Start by marking “Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries Series #2)

Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  310 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
KC and Marshall are going to the Cherry Blossom Festival. They have an invitation from the President of the United States But while they are off getting ice cream, KC's mom and President Thornton arekidnapped-right under the bodyguards' noses. Who cares if the FBI is on the case? KC isn't giving up until she finds her mom "From the Trade Paperback edition."
Published August 16th 2009 by Random House Children's Books (first published 2002)

Amara
Fun fact: The first book establishes that the Capital Mysteries universe has the same Presidents as ours until it replaces the younger Bush with the fictional Zachary Thornton. This means that Mary Kincaid, who is introduced in the second book as a middle-aged black woman, is both the first female and the first African American to become the Vice President of the United States. So that's pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, the rest of the book isn't. It's nowhere near as outlandish as the first, but s
Marlee
Jan 31, 2015 Marlee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick, fun, easy-to-read book. I read it to my children, ages 7 and 10. They both really enjoyed it. It's a bit silly for an adult, but fun to share with children. My children aren't enjoying this series quite as much as the A-Z Mysteries. However, they are enjoying it enough to want to continue with the series. KC and Marshall are fun characters for children to read about.
Abbie
Mar 16, 2011 Abbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, children-s
In book one of the Capital Mysteries series, KC and Marshall uncovered an evil plot to replace the President with a clone and saved the President and the clone. In book two, they've been invited to meet the President at the National Mall for the Cherry Blossom Festival, but when KC and Marshall leave KC's mom and the President to buy some ice cream, the two adults are gone when they return.
KC and Marshall soon discover that things are not exactly as they appear. Despite assurances that the secr
Caleb
Feb 17, 2015 Caleb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. They hide KC's mom and the president in the space suits over the apollo moon exhibit in the air and space museum so they could keep them hidden. The only way to get them back is to give those people the international space station, but the person who is with Kc's mom is a clone of the president.
Ammon
May 22, 2014 Ammon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. Ron Roy was my favorite author when I was seven years old. But I am outgrowing his books now (I'm ten). Still, they are enjoyable to read.

I like mysteries and these are fun, interesting stories to read.
Connie
Mar 24, 2014 Connie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this as a read-aloud to my six-, seven-, and nine-year-old daughters before bed over the course of three evenings. They love Roy's Capitol Mysteries series! They get so engrossed in the mystery, the story, the characters, and the real stories and DC locations. It gets so easy to get sidetracked on fun, interesting discussions regarding DC, which surprisingly just adds to the experiences these books have to offer!
Kaytee
Jun 11, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
kc mom was kidnapped so she made a plan who could the theif be
Gina
Finished 1/28/16
Sadat Islam
Oct 13, 2014 Sadat Islam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
let me rea it
Dolly
Jan 20, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is the second book in the Capital Mysteries series by Ron Roy. We are enjoying them, although they are a bit far-fetched. I love that they talk about interesting sights in the Capital and it is a good precursor before we move to the area this summer. Although I think our girls prefer Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose from the "A to Z Mysteries" better, we are looking forward to reading all the books in this series.
Amy
Feb 22, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-sfic
#2 in the Capital Mysteries series, KC and Marshall are at the Cherry Blossom Festival with KC's mom. They have accepted an invitation from President Thronton, but while the kids are off getting ice cream, the President and KC's mom are kidnapped -- right under the noses of the Secret Service! Who cares if the FBI is on the case? KC has to find her mom!
M-girl
Sep 15, 2011 M-girl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Library.

Read during quiet time today.

(view spoiler)
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when k.c. and her mom and mitchell get invited to the cherry blossom festival from the president then the president asks president thorton to take k.c.'s mom on a tour then her mom and presdent thorton are kidnapped .and k.c. and her friend aren't going to give up until her mother is found.
Payton
Jun 14, 2013 Payton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Someone kidnapped the cloned president and KC's mom so KC and Marshall have to find them before the president gives the kidnappers the space staition.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
KC's mom is kidnapped but her kid and her kids friend saves her and the kidnapper goes to jail. L. A.
Christina
Feb 06, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun series for early elementary and great educational details about the Washington DC area is a bonus!
Flannery
Jan 26, 2009 Flannery rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-books
Thes kids are meting with the presedent.And thare about to go get some ice cream.
Morgan
Feb 25, 2013 Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is good
Sam Rayburn
Sam Rayburn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Lolster Studios
Lolster Studios marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Abigail
Abigail rated it really liked it
Benjamin Ginsberg
Benjamin Ginsberg marked it as to-read
Joel
Joel added it
Feb 06, 2016
Karen Martin-wilkins
Karen Martin-wilkins is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2016
Soha Ismail
Soha Ismail marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Heather Stadler
Heather Stadler rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2016
Luke
Luke marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Treiko
Treiko added it
Jan 25, 2016
Mateo
Mateo rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
GDOD 1 3 Jul 26, 2011 06:25AM
  • Wheel of Misfortune (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #7)
  • Chick-napped! (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #13)
  • Cam Jansen and the Secret Service Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #26)
  • Emily The Emerald Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Jewel Fairies, #3)
  • The Year of the Fortune Cookie
  • Polar Bear Patrol (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #13)
  • The Zombie Project (The Boxcar Children Mysteries #128)
  • Return to Ithaca (Tales from the Odyssey, #5)
  • Electric Storm (Magic School Bus Chapter Books, #14)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)
  • The Secret at Jefferson's Mansion (Capital Mysteries, #11)