Start by marking “Mastering the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success: An Owner's Manual to the New York Times Bestseller, the Traveler's Gift” as Want to Read:

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  239 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Mastering the Seven Decisions guides readers to a profound understanding of how to fully integrate seven life-changing Decisions into their daily lives.

The Responsible Decision The buck stops here. I accept responsibility for my past. I am responsible for my success. I will not let my history control my destiny. The Guided Decision I will seek wisdom. The Active Decision I
Published April 15th 2008 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about Mastering the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success

It's funny this is mostly all basic stuff that we all should know, and much of it we already do, at least some times. But he tells it to us from a new perspective that makes you want to renew your efforts to apply these good principles. The best part is the beginning of the book where it goes over each of the 7 principles. A lot of the rest of the book is just filler where he repeats himself a lot to make a whole book out of pretty simple concepts. There are some great stories in his examples th ...more
Andrews cites biographies as evidence that these seven principles determine success. I love the premise that these principles are personal decisions & the implication that success can be decided. I also appreciate the specific biographies used in the book that are now on my to-read list.
After listening to Andrews' book Mastering the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success I am hooked on this author. In fact, this became a "MUST OWN THIS"! for me and I gave them as gifts at Christmas to everyone in my family. Very inspiring!

Just listened to this a second time in twice as many years. I'm thinking a once-a-month, or perhaps once a quarter and certainly at least once a year would be a good prescription for me. He includes affirmations with each category.
The Responsible Deci
Tim Plett
This was a reread so I frankly read with as much focus as I did the first time around. However, it is a book worth reading many times until the seven decisions stick.
They haven't stuck yet so I will be reading it again.
Carle Aldrete
Andy is very real. No wonder he and Dave Ramsey are friends.
Anne Gazzolo
Another awesome book, loaded with inspiration, motivation and practical advice to achieve your dreams! Highly recommended for anyone and everyone who wants to succeed in doing what God made them to do. You do not need to read The Traveler's Gift first to benefit from the wealth in this book. I loved that book too. Mastering gives you all the nitty gritty details to how to really make the Decisions active and powerful in your life. Drop everything if you are wanting to make a real change in your ...more
I enjoyed reading this book. I would like seeing some high school and college freshman use this alongside a mentoring situation as a way to help them process life goals, education goals, and things that might be hindering you, blocking you from a fuller life. But again, I think a mentoring situation would be great. Some of the exercises were kind of incomplete, leaving you hanging, and needed to go one step further (hence working alongside a mentor).
Elizabeth Olson
Good advice based on sound principles (mind the company you keep, find mentors on the way, etc.), paired with exciting stories to illustrate how each decision made a difference for someone important or famous. There's nothing new here, and Andrews perhaps repeats his points a bit more than necessary, but his storyteller's instincts are right on, and so are the Seven Decisions.
Grant Davis
Just read this for college, I tried to "eat the cherries and spit out the pits" with this book, but his teachings become strictly heretical in places and his teaching is all too "ME"-based.

I advise Christians to steer clear of this book

"Popular" or "famous" does not mean can gain the whole world, yet lose their soul
he puts a lot of emotion and excitement in his voice and was a good audiobook. It failed to get 2 more stars from me because it was a bit repetitive and most of it was said in a way I have heard before...but then again, I like this kind of stuff.
Have watched the DVD on The Seven Decisions and his philosophy is great -- very common sense that emphasizes one being responsible for decisions we make -- not blaming others, feeling guilty for past, etc., etc. Watch the DVD and then get the book.
It happened again-I after listening to the audio version, I have to go get the hard copy now! I highly recommend this book because of how practical it is. I'll go back through it when I have the paper version and do the suggested work too.
I read this book in no time! I absolutely loved this book. It was what I needed at this time. I believe it is to be now my most favorite book! Everyone must read this to have a wake up call. How simple are these lessons.
Nothing really new in this book if you have read titles from this genre before, however the information is told in a very entertaining manner and it never hurts to hear god information over and over again.
Ti-Leigh Telford
Read this at the request of my husband who has been listening to it as an audio book. He says it has kept him on track while he pursues his dream of self employment. It is applicable in all walks of life.
I would dare say that this is a must read for all those seeking wisdom in their lives... simple, very accessible, not really anything new, just well put together...
If you're ready to pursue your dreams or make positive changes in your life, this is a wonderful book to get you moving, inspired and ready to persist!
Dec 31, 2007 Eileen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
i love andy's books and have read them all. they really help you focus on your life and what matters.
great history lessons as well.
Filled with advice you can actually use on a daily basis. I'm treating this as a reference that I refer to often.

Roger L. Dougherty
May 01, 2010 Roger L. Dougherty rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone.......
Shelves: andy-andrews
The Seven Decisions can change lives if we're willing to change.......
Jacqueline Brookshier
A very good read. I have not read a book of his that is bad. A great writer.
A must read for anybody who wants to improve their life in all area's
Good companion to The Traveler's Gift.
Michelle Lach
Michelle Lach marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Mary Elizabeth
Mary Elizabeth is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2015
Julie Della Maggiora
Julie Della Maggiora marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Franc marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
  • Creating Your Personal Life Plan: A Step-by-Step Guide for Designing the Life You've Always Wanted
  • Cultivating an Unshakable Character
  • The Encore Effect: How to Achieve Remarkable Performance in Anything You Do
  • Ethics 101: What Every Leader Needs To Know
  • The Science Of Self-Confidence
  • 20,000 Days and Counting: The Crash Course for Mastering Your Life Right Now
  • The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living
  • Rhinoceros Success
  • Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations
  • Wisdom Meets Passion: When Generations Collide and Collaborate
  • Darkness of This World (Wrath & Righteousness, #2)
  • The Secret Science: For the Physical and Spiritual Transformation of Man (Hermetic Philosophy, Book 1)
  • The Think Big Manifesto: Think You Can't Change Your Life (and the World?) Think Again.
  • Mojo: How to Get It, How to Keep It, How to Get It Back If You Lose It
  • You Can Choose to Be Rich
  • All You Can Do Is All You Can Do But All You Can Do Is Enough!
  • 17 Lies That Are Holding You Back and the Truth That Will Set You Free
  • Getting Things Done...Fast!: The Ultimate Stress-Free Productivity System
~ Hailed by a New York Times writer as a "modern-day Will Rogers who has quietly become one of the most influential people in America."

~ Spoken at the request of four different U.S. Presidents

~ Every single minute a book by Andy Andrews is sold somewhere in the world!

~ New York Times Bestselling Author of The Noticer and The Traveler's Gift

More about Andy Andrews...