The Threat: Duel Antar Animorphs (Animorphs, #21)

The Threat: Duel Antar Animorphs (Animorphs #21)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,846 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Ancaman itu datang dari si anak baru Animorps bernama David. Awalnya dia adalah petarung yang handal. Tapi seiring rencana besar yang terhampar di hadapan mereka, anak-anak Animorph sadar mereka melakukan sebuah kesalahan mengerikan.
Published 2001 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Threat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Threat

Janelle Dazzlepants
Nemo (the Moonlight Library)
description
Brought to you by The Moonlight Library!

Things with the newest Animorph, David, aren’t going so well. He’s reckless, unmoral, and a coward. He’s also the biggest threat to the Animorphs since they started their war. He knows their secret, and he has their power…

I absolutely love the David trilogy. David is unlikeable from the first time we meet him in The Discovery. Even though this novel is short, his character growth is phenomenal. He grows from a little reckless, quite frightened by morphing,...more
Julie Decker
After a narrow escape from their investigative mission on the Yeerk Blade ship, the Animorphs hatch a plan to infiltrate and save the world leaders from being infested by Yeerks. They're also still getting used to their new member, David, and have some disturbing conversations and revelations about him. He seems insubordinate, confused, and possibly dangerous. When they sneak in to scope out the place where the world leaders' banquet is going to occur, they uncover some tricky Yeerk holograms an...more
Parikhit
The 21st book in the series by Applegate and the second science fiction book I picked up after an astounding experience with ‘The Threat’, second in the Animorphs series. Science fiction has dangerously crept into my interest. Morphing back into the teenager, I was hooked to ‘The Threat’ and couldn’t wait to lay my hands on this one and it would be an understatement if I were to mention I liked the book. Though I missed about 18 books in the series my hiatus was compensated by a brief introducti...more
Swankivy
Second in the "David" trilogy. David proves to be one twisted little sicko. Even though the Animorphs are good guys, they may have to think like bad guys in order to stop David, because after all, they not only have themselves to think about; they are the only force stopping the Yeerks from taking over for good. They can't let this little snot wreck their group. But what can they do without becoming evil themselves?

Notable moments and inconsistencies:

It's a nice touch that people who got knocked...more
Marchel
The 21th story about Animorphs. Jake the Leader.

As teenager, Jake must face and handle a lot of trouble. Well, he's the leader of our small battle team names Animorphs. He must take a decision about dead or alive on long battle against Yeerk.

This time, he must deal with a huge mission and a new member of Animorphs, David. First David looks like a great addition to the team, he knows something that the others don't know, he battle well. But, David is an a**h*l3. He trying to betray the others, tr...more
Beth
Ok, I really hate this guy. There is obviously something a little more than broken in his head. It drives me nuts that Jake doesn't recognize all the signs. I think Jake grows the most so far as a leader in this book. This is the first book where he actually acts like a leader instead of just being so in name only. The animorphs become more militant.

Jake is also faced with morally complicated situations that there is really no right answer to. Abandon David, kill him, or let him join. Having a g...more
Bonesy
Like #17, I have to complain about the cover. Why don't they show Jake morphing into the dragonfly? That would have been so badass! Anyway, this is an excellent book, and the most memorable that make up the David trilogy. The Animorphs are on a mission to stop Visser Three's plans, but wait! It's a trap. And on top of that, David is a traitor. This book is a more interesting read, with quite a few twists. The way the characters interact with David is awesome. He basically reminds you of that dis...more
Alex
Another excellent Animorphs re-read!

I had a suspicion that something was up with this David character from the get-go. I don't remember what happens, so I have no idea how this particular story arc will end.
Rodrigo
This animorphs book is very interesting because it is about life or death and that is very crucial .
Stephen
Interesting to see how the animorphs deal with an enemy in their midst
Amantha
Good god the whole David arc was so ridiculous.
alternBRUNO°°
That final battle was definitely something.
Katelynn
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eliana Lima
THAT CLIFFHANGER THO.
Samantha González
OTRA VEZ UN FINAL CON CONTINUARA? Ya empiezo el que sigue, pero antes varias cosas:
1) David es un *****, en el libro anterior me cayó muy mal y en ese ya lo odio, no lo quiero ni ver.
2) Tobias se llega a morir y voy a estar llorando por una semana.
3) Necesito saber que es lo que esconde David, yo se que algo esconde pero no lo dicen!
Pamela
I knew I wasn't wrong when I decided to continue the Animorphs series from where I left off in my childhood. This book totally gripped me and I never thought of putting it down. I wanted to find out what kind of creep David is and I sure did. I hope the Animorphs take down that miserable, filthy excuse for a human being.
Jackie Krasuski
I do not know how I ever would have survived junior high without this fantastic science fiction series. Maybe the story quality went down as the book numbers got higher, but the idea that aliens were invading our planet secretly... it was almost good enough for a young teenager to believe.
Tulsi
Wow, I love these three books. Very telling of what the Animorphs are capable of, and what they are willing to do to save the planet. Very emotional trilogy in my opinion.
Travis Bughi
I consider The Threat trilogy of Animorphs to be the best trilogy of the series. After David, all other challenges the animorphs faced paled in comparison.
Patrick
Animorphs was a good series that kept me reading. Enjoyed these as a kid.
Karthik Thrikkadeeri
No time, starting The Solution... Poor Tobias..........
Elyse
See my review for "The Invasion."
highcalorie
2 of 3 with the extra guy
Alysha Speer
Aug 28, 2007 Alysha Speer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids
Shelves: sciencefiction
Way cool!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dragon (Five Ancestors, #7)
  • Robin Hood (Disney's Classic Storybook)
  • How I Learned To Fly (Goosebumps, #52)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 5 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #5)
Applegate was born in Michigan in 1956. Since then she has lived in Texas, Florida, California, Minnesota, Illinois, North Carolina, and after living in Pelago, Italy for a year, she has moved back to Southern California. She has an eleven year old son named Jake Mates, although she says the Animorph leader is not named after him. In 2003 she and her husband, Michael Grant, her co-author on many p...more
More about Katherine Applegate...
The One and Only Ivan The Invasion (Animorphs, #1) Beach Blondes: June Dreams, July's Promise, August Magic (Summer, #1-3) The Visitor (Animorphs, #2) The Encounter (Animorphs, #3)