Start by marking “Glory, Glory” as Want to Read:
Glory, Glory

Glory, Glory

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  501 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Eight years ago, Glory Parsons had been forced to flee her hometown--and leave behind her first love. And Jesse Bainbridge would never know the heartbreaking price she'd paid--or about the child born of their fiery union....

Jesse had once wanted Glory with all the passion in his soul--until she walked out on him. Now she was back with shocking news that would change his li
ebook, Special Releases
Published May 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Glory, Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glory, Glory

Yodamom
Sweet Quick and Romantic Two short romantic tales of heroic men/women helping others while they fight their own demons.
The first is about a young girl who had to give up her child for adoption. She returns to her hometown to find her daughter being raised by her natural father. Her past and her present collide revealing secrets that should have never been.
Yodamom
The second story is about another young mother on the run from the sherif of her home town. She fears everyone, his ties are vast and "the law". She dropped out of HS
LibraryDanielle
Aug 07, 2013 LibraryDanielle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
this felt like a short story forced to be a full book. not fleshed out, trite, and so on. the plot was overdone, and it read like a bad lifetime movie. I wanted to like this, but it just wasn't doing it for me.
Tonya Warner
Glory Parsons comes back to here home town. Her mom is finally getting married, and Glory has finally made a break from her traitor of a boyfriend. Finding herself still drawn to Jesse Bainbridge, her long ago high school sweetheart, Glory finds out that the daughter she had been forced to give uP for adoption had been adopted by Jesse's own brother.

Jesse had thought after almost ten years since Glory had deserted him, he was finally ready to move on. Then, Glory comes back, and he is suddenly n
SweetSue
Dec 24, 2015 SweetSue rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a review for Glory,Glory. Yes, it's an older book and yes it's kinda short, but really? I wasn't at all impressed. The writing was choppy, the characters were flat, everyone is all upfront and tells all and pretty much believes everything they're told, but the whole plot hinges on an unbelievable lie and cover-up.
(view spoiler)
Dianne
Oct 11, 2013 Dianne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys-arcs
This is a book is comprised of two older novellas – “Glory, Glory” from 1990 and it kind of shows its age and “Snowbound With the Bodyguard “which though newer, is a much less believable and polished novel.

“Glory,Glory” is a true tear-jerker. Glory was forced to put her child up for adoption when she was 18. She never knew who had adopted her baby. Now she is back in her old hometown, sets eyes on her old high school lover/sweet heart and things go to Hell in a hand basket

This is a very sexy tea
CJ - So, you wanna play with magic?
Glory, Glory- Linda Lael Miller - 2 stars

This is a short second chance romance involving lies, a kid, stupidity, cruelty, and extreme stubbornness.

There is very little character development and the story moves along quickly enough that you don't really get a sense of who these people are and why you should care about them.

Jesse and Glory are old lovers but in their current incarnation, it doesn't seem that way. Granted there are reasons why but it seems that their love was pretty flimsy if both
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
A lot of people really hated this book for some odd reason but I just couldn't seem to hate it. Sure, the heroine draws some pretty wild conclusions but we aren't always that logical when it comes to our children or the ones that we love. Okay, the sheriff wasn't the stunning example of moral strength but he loved and lost and pretty much gave up on ever loving again. When the woman he originally loved waltzes back into town unexpectedly, he finds out the heart he thought healed and a life ready ...more
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
Glory, Glory by Linda Lael Miller
D, blaze, no kink, contemp, originally copyrighted in 1990

Glory is returning to her hometown for her mother's wedding. 10 years ago, she was blackmailed into leaving town without telling her boyfriend Jesse that she was pregnant and giving the little baby girl up for adoption (please tell me you see where this is going). That's right. The first time Glory sees Jesse's orphaned niece (who was adopted by Jesse's older brother) she just knows that it's her little gi
Joanne
Dec 05, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glory is forced out of town by her young boyfriends father when he finds that she is pregnant and has to give up her child. Many years later she returns to town and finds that her teenage boyfriend is now the town Sheriff and that the daughter she gave away is living in that town. She decides to stay because of her daughter and finally confronts the Sheriff about their daughter.
Lindsay Martz
I love her newer books but this one was terrible. The main characters kept flipping back and forth at the drop of a hate - love/hate, trust/distrust. They go from barely speaking to engaged in the span of five minutes. One minute she's telling him to stay away and the next they are having sex in a car. It lacked the authors usual character development.

Teri
Nov 24, 2014 Teri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story involves two former high-school sweethearts who reunite under less than perfect circumstances. The story unfolds by showing how they resolve their anger at one another, rediscover their true love, and it all involves a surprise I won’t divulge. A nice twist in the relationship that neatly wraps up with a Christmas miracle. A nice, quick read.
Elaine
Mar 29, 2015 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very seldom do any books move my to tears, but this one did. My heart went out to Glory for all the heartache she suffered at the hands of a grumpy old man. I also liked the way Liza was involved in the book. Most of the time the child is just mentioned, but in this book, Liza had a active part. I liked the story very much.
Marleen
Aug 04, 2011 Marleen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion, it’s been way too long since Linda Lael Miller delivered a truly wonderful book. I keep waiting though, and hoping she will one day deliver again the quality and originality of the Mojo series. It’s really too bad she hasn’t explored that series any further. Also thinking back to "The Man from Stony Creek" or "The Rustler", which had so much more substance, I have to admit I've missed that in LLM's books recently.

Glory, Glory is a sweet predictable little romance novel with, unfor
Lynda
Aug 22, 2014 Lynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I agree with the 3_1/2 star rating showing as I write this review. Since I can't leave that I put 4stars. The lead lady was just a bit TOO good to believe and the love scenes could have reduced to just two.
Ann
Jan 19, 2014 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two good stories about women overcoming their past to find true love. Both Miller and Bracale have great characters in their books. Both are full length novels. Both our heroines have grave injustices in their lives, a grandfather who runs one out of town with threats and a sheriff who abuses his office to send a woman and her baby on the run.
Janet
This is a combination of two books. The first is a reissue of Linda Lael Miller's Glory, Glory from 1990, and the second is Snowbound with the Bodyguard by Carla Cassidy. Of the two, I liked the Cassidy offering more. Glory, Glory hasn't stood the test of time, and I thought it seemed dated. It was funny , but I don't believe it was meant to be. Lael Miller fans may want this to complete their collections, but new fans may be disappointed.
The Cassidy book, a contemporary romance, was a well wri
Anna Schno
It was an overall ok read. Nothing truly special.

Ich habe ein Buch bei BookCrossing.com registriert!
Sharon
Jan 27, 2009 Sharon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Glory got pregnant at 18 and was forced to leave home and stay away. She comes back 10 years later to see her mother get married. She sees Jesse, her old boyfriend who is know the sheriff. And she meets Liza, the daughter she had given up for adoption.

You can see where this is all going and it does. Glory tries to get to know her daughter while Jesse hates her for running away without a word. But the attraction is there and they have no trouble having sex even while they argue before and after.
Fernanda

Uma historia que se lê com um sorriso nos lábios e ao mesmo tempo com um sentimento de dor no coração.

opinião completa:
Shawn
Apr 22, 2009 Shawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pamela
Dec 27, 2013 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glory, Glory a classic romance novel with a Christmas theme has been rereleased with a bonus novella. It is a well written and well edited novel by an accomplished author.

I recommend this novel if you feel the need for an easy, feel good read.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley.
Emily Higgins
Jan 11, 2014 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Glory returns home after 10 years. She discovers that the daughter she gave up for adoption 9 years ago is living in her hometown. Glory's ex-boyfriend is the little girl's guardian. There are many plot twists that brought about this situation. The story is a little predictable, but pleasant reading.
Janell Hartzell
Jan 19, 2014 Janell Hartzell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
great read
Linda
Nov 03, 2013 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a 3.5 and you can tell that Linda Lael Miller wrote it a long time ago. The storyline was great and I would have loved if she had written it more recently. She has such a way with stories and this was a good one but needed to be fleshed out a little.
Megan
Nov 28, 2011 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
I think I had been putting this one off since I haven’t liked the last few Linda Lael Miller books that I’ve read. However, this one put Miller back in my good graces. It was a very light, easy, fun read. Perfect for this time of the year.
Kelly
Ugh, I am so disappointed because I liked Linda Lael Miller's other two books I read but I can't finish this. The plot is terribly simple and has been done a thousand times before and the leads are cold.
Nicole
Mar 25, 2015 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of Linda Lael Miller's books they are all amazing reads.
Pam
Dec 17, 2009 Pam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick, light read, but ultimately not really satisfying. Its short length made for a sketchily drawn hero and heroine, and the main plot twist was far too outlandish for me.
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Sisters Found (Hawk's Way, #13)
  • In Our Dreams
  • Chieftain (Border, #3)
  • The Diaper Diaries
  • Orchard Valley
  • Baby, Don't Go (Southern Roads, #3)
  • Sweet Laurel Falls (Hope's Crossing, #3)
  • Compromised Hearts
  • Diamond In The Rough (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #3)
  • Summer Moon
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e ...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...