Start by marking “Ruthless Boss, Royal Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #7)” as Want to Read:
Ruthless Boss, Royal Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #7)

Ruthless Boss, Royal Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #7)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Princess Lissa Karedes, renowned posh party girl, has been packed off to Australia to learn the meaning of hard work! But billionaire James Black, her wickedly sexy boss, has different ideas.He won't be treating her any differently just because she's royal. But he is tempted to break his golden rule and bed his assistant! Lissa is dreadful at business and when she nearly c ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published October 16th 2009)

Lisa Kay
I liked the heroine, Princess Elissa, better than the Australian billionaire, James Black. Lissa turns the meaning of “Party Girl” on its head and I was rooting for her all the way. Everyone needs to find their forté. He should have had a bit more faith in her, when push came to shove, considering he was sleeping beside her! Dweeb. ...more
Lynsey A
This read a little less like a HP book and more like a normal contemporary book. It wasn't too bad and had a nice ending. I felt some parts of the book were a bit silly and force but not a bad addition to the series.

The H and h didn't blow me away with their relationship but it was still a nice read.
October Woman
Enjoyable book that I read in one evening, while kids were both at work and a storm was brewing outside. The princess sub-genre doesn't really appeal to me as much as other heroines do in these serial romances, but the hotel boss hero was definitely right up my alley.

Apparently this is the 47th or something in a series, "The Royal House of Karedes", and normally I read series in order, except this type, where the books are written by different authors. There were a few mentions of characters wh
Rhonda
Reading the blogs I receive in my email, I noticed this book and once I read the summary I had to have it. I am so glad I did. This book was amazing. Princess Lissa was basically abandoned as a child. Everyone from her father to now her brother just keeps sending her off. She has no real friends and feels as though she has never been loved. So, love is what she longs for.

James Black was burned by a social butterfly before and promises he will never fall for that again. Once he sees the Princess
Meg Kinch
This one was just okay for me. I thought the hero was absolutely, totally crummy to the heroine. He never bothered to look deeper just read the tabloids and believed them hook, line, and sinker. Yes they made love and stuff, but I never felt a real deep connection with them or if I did, it was mostly on the heroine's side. The hero was completely implacable and I really didn't like him. To me, she deserved better than someone who was comparing her to the other women who had been in his life (his ...more
Kerry-Ann McDade
First Read- 5-6 November 2011

I LOVE this book! It's amazing :) Natalie Anderson has wrote an amazing, fun, flirty, chatting book!

I wouldn't mind working in an office if James Black was my boss . . . apart from that little detail though Natalie Anderson has wrote an amazing book. I was stunned at how much I loved it I couldn't get enough of Lissa.

It took me 5 hours to read Ruthless Boss, Royal Mistress and I read it that fast because of two reasons, 1. Natalie truly captured me the whole way th
Shxrxn
Been there, done that, learned the lesson.
- Lissa
He was the moth, she the flame.
- Lissa
Some habits are hard to break.
- James
She’d keep her distance—admire from afar.
- Lissa
Sometimes it’s nice to have someone to listen to you. To make a bit of a fuss. Make you feel special.
- Lissa
It’s not a nice feeling knowing you are not wanted.
- Lissa
My shoes are part of my self-expression.
- Lissa

What does the hero always ask of the princess?
- James
I’m not sure you could be called a hero.
A kiss. It’s a
Makii
-Admítelo, estarías mejor descalza -le dijo con gesto burlón.
-Los zapatos son parte de mi forma de expresarme.
-Hermosos, decorativos y completamente inadecuados para hacer algo práctico.
Sabía que ya estaba ruborizada y la frustración no hizo sino empeorar la situación.
-Prefiero pensar que son distintos, peligrosos y muy atractivos.

Lissa es una genia!!!
Y James...ohhhh James
Modesty_b
this was my first from this author and it was fabulous,fantastic and mind blowing :P I expected the heroine to blow the first party but didn't expect how exactly... they are almost always the finer details that we take for granted. The idea of the second party had me in giggles and I just enjoyed the party preparations.
Rachel
Good book. I enjoyed it and want to give the author a round of applause for never using the word mistress
Bungluna
Serviceable story, though why it needed to be linked to a series I don't know.
Elizabeth
I never seem to like the heroes in these books. le sigh.
Calannie
I'll admit it, I cried. lol
Pam
The hero really did nothing for me. I am not sure what was amiss but something. It was sweet at the end.
Cristina Contilli
Praticamente mi sto leggendo tutti i libri della saga dei Karedes... nel complesso sono carini, anche se alcune situazioni risultano più credibili in un romance storico che in uno contemporaneo... tra tutti questo che ha per protagonista una giovane principessa paparazzata ovunque va, anche quando non sta facendo nulla di particolare, è abbastanza realistico...

Noy Monaco
I thought that the start of the book was very good, as I read the book I can feel the awkwardness between the two main characters. Then as I read more of the book, it just lost the feeling of the book that I think it was lacking in the book. But the end was not unexpected, was expected for the two characters.
Marie
The Royal House of Karedes book - the book was interesting, but the hero's assumptions about the heroine were a little annoying. Also there is no explanation as to why the heroine was exiled from her home and why her brother cut off her money. So the situations seemed a little contrived.
Veronica
I actually really liked this one. It brought me to tears toward the end there. I loved how his realizations about her came about from himself putting it together and developing his own trust in her without her having to explain herself and provide a bunch of proof.
Ltlmer2
Almost a two, but it redeemed itself inthe last third. The h was an idiot. I don't understand the criticism of the H in other reviews. He kept giving her chances and telling her he thought there could be more to her even though all appearances belied this. Just okay.
Tanya Mayes
This was a really good read even though James was hard on Lissa. I know it was due to his pass but he needed to let go. Poor Lissa as beautiful inside and out as she was she needed confidence and love.
josie s. south
josie s. south is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2015
Arabella
Arabella marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Melody Salerno
Melody Salerno marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Jennifer Crampton
Jennifer Crampton marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Tope
Tope marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Ann Crisi
Ann Crisi marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
  • The Future King's Love-Child (The Royal House of Karedes #6)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper
  • Billionaire Prince, Pregnant Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #1)
  • Scandal: His Majesty's Love-Child (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #4)
  • The Prince's Captive Wife (The Royal House of Karedes #3)
  • The Desert King's Housekeeper Bride (The Royal House of Karedes #8)
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • One Night... Nine Month Scandal
  • Forbidden: The Sheikh's Virgin (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #3)
  • Cavelli's Lost Heir (Modern Romance)
  • Contract with Consequences
  • The Italian Billionaire's Secretary Mistress (Modern Romance)
  • Kekasih Dan Anak (His Woman, His Child) - 3 Bayi Untuk 3 Saudara Book 3
  • Contract Baby (The Husband Hunters, #3)
  • Forgotten Husband (Santanas Men, #1)

USA TODAY bestseller Natalie Anderson writes fun, frisky, feels-good contemporary romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon, Entangled Publishing and independently. With over thirty books published, she's also been a Romantic Times Award nominee & a finalist for the R*BY (
More about Natalie Anderson...

The Royal House of Karedes (8 books)
  • Billionaire Prince, Pregnant Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #1)
  • The Playboy Sheikh's Virgin Stable-Girl (The Royal House of Karedes #2)
  • The Prince's Captive Wife (The Royal House of Karedes #3)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • The Future King's Love-Child (The Royal House of Karedes #6)
  • The Desert King's Housekeeper Bride (The Royal House of Karedes #8)
Breathe for Me (Be for Me, #1) Bargain in Bronze (Flirting To Win, #1) Taming His Tutor Blame It on the Bikini Bared for Me (Be for Me, #3)

“She wanted to sit ON him, not next to him.” 0 likes