Byte Marks (Fangly, My Dear #1)

Byte Marks (Fangly, My Dear #1)

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  7 reviews
She's his match--but he's not in her business plan.

A Fangly, My Dear story.

Hereditary witch Dominique LaPierre has always refused to use her powers, especially when it comes to business. Until now. Her new company, a computer dating service that hooks up the San Francisco human and para communities, thrives on crossing that boundary. Business is great despite opposition fr...more
Published May 13th 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Byte Marks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Byte Marks

Stephanie Bolen
I see what it was going for, a fun sexy romp, and it didn't make it. It was more of a character sketch than actual story. She's a hereditary witch that rejected her magic. He's a vampire player club owner. The sex scenes were decent but not really all the unique. Lyndsay Sands has her vamps have dream sex in most novels. The characters weren't enough of what they were supposed to be, if she's analytical and aggressive then push it. Have her have an argument about how magic can't be quantified an...more
Ria Lize
A quick read. It was good, if a bit too short. No complex plots or anything, just straightforward and simple. The series title doesn't make sense until the end. Actually, I still didn't get it, but I'm probably just a little slow. Also the title pretty much broadcasts " vampire book".

I thought the romance would've been better if they actually spent more time getting to know each other and talk, but it was kind of fun and refreshing not having to read about jealousy, serial killers.. Or he oh-wo...more
Sandra
This is pretty much a supernatural dating service story where vampires think they are too cool to play.

It's an OK story but what it actually does is set up for the sequel What's a Ghoul to Do? which is a much better story.

In this one Dominique a non practising witch comes to LA to meet up with her friend Lilith, a demi-ghoul. She decides to set up the dating business cause Lilith can't get a date, meets & lusts for Antoine the Vamp, and eventually HEA.
Marblezzie (Blez)
The story was okay. It was a quick read though. I was just put out with the character of Antoine because though he was obviously in love with Dominique, he gave her such a hard time with her business venture. And I know it was just a story but I was really aggravated with his arrogance.

This was my first Mardi Ballou read and I enjoyed her writing style. She has a way with words and I was quite taken with her. I can't wait to read Six and Sexy.
T.
This free novella was a good read, but there was nothing outstanding about the story line or the characters. An excellent diversion for an afternoon read (especially if you get the book free), but I was somewhat disappointed in the vampire and the quick HEA ending.
Autumn (Fic Talk)
Average erotica paranormal novella that interested me enough to want to check out the second one.
Regina Hunter
Would be 3 stars if not for the stupid-*** ending.
Megan
Megan added it
Aug 03, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jun 11, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Epilogue1212
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Shannon Courtney
Shannon Courtney marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Crystal Parker
Crystal Parker marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Hannahjemimahnavarro
Hannahjemimahnavarro marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Skye Blue
Skye Blue marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Raven89
Raven89 marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Carrie Angel
Carrie Angel marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
By day she's a mild-mannered language teacher. But after hours, Mardi Ballou's wild writer persona erupts and entraps her in bondage...to her computer. Release comes only once she achieves her word count goal, at which point the maniacal chocolate monster will give her one sublime piece. And then she can spend time with her hero husband Lee, who gives great massages at strategic times.

So Mardi wr...more
More about Mardi Ballou...
Hook, Wine and Tinker (Pantasia, #1) Nibbles 'n' Bits What's a Ghoul to Do? (Fangly, My Dear #2) Young Vampires in Love (Young Vampires, #1) Playing With Matches (Fangly, My Dear #3)