Start by marking “Last Call” as Want to Read:
Last Call

Last Call

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Patrick’s best friend, Josh, offered to take Patrick home to spend the summer.

Patrick had been warned that there probably wouldn’t be a lot of hot young men around for the picking, but Josh never prepared him for Dakota.
Published January 2010 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Last Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Call

Serena Yates
I loved this book about a young man who falls in love with his best friend's father - who happens to be a very hot cowboy! This isn't really an easy topic, but D.J. handles it with sensitivity and makes it an even more interesting story by adding a few more obstacles for the two characters to overcome.

Patrick is a student and falls for his best friend Josh's dad almost as soon as they meet. Patrick and Josh stay at Dakota's ranch during their summer holiday while earning some money working at Da
Karen K
**4.5 upped to a 5**

First of all, I love the name Dakota and the Dakota in this book stole my heart right away. Second, I love gay cowboys. Third, I love this April-December romance, and fourth, OMG Dakota is one hot man.

This was a sweet first love story - yeah, to me it was first love at least on Patrick's part, and he fell in first love with the most wonderful man. Obviously it would have been an awkward relationship at first and I totally get how Dakota tried to avoid Patrick and his overwhel
ElaineY
A little more than 3 stars. Not one of my favorite Manlys but still readable. Very uncomplicated - 22 year old Patrick falls for his best friend's Dad when they visit during the summer vacation. Dakota is just as smitten but there are reasons holding him back. These get resolved really easily. End of story.
I really wanted to love this book. The premise was exactly what I was looking for when the sudden urge for a good May/December relationship hit. Patrick is a 21 year old gay college student who goes home to Wyoming with his straight best friend, Josh. Unfortunately his perfect summer is complicated when he starts developing feelings for Josh's hot cowboy father, Dakota. It sounds like a recipe for delicious tension and attempts at restraint and then drama when Josh finds out.

That is not what hap
Natalie
I loved the idea of this, but unfortunately the execution left a lot to be desired. Immature characters, rushed sex scenes, and very little of the meaningful conflict and tension I look for in a May-December romance.
Det
I've read from some author that if you have to give a low rating at least give the reason why so here it goes!

WATCH OUT for SPOILERS!

idk, this book hit all the wrong buttons for me while I'm reading but I I agree in one of the reviews, I also "like the idea of the story but unfortunately the execution left a lot to be desired".(nodding)
I didn't feel the love at first sight thingy or any sexual tension they might have nor the intense love Patrick have for Dak. I didn't like the way Patrick meddl
Alina
I loved everything about this book: the age difference, falling in love with your friend's father, the cowboy thing, some dark past/history and sweet HEA :) I thoroughly enjoyed the story!
Omega696
I'm not sure what to say. It was ok book, no surprises, simple story, simple language. I just didn't feel anything while reading, no conections between characters. They were separate people and not very well developed at the top of that. I couldn't care much about what was happening to them.
I kind of liked Dakota. Patrick on the other hand was uneven if I can say that about a person. He was behaving mature just to turn into a kid throwing a tantrum the next second. As for his friend... was he su
~SexyBookWorm~
I. FREAKING. LOVE. books with characters who are much older and happens to be the father of someone the other character knows...I don't think ill EVER get tired of that Plot.
This particular story was about Patrick the younger one and Dakota the Older one. Dak is a super hot and buff cowboy while Patrick is a slimmer shorter city boy...who happens to be everything Dak's lonely little sexually repressed heart wanted!
Had a fair amount of angst..it could have done with just a smidge less but reall
Leontine
Review coming up - the romance didn't work for me.
Galathea (ridiculously in need of "Captive Prince III")
2.5 stars rounded up, bc I'm a generous gal.
The blurb, and also the beginning of this story, sounded promising, but then everything happened way too fast and it didn't "feel" real - well damn, I know, it's not real, it's fiction, right? Lol. Anyway, it's never good when I start rolling my eyes...

This story was, in a way, sort of entertaining, but definitively forgettable.
Cindi
I love books that have the older man/younger man or older woman/younger man, etc. Normally. While I loved Dak, I had a hard time with Patrick. The author made him seem like such an immature child. I can't quite picture why anyone (Dak) would want to be with someone who acted so childish. If he didn't get what he wanted or the reaction that he wanted he stomped off like a pouting child or one who was about to have a tantrum.

I really like the story and I have become a big fan of the author's book
Janie
Oh I love me some sexy as sin gay cowboys! Dakota was so hot and the type of teacher I wish I'd have had. Patrick was a really great younger character who fell in love with Dakota. The sex was incredibly hot. I wish the story were longer and maybe not so rushed.
Charlie Richards
Wow - surprising premise for the 'dark past' spoken of, although resolution was a little quicker than expected for that particular issue. The tension between heroes is thick, and the love scenes hot. Very enjoyable!
Trisha Harrington
It was very funny and sweet, I loved Dak and Patrick. I am so glad Josh and Kate were supportive and that William fixed the thing he did to Dak. I love cowboy romances and this was definitely a good one :)
Pr!ya
This is the type of story that will literally make you go 'Awwwwww'. :)
There were a few errors here and there but I loved it, regardless.
Tailtiu
The cover has nothing! to do with the story
Buda
Despite some odd inconsistencies, I really, really liked this. Great story, compelling characters.
Veronica /  V
Age difference stories are one of my favorite. This was quite lovely indeed>
Cassandra
I just don't understand why the guy on the cover has a revolver in his hand.
*Nan*
I really liked this book and would give it a 3.5 if I could.
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
  • Long Tall Drink
  • Jesse
  • Duncan's World
  • Seeing You
  • Signed and Sealed
  • The Cowboy Poet
  • Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7)
  • The Law of Desire (Encounters, #1)
  • Not Available
  • Stealing West
  • A Sure-Fire Cure (A Sure-Fire Cure, #1)
  • Red Skies
  • When the Bluebird Calls (Heart of the Mountain, #1)
  • Timing (Timing, #1)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • To Love a Cowboy
I write not only for my own pleasure, but for the pleasure of my readers. I can’t remember a time in my life when I haven’t written and told stories. When I’m not writing, I’m dreaming about writing, doing something wild and adventurous, or trying to make the world a better and more open minded place to live in. I adore beautiful men, and I know I’m not alone in this! Eroticism between consenting ...more
More about D.J. Manly...
Melting Ice 1 (Melting Ice, #1) My Father's Lover Marry Me Or Die The Other Man The Pro