Start by marking “Byte Marks (Fangly, My Dear #1)” as Want to Read:
Byte Marks (Fangly, My Dear #1)

Byte Marks (Fangly, My Dear #1)

3.19 of 5 stars 3.19  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  7 reviews
She's his match--but he's not in her business plan.

A Fangly, My Dear story.

Hereditary witch Dominique LaPierre has always refused to use her powers, especially when it comes to business. Until now. Her new company, a computer dating service that hooks up the San Francisco human and para communities, thrives on crossing that boundary. Business is great despite opposition fr
Published May 13th 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Byte Marks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Byte Marks

Stephanie Bolen
I see what it was going for, a fun sexy romp, and it didn't make it. It was more of a character sketch than actual story. She's a hereditary witch that rejected her magic. He's a vampire player club owner. The sex scenes were decent but not really all the unique. Lyndsay Sands has her vamps have dream sex in most novels. The characters weren't enough of what they were supposed to be, if she's analytical and aggressive then push it. Have her have an argument about how magic can't be quantified an ...more
Ria Lize
A quick read. It was good, if a bit too short. No complex plots or anything, just straightforward and simple. The series title doesn't make sense until the end. Actually, I still didn't get it, but I'm probably just a little slow. Also the title pretty much broadcasts " vampire book".

I thought the romance would've been better if they actually spent more time getting to know each other and talk, but it was kind of fun and refreshing not having to read about jealousy, serial killers.. Or he oh-wo
Sandra
This is pretty much a supernatural dating service story where vampires think they are too cool to play.

It's an OK story but what it actually does is set up for the sequel What's a Ghoul to Do? which is a much better story.

In this one Dominique a non practising witch comes to LA to meet up with her friend Lilith, a demi-ghoul. She decides to set up the dating business cause Lilith can't get a date, meets & lusts for Antoine the Vamp, and eventually HEA.
Marblezzie (Blez)
The story was okay. It was a quick read though. I was just put out with the character of Antoine because though he was obviously in love with Dominique, he gave her such a hard time with her business venture. And I know it was just a story but I was really aggravated with his arrogance.

This was my first Mardi Ballou read and I enjoyed her writing style. She has a way with words and I was quite taken with her. I can't wait to read Six and Sexy.
T.
This free novella was a good read, but there was nothing outstanding about the story line or the characters. An excellent diversion for an afternoon read (especially if you get the book free), but I was somewhat disappointed in the vampire and the quick HEA ending.
Autumn (Fic Talk)
Average erotica paranormal novella that interested me enough to want to check out the second one.
Regina Hunter
Would be 3 stars if not for the stupid-*** ending.
Bnga
Bnga added it
Aug 05, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Victoria Glenn
Victoria Glenn marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Lyn Mckenzie
Lyn Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Medusa Dracul
Medusa Dracul marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Sunshine
Sunshine marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Aug 03, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
By day she's a mild-mannered language teacher. But after hours, Mardi Ballou's wild writer persona erupts and entraps her in bondage...to her computer. Release comes only once she achieves her word count goal, at which point the maniacal chocolate monster will give her one sublime piece. And then she can spend time with her hero husband Lee, who gives great massages at strategic times.

So Mardi wr
More about Mardi Ballou...

Fangly, My Dear (3 books)
  • What's a Ghoul to Do? (Fangly, My Dear #2)
  • Playing With Matches (Fangly, My Dear #3)
Hook, Wine and Tinker (Pantasia, #1) Nibbles 'n' Bits What's a Ghoul to Do? (Fangly, My Dear #2) Young Vampires in Love (Young Vampires, #1) Playing With Matches (Fangly, My Dear #3)