Start by marking “Glory, Glory” as Want to Read:
Glory, Glory

Glory, Glory

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  487 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Eight years ago, Glory Parsons had been forced to flee her hometown--and leave behind her first love. And Jesse Bainbridge would never know the heartbreaking price she'd paid--or about the child born of their fiery union....

Jesse had once wanted Glory with all the passion in his soul--until she walked out on him. Now she was back with shocking news that would change his li
Published May 1st 2008 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Glory, Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glory, Glory

Yodamom
Sweet Quick and Romantic Two short romantic tales of heroic men/women helping others while they fight their own demons.
The first is about a young girl who had to give up her child for adoption. She returns to her hometown to find her daughter being raised by her natural father. Her past and her present collide revealing secrets that should have never been.
Yodamom
The second story is about another young mother on the run from the sherif of her home town. She fears everyone, his ties are vast and "the law". She dropped out of HS
Patricia Solla
This is a story by the main author and a bonus book by a secondary author. Both stories were very enjoyable. Glory, Glory is the story of a young woman returning to her hometown for her mother's wedding. As the story evolves the reader learns what happened to the young woman that caused her to leave her home. Part of the cause was that she was pregnant and gave up the child for adoption. Interestingly enough now 10 years later she finds the child being taken care of by her former boyfriend as th ...more
LibraryDanielle
this felt like a short story forced to be a full book. not fleshed out, trite, and so on. the plot was overdone, and it read like a bad lifetime movie. I wanted to like this, but it just wasn't doing it for me.
Tonya Warner
Glory Parsons comes back to here home town. Her mom is finally getting married, and Glory has finally made a break from her traitor of a boyfriend. Finding herself still drawn to Jesse Bainbridge, her long ago high school sweetheart, Glory finds out that the daughter she had been forced to give uP for adoption had been adopted by Jesse's own brother.

Jesse had thought after almost ten years since Glory had deserted him, he was finally ready to move on. Then, Glory comes back, and he is suddenly n
Rita
In Glory, Glory, the main character, Glory of course, returns to her hometown for her mother's wedding. It has been 8 years since Glory left, and if it weren't for the wedding, she wouldn't be back. When she was a teenager, she became pregnant by her high school sweetheart, Jesse. Jesse's grandfather, a judge, didn't think much of Glory and made her leave town by threatening to destroy her brother. Glory ended up giving up her daughter for adoption, which greatly upset her. When she returns home ...more
Dianne
This is a book is comprised of two older novellas – “Glory, Glory” from 1990 and it kind of shows its age and “Snowbound With the Bodyguard “which though newer, is a much less believable and polished novel.

“Glory,Glory” is a true tear-jerker. Glory was forced to put her child up for adoption when she was 18. She never knew who had adopted her baby. Now she is back in her old hometown, sets eyes on her old high school lover/sweet heart and things go to Hell in a hand basket

This is a very sexy tea
Rhonda

My Review Glory, Glory by Linda Lael Miller

4 STARS

Glory, Glory starts right off with drama and keeps it going for the rest of book. Their is a lot of sex scenes
that I skipped over.

Glory has come back to her home town after leaving when she was 18 without saying goodbye. Her mom is getting married.
Glory is meeting a friend after she is done with Christmas pageant practice. During the practice she recognizes a little girl looks just like her grandmother. She figures out right away it has to be the
CJ - let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater
Glory, Glory- Linda Lael Miller - 2 stars

This is a short second chance romance involving lies, a kid, stupidity, cruelty, and extreme stubbornness.

There is very little character development and the story moves along quickly enough that you don't really get a sense of who these people are and why you should care about them.

Jesse and Glory are old lovers but in their current incarnation, it doesn't seem that way. Granted there are reasons why but it seems that their love was pretty flimsy if both
Jane
Glory Parson returns to Pearl River after 10 years for christmas and her mother’s New Year’s Wedding. Who does she see first but her one great love, Jesse Bainbridge, the man she would have married at 18 if not for his judge/senator grandfather. It is a bitter reunion. He’s still not forgiven her for disappearing without saying goodbye and without an explanation, but Glory holds back the bitter truth of why she left in such a hurry.
Her stay was temporary, until she sees a little girl at church
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
A lot of people really hated this book for some odd reason but I just couldn't seem to hate it. Sure, the heroine draws some pretty wild conclusions but we aren't always that logical when it comes to our children or the ones that we love. Okay, the sheriff wasn't the stunning example of moral strength but he loved and lost and pretty much gave up on ever loving again. When the woman he originally loved waltzes back into town unexpectedly, he finds out the heart he thought healed and a life ready ...more
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
Glory, Glory by Linda Lael Miller
D, blaze, no kink, contemp, originally copyrighted in 1990

Glory is returning to her hometown for her mother's wedding. 10 years ago, she was blackmailed into leaving town without telling her boyfriend Jesse that she was pregnant and giving the little baby girl up for adoption (please tell me you see where this is going). That's right. The first time Glory sees Jesse's orphaned niece (who was adopted by Jesse's older brother) she just knows that it's her little gi
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
This review contains two books: Glory, Glory by Linda Lael Miller and Snowbound With the Bodyguard by Carla Cassidy. The two books contain 416 pages together and average a C ranking from me.

Glory, Glory by Linda Lael Miller
D, blaze, no kink, contemp, originally copyrighted in 1990

Joanne
Glory is forced out of town by her young boyfriends father when he finds that she is pregnant and has to give up her child. Many years later she returns to town and finds that her teenage boyfriend is now the town Sheriff and that the daughter she gave away is living in that town. She decides to stay because of her daughter and finally confronts the Sheriff about their daughter.
Teri
The story involves two former high-school sweethearts who reunite under less than perfect circumstances. The story unfolds by showing how they resolve their anger at one another, rediscover their true love, and it all involves a surprise I won’t divulge. A nice twist in the relationship that neatly wraps up with a Christmas miracle. A nice, quick read.
Natalie
This book has two stories by two different authors. The first story is by Linda Lael Miller. I've read many books by her so I was a little surprised that this one didn't do it for me as much as her stories usually do. And I can't really put my finger on why I feel that way about the story.
The second story is by Carla Cassidy and it's called "Snowbound with the Body guard". This story just took me with it, I love when you get lost in a story like I did with this one. Loved the story line and ho
Marleen
In my opinion, it’s been way too long since Linda Lael Miller delivered a truly wonderful book. I keep waiting though, and hoping she will one day deliver again the quality and originality of the Mojo series. It’s really too bad she hasn’t explored that series any further. Also thinking back to "The Man from Stony Creek" or "The Rustler", which had so much more substance, I have to admit I've missed that in LLM's books recently.

Glory, Glory is a sweet predictable little romance novel with, unfor
Lynda
I agree with the 3_1/2 star rating showing as I write this review. Since I can't leave that I put 4stars. The lead lady was just a bit TOO good to believe and the love scenes could have reduced to just two.
Ann
Two good stories about women overcoming their past to find true love. Both Miller and Bracale have great characters in their books. Both are full length novels. Both our heroines have grave injustices in their lives, a grandfather who runs one out of town with threats and a sheriff who abuses his office to send a woman and her baby on the run.
Janet
This is a combination of two books. The first is a reissue of Linda Lael Miller's Glory, Glory from 1990, and the second is Snowbound with the Bodyguard by Carla Cassidy. Of the two, I liked the Cassidy offering more. Glory, Glory hasn't stood the test of time, and I thought it seemed dated. It was funny , but I don't believe it was meant to be. Lael Miller fans may want this to complete their collections, but new fans may be disappointed.
The Cassidy book, a contemporary romance, was a well wri
Sharon
Glory got pregnant at 18 and was forced to leave home and stay away. She comes back 10 years later to see her mother get married. She sees Jesse, her old boyfriend who is know the sheriff. And she meets Liza, the daughter she had given up for adoption.

You can see where this is all going and it does. Glory tries to get to know her daughter while Jesse hates her for running away without a word. But the attraction is there and they have no trouble having sex even while they argue before and after.
Patricia
Another great one from Linda...so glad I found it! Interesting perspective on adoption.
Jenn
Very sweet romance.

Glory Parsons goes home for her momma's wedding. She hasn't been back in 10 years. And she doesn't wanna be back now. She left for a reason that would destroy Jesse Bainbridge, if he ever found it.

She has kept this secret,even though it kills her.

Glory left him, without even saying goodbye, and now she's back. He doesn't want her here. He was just now getting on with his life and now she's messing everything up.

But when her secret is revealed and and the reason she left is br
Fernanda

Uma historia que se lê com um sorriso nos lábios e ao mesmo tempo com um sentimento de dor no coração.

opinião completa:
Shawn
2sonreader
I was disappointed in Glory, Glory, a reissue by Linda Lael Miller, a favourite author of mine. However I thoroughly enjoyed the romantic suspense in Snowbound with the Bodyguard by Carla Cassidy. I will be looking for more books by Cassidy. Review based on an ARC received from NetGalley.
Pamela
Glory, Glory a classic romance novel with a Christmas theme has been rereleased with a bonus novella. It is a well written and well edited novel by an accomplished author.

I recommend this novel if you feel the need for an easy, feel good read.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley.
Brittany
Oct 02, 2013 Brittany rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance and Crime Lovers
Both stories were incredible! I really enjoyed Glory and Jesse's tale of Love and redemption though i was annoyed with how Jesse acted for most of the story though I don't blame him!

I must say though Snowbound with the Bodyguard by Carla Cassidy was the best romance I've read in while! Finding true love in a dangerous situation sounds terrifying and wonderful!
  • Hawk's Way: Faron & Garth: Two Complete Novels
  • Navy Wife (Navy #1)
  • Willowleaf Lane (Hope's Crossing, #5)
  • The Lovesick Cure
  • Never Let Go/A Soldier's Secret
  • Compromised Hearts
  • Against the Odds (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #7)
  • Countdown to First Night
  • One Heart to Win
  • Cowboy at Midnight (Fortunes of Texas: Reunion #1)
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e ...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3) McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6) High Country Bride (McKettrick, #1)