes you feel as if you did. You fall in love with the characters and their adventures throughout their college years. Although the title may seem as though you know how it will turn out, it completely surprises you.

Casey is a senior in college, majoring in law until she decided to switch to...... She is also the educator at her sorority ZBZ. Dale is a nerdy engineering student who has been elected to receive a
Jennifer Monzon
Sep 20, 2010 Jennifer Monzon rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: read-in-2010
Jennifer Wardrip
Nov 04, 2012 Jennifer Wardrip rated it liked it
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

It didn't start out that way. Casey Cartwright was doing the honorable thing. She agreed to help her brother, Rusty, find a date for his roommate, Dale, to the engineering awards' banquet. When she couldn't convince any of her fellow Zeta Beta Zeta sisters or pledges to go with him, she agreed to escort him. Dale was a nice guy. He just had a bit of a crush on her and she wanted to make sure he knew she was going as a friend, nothing more.

The night after th
Reading Vacation
Mar 09, 2011 Reading Vacation rated it really liked it
REVIEW
This book is based on the ABC Family TV show, GREEK. I went into this book having never seen the show and not knowing very much about college fraternities. Regardless, I was interested in reading it because the premise sounded as though it would be pretty funny. Two dates on one night equals lots of craziness!
Casey seems to be a nice enough girl and she had good intentions when she accepted both dates. Both of the guys, Dale and Rob, play into their stereotypes. I wish there had been more
Katieb (MundieMoms)
Sep 24, 2010 Katieb (MundieMoms) rated it really liked it
Gmr
Sep 02, 2010 Gmr rated it really liked it
This was a great book perfect for a lighter bit of fun on your reading list. Fans of the show will certainly recall the episode on which it is based, but that does not detract from the draw you will feel towards the book. As is often the case, it only adds to the experience, providing the inner dialogue and back storys that couldn't necessarily be fit into an hour's viewing time. Certainly able to be finished in one sitting if one would choose to, but also fun to draw out over a few reading sess ...more
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Is it my imagination or they have spelled at the cover the word "Greek" wrong??
No, it isn't. I am Greek, so don't dare contadict me!!! It writes Grssk. The letter Σ (a letter from the Greek alphabet) is definately not equivelent to the "e" in the English alphabet. I think that the editor and the cover designer of this book made a mistake.....
Upstatemamma
Jul 20, 2010 Upstatemamma rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010-books
Eh! I was not so impressed with this book. Reading it I thought to myself I can see how this would make a pretty good TV show but a book? No, not so much. The characters were sort of flat. And the story was just annoying - especially because the ending did not really solve the story line. It is left open for more stories.
Bridget
Aug 14, 2010 Bridget rated it liked it
This was such a fun read. It brought me back to my days as a teen. No, I never had two dates in the same night but I can remember liking two guys at once. I would daydream about what might be and how I would choose one over the other. If you like teen books, I'm pretty sure you will enjoy this one.
Shanna Kunkel
May 17, 2010 Shanna Kunkel rated it it was amazing
It was pretty much like watching the show. And I like the fact that it is a book that can be read without actually having seen the show. I'm looking forward to reading the second one.
Julie
Jul 23, 2010 Julie rated it liked it
reminds me of the tv show --full review to com
Kelsey
I'm marking this one as DNF. As much as I enjoyed the show, I just couldn't get into this one.
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Apr 12, 2014 Brianna (The Book Vixen) marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: dnf-2010
This was a DNF for me, thus no rating.

I wasn't feeling the story or the characters.
Christine
Sep 25, 2011 Christine rated it liked it
A nice quick read if you were a fan of the show and want more of the characters
Allison
Mar 14, 2012 Allison rated it it was ok
Too many characters, too much back story. Not a great read.
Kaylabookworm22 L
Aug 21, 2013 Kaylabookworm22 L rated it it was amazing
A good read. :)
Samantha Bryan
Samantha Bryan marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Paige
Paige rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 28, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
BookMuggle
BookMuggle rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Marsha Warner was born in the small Himalayan town that only appears every seven years and then disappears back into the morning mist. At the age of ten, she became famous for her lion-wrestling exploits. At seventeen, she became the first person to ascend Mount Everest on one foot. By thirty she had her first million from her lucrative career of appearing uncredited in thousands of films. By fort ...more
More about Marsha Warner...

Greek (2 books)
  • Best Frenemies (Greek, #2)