Start by marking “Slim and Scrumptious: More Than 75 Delicious, Healthy Meals Your Family Will Love” as Want to Read:

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  7 reviews
How would you like to eat rich, flavorful, healthy food at home and not worry about calories?

Today show nutritionist Joy Bauer has helped millions of people improve their health, and now she wants to improve their home-cooked meals as well. Tired of the misconception that you have to dine out to eat delicious food, Joy proves in Slim and Scrumptious that not only can you e
Published April 6th 2010 by William Morrow Cookbooks

To ask other readers questions about Slim and Scrumptious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slim and Scrumptious

Desiree
Not bad. At least 6 recipes I can't wait to try.

I'm skeptical and worried that she's a nutritionist who is advocating margarine (real butter can never be as bad as that scary stuff) but other than that the advice seems fairly sound. She "sneaks" lots of veggies into not-usually-healthy dishes and cuts the fat and calories.

(I'm not sure why she's SO OBSESSED with animal protein, though; there are maybe 3 or 4 vegetarian recipes out of like 70...)

I appreciate how she structured the serving sizes
C
At first glance, I thought "blah, another low fat cookbook with bland recipes." Then I decided to sign it out anyway, just to see. Then I found the buffalo-style chicken chili...and was roped in.

Great layout, great pictures, a variety of recipes.

Tried:
Lowfat Cheesecake Fruit Dip - wonderful. I want to try this with cardamom instead of cinnamon.

Buffalo Chili - GREAT...so good...
Hummus - not so hot. I prefer the olive oil taste over the sour cream tang of greek yogurt.

Cocoa Almonds - my god, they
Kelly
More pictures Please!!!

I know most authors do not want to take up page space with pictures, but this book includes pictures of ingredients, but not the finished food product. Help me out here people!

I found two recipes in this book to try and one has already been a huge hit. The recipes I chose also happen to have pictures...hmmmm, go figure

Amanda
Feb 22, 2012 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who love to cook
Great recipes full of flavor and light on calories! We will be adding a lot of these dishes to our list of faves and go-to dishes. She does a nice job of covering a variety of types of meals- breakfast, lunch, soups, dinner and snacks.
Pauline
Would not recommend this book to vegetarians.I might make 2 recipes out of the whole book... I love Joy Bauer , her other books are so much better.
Sheridan
I love this cookbook. I've got it currently checked out from the library and have made 10 of the recipes. I plan on making every one.
Carly
One of my favorite low calorie cook books!! Every recipe is absolutely delicious, no seriously culinary experience required.
Brooke
Brooke added it
Jan 18, 2015
Jane in SC (JaneReads)
Jane in SC (JaneReads) marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Nennys
Nennys added it
Oct 21, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
leslie a. darnell
leslie a. darnell marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Hilary White
Hilary White marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Laura Hughes
Laura Hughes marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Joy Bauer's Food Cures: Treat Common Health Concerns, Look Younger and Live Longer Joy Fit Club: Cookbook, Diet Plan & Inspiration Joy's Life Diet: Four Steps to Thin Forever Complete Idiot's Guide to Total Nutrition The 90/10 Weight-Loss Plan