Start by marking “Last Call” as Want to Read:
Last Call

Last Call

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  233 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Patrick’s best friend, Josh, offered to take Patrick home to spend the summer.

Patrick had been warned that there probably wouldn’t be a lot of hot young men around for the picking, but Josh never prepared him for Dakota.
Published January 2010 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Last Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Call

Serena Yates
Jan 09, 2010 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
I loved this book about a young man who falls in love with his best friend's father - who happens to be a very hot cowboy! This isn't really an easy topic, but D.J. handles it with sensitivity and makes it an even more interesting story by adding a few more obstacles for the two characters to overcome.

Patrick is a student and falls for his best friend Josh's dad almost as soon as they meet. Patrick and Josh stay at Dakota's ranch during their summer holiday while earning some money working at Da
Karen K
Feb 04, 2011 Karen K rated it it was amazing
**4.5 upped to a 5**

First of all, I love the name Dakota and the Dakota in this book stole my heart right away. Second, I love gay cowboys. Third, I love this April-December romance, and fourth, OMG Dakota is one hot man.

This was a sweet first love story - yeah, to me it was first love at least on Patrick's part, and he fell in first love with the most wonderful man. Obviously it would have been an awkward relationship at first and I totally get how Dakota tried to avoid Patrick and his overwhel
ElaineY
A little more than 3 stars. Not one of my favorite Manlys but still readable. Very uncomplicated - 22 year old Patrick falls for his best friend's Dad when they visit during the summer vacation. Dakota is just as smitten but there are reasons holding him back. These get resolved really easily. End of story.
Alina
Jan 15, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book: the age difference, falling in love with your friend's father, the cowboy thing, some dark past/history and sweet HEA :) I thoroughly enjoyed the story!
Jan 09, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this book. The premise was exactly what I was looking for when the sudden urge for a good May/December relationship hit. Patrick is a 21 year old gay college student who goes home to Wyoming with his straight best friend, Josh. Unfortunately his perfect summer is complicated when he starts developing feelings for Josh's hot cowboy father, Dakota. It sounds like a recipe for delicious tension and attempts at restraint and then drama when Josh finds out.

That is not what hap
Natalie
I loved the idea of this, but unfortunately the execution left a lot to be desired. Immature characters, rushed sex scenes, and very little of the meaningful conflict and tension I look for in a May-December romance.
Det
Jan 12, 2014 Det rated it did not like it
I've read from some author that if you have to give a low rating at least give the reason why so here it goes!

WATCH OUT for SPOILERS!

idk, this book hit all the wrong buttons for me while I'm reading but I I agree in one of the reviews, I also "like the idea of the story but unfortunately the execution left a lot to be desired".(nodding)
I didn't feel the love at first sight thingy or any sexual tension they might have nor the intense love Patrick have for Dak. I didn't like the way Patrick meddl
Omega696
I'm not sure what to say. It was ok book, no surprises, simple story, simple language. I just didn't feel anything while reading, no conections between characters. They were separate people and not very well developed at the top of that. I couldn't care much about what was happening to them.
I kind of liked Dakota. Patrick on the other hand was uneven if I can say that about a person. He was behaving mature just to turn into a kid throwing a tantrum the next second. As for his friend... was he su
~SexyBookWorm~
I. FREAKING. LOVE. books with characters who are much older and happens to be the father of someone the other character knows...I don't think ill EVER get tired of that Plot.
This particular story was about Patrick the younger one and Dakota the Older one. Dak is a super hot and buff cowboy while Patrick is a slimmer shorter city boy...who happens to be everything Dak's lonely little sexually repressed heart wanted!
Had a fair amount of angst..it could have done with just a smidge less but reall
Leontine
Review coming up - the romance didn't work for me.
Galatea only =')
2.5 stars rounded up, bc I'm a generous gal.
The blurb, and also the beginning of this story, sounded promising, but then everything happened way too fast and it didn't "feel" real - well damn, I know, it's not real, it's fiction, right? Lol. Anyway, it's never good when I start rolling my eyes...

This story was, in a way, sort of entertaining, but definitively forgettable.
Cindi
Nov 02, 2011 Cindi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, d-j-manly
I love books that have the older man/younger man or older woman/younger man, etc. Normally. While I loved Dak, I had a hard time with Patrick. The author made him seem like such an immature child. I can't quite picture why anyone (Dak) would want to be with someone who acted so childish. If he didn't get what he wanted or the reaction that he wanted he stomped off like a pouting child or one who was about to have a tantrum.

I really like the story and I have become a big fan of the author's book
Janie
Mar 05, 2014 Janie rated it liked it
Oh I love me some sexy as sin gay cowboys! Dakota was so hot and the type of teacher I wish I'd have had. Patrick was a really great younger character who fell in love with Dakota. The sex was incredibly hot. I wish the story were longer and maybe not so rushed.
Charlie Richards
Jun 02, 2011 Charlie Richards rated it really liked it
Wow - surprising premise for the 'dark past' spoken of, although resolution was a little quicker than expected for that particular issue. The tension between heroes is thick, and the love scenes hot. Very enjoyable!
Trisha Harrington
Oct 04, 2012 Trisha Harrington rated it it was amazing
It was very funny and sweet, I loved Dak and Patrick. I am so glad Josh and Kate were supportive and that William fixed the thing he did to Dak. I love cowboy romances and this was definitely a good one :)
Pr!ya
May 08, 2012 Pr!ya rated it liked it
This is the type of story that will literally make you go 'Awwwwww'. :)
There were a few errors here and there but I loved it, regardless.
Tailtiu
May 06, 2012 Tailtiu rated it liked it
The cover has nothing! to do with the story
Buda
Sep 06, 2012 Buda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite some odd inconsistencies, I really, really liked this. Great story, compelling characters.
Veronica /  V
Oct 09, 2011 Veronica / V rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Age difference stories are one of my favorite. This was quite lovely indeed>
Cassandra
Jul 31, 2012 Cassandra rated it really liked it
I just don't understand why the guy on the cover has a revolver in his hand.
*Nan*
Jun 26, 2012 *Nan* rated it liked it
I really liked this book and would give it a 3.5 if I could.
Alarik
Jul 18, 2012 Alarik rated it really liked it
Like 3,5 - 4 stars.
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Jake Alexander
Jake Alexander marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Ray
Ray rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2016
Cary DR
Cary DR marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
  • Sunset Ridge
  • Texas Surrender
  • Stealing West
  • Stone Canyon
  • The Law of Desire (Encounters, #1)
  • To Love a Cowboy
  • Red Skies
  • Riding Heartbreak Road
  • Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm, #2)
  • When the Bluebird Calls (Heart of the Mountain, #1)
  • Two Sides of the Same Coin (Lucky Jeff Ranch, #1)
I write not only for my own pleasure, but for the pleasure of my readers. I can’t remember a time in my life when I haven’t written and told stories. When I’m not writing, I’m dreaming about writing, doing something wild and adventurous, or trying to make the world a better and more open minded place to live in. I adore beautiful men, and I know I’m not alone in this! Eroticism between consenting ...more
More about D.J. Manly...