Start by marking “Taken By the Laird” as Want to Read:
Taken By the Laird

Taken By the Laird (Regency Flings #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A bride on the run . . .

A young lady escapes to Scotland in the dead of night, desperate to avoid the horrid marriage her guardian had arranged. Traveling alone, fearing for her safety, Brianna Munro finds shelter at the imposing Castle Glenloch. She intends to stay for just one night . . . but then Brianna encounters Hugh Christie, Laird Glenloch, and all her best-laid pl
Published September 29th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Taken By the Laird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken By the Laird

Paranormal Romance
On the run from an evil guardian and a disgusting betrothed, the heroine finds shelter for the night in a run down castle only to be found by the laird. He's returned to his keep, reluctantly because of memories of his less then satisfying first marriage, to get to the bottom of some money that's gone missing from his bootlegging business. A snow storm secludes the pair in his castle. Alone due to a ghost that haunts the place so that no servants will stay the night, the two quickly become lover ...more
Jessica
I was very much torn while reading this book.

I found it to be incredibly entertaining and easy reading-wise which is always a plus. I couldn't help but be compelled to continue past each chapter's end, just to see if the Brianna would finally figure out the Glenloch ghost or that Hugh would let her leave the castle.

On the other hand, however, there were some definite flaws with Maguire's writing. Firstly, she was quite redundant; I feel the book could have shed 50 pages or so based on the amount
Liz Stevens
This novel starts off with an heiress hell bent on escaping ANY marriage, but currently the one arranged for her, to a corset-wearing lecher, who runs into a smuggling satyr hiding from conniving ladies, but with no issues debauching virgins of a lesser class.
Cue aggravation and wanting to choke the crap out of the male lead, because at this point, you can't REALLY call him the hero, he's more the hemorrhoid on the asshole of who should be the hero.
Cue background. The story morphs into a frust
Amanda
I kept going between 3 stars and 4...but settled on 4.
I would defiantly read more of Margo Maguire's books.
The storyline moved along at a good pace with one exception - the ghost part was interesting but it dragged, there were times that it seemed to deliver no new information and was just stuck in the chapters as a filler.
If you like Scottish historical romances, you should look this author up.
I_love_a_happily_ever_after
Oh My Margo! I have said before that your books were a bit on the spicy side for me, and this one was no different. ;o) However, I still LOVED this book. The story is fantastic. I loved the element of the ghosts and I loved the setting of the dilapidated Scottish Castle. Your characters come alive on the pages and have realistic goals and modivation.
manic_reader
I really did not like this book. Hugh basically seduces Brianna, after her insistent No's because shes a governess and I quote -"Her talents were wasted in the schoolroom" p151.
He is a spoiled child who gets mad at her when he finds out shes a lady and he has to marry her. I started skimming after they get married.

Dont recommend it.
Terree
I really liked this book. I liked the characters, the story line, and I like the little mystery too. it was a good read :)
Misfit
This is so bad I can't take it. I've bailed at page 25 and am not going back.
Jackie
Simple formula and plot but still an engaging read.
Helen
I loved this book another great story by Margo
Jessica Ocegueda
This book was a very great read.
Ana
Ana is currently reading it
May 25, 2015
Y Gem
Y Gem marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Syreeta
Syreeta marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Whitley
Whitley marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
DeAnn
DeAnn marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Meredith Bailey
Meredith Bailey marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Terra Frias
Terra Frias marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Irene Ojoni
Irene Ojoni marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Elizabeth Hurley
Elizabeth Hurley marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Dorie Nelson
Dorie Nelson marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • Highland Dragon
  • Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)
  • Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1)
  • The Border Lord
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • Highland Heat (Highlander, #3)
  • Under the Highlander's Spell (Sinclare Brothers, #2)
  • A Scotsman in Love
  • My Devilish Scotsman (MacDonell Brides, #2)
  • Bride of a Wicked Scotsman (McBride Family, #3)
  • Highland Rebel: A Tale of a Rebellious Lady and a Traitorous Lord
  • The Highlander's Sword (Highlander #1)
  • Lady Of The Knight
  • To Wed a Highlander (The McTiernays, #2)
  • My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1)
As a nice, sane break from the drama and fast pace of working as a registered nurse in an intensive care unit, Margo Maguire returned to college to study history, and fell in love. Writing about the historical characters she encountered in her classes was a good way to unwind from a crazy day in the unit. She soon started creating her own fictional characters and putting them into historical setti ...more
More about Margo Maguire...

Regency Flings (5 books)
  • Wild (Regency Flings, #1)
  • The Rogue Prince
  • Seducing the Governess
  • Brazen
Seducing the Governess Mad About Ivy (Berkshire Brides, #0.5) The Bride Hunt (Conqueror, #1) The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1) Brash