Start by marking “Heart Journey (Celta's Heartmates, #9)” as Want to Read:
Heart Journey (Celta's Heartmates, #9)

Heart Journey (Celta's Heartmates #9)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  758 ratings  ·  50 reviews
View our feature on Robin Owens’s Heart Journey.

New in the award-winning series of futuristic romance, fantasy, and sensual adventure.

Helena, a renowned cartographer, is exploring Celta when she finds out she has a HeartMate. Yearning for a partner, she is drawn to meet him.

Actor Raz Cherry is dedicated to his career. Uninterested in long-term commitments, he ignores a
Published August 3rd 2010 by Berkley Trade (first published July 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Heart Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Journey

Missy Ann
Worst in the series.

Terrible cover art. Really horrendous. I know that's not the author's fault, so the book doesn't loose points for it - but I hope the publisher knows who to blame for decreased sales of this one (hint, look in the mirror).

I struggled to finish Heart Journey. The hero was an awful spoiled little brat, who ended the story as a spoiled brat. Really, how did his character develop? He still ended up getting everything his way, maybe not 100% like he had envisioned, just 90%.

The
Jacqueline
By far my least favorite of the series so far. The hero was pretty feminine. All my hero's don't have to be alpha male warriors but this guy was much too metrosexual for my tastes. Her character was much more interesting. I like tough women. She was a traveller and quite competent on her own and didn't really need him at all except for the heartmate thing. So he was basically a wimpy jerk and didn't redeem himself until the very end and then just barely. They should have communicated more honest ...more
Bookaholics
Heart Journey by Robin D. Owens
Paranormal Romance- Aug. 3, 2010
4 ½ stars

Fantasy and engaging romance combine in the 9th installment of the heartwarming Heart Books of Celta series. This was an engrossing read and I felt the strong heroine and the sly Fam (animal familiars that talk telepathically to them) really stole the show!

I love the world the author has created on Celta! Where the citizens have special powers according to their family. (It is a world I would love to live in!) And if they
Crystal
I spent the entirety of this book visualizing Topper Harley sitting in front of a dressing table, wearing a transparent, frilly white robe, and flipping his goldilocks (or is that Shirley Temple) curls with a silver backed hair brush. Now, the H didn't actually DO that but sheesh. My daughter, when I told her the H's name, started doing the :cough:care bears:cough: every time she saw me reading it. It makes it HARD to look past the silliness to the actual book when the author does things like th ...more
Kerry
I started it yesterday, needing a change of pace from my current “real” read, which is Valentine Pontifex by Robert Silverberg. I’m really enjoying it, but I wasn’t feeling ready to read the next bit of political shenanigans so I took a break to read something totally different.

I really enjoyed the book; I liked the hero and loved the heroine. She was strong and well-developed and totally straight-talking. So there were no big misunderstandings because she set off to have them talked through imm
twinfish2
This was an ok read. I really like the Celta series by Owen but this one was just kind of blah. Her last one was also. I like the animals in this one the fox and kitten. I just didn't like Raz Cherry the leading man in this book. He was to selfish. It was all about him. What he wanted, he didn't really care that he hurt her over and over. Even saying this I will still read the next book because I love the world she has built up for her novels. I never see editing mistakes or continuity issues w ...more
Katie
Del and Raz, as all of the main Hero and Heroine combos of the Celta books are both strong characters with their own past baggage. We get to see some of our old favorites, follow along as a mystery is set out and solved, and differences emerge and overcome in this far off love story. The Heart Mate series is truly a wonderful one, and one I relish returning to.
Linda
Another solid Celta novel. This time it's an actor, Raz Cherry, and a cartographer, Del, also known as Helena D'elecampane.

Raz is happily pursuing his dream of being an actor, far from the family business of transportation. Del has been exploring the planet as a cartographer but is suddenly called back to Druida City because she's the sole remaining adult in her Family.

Will they carve out a life together or continue to pursue the careers they love?

Great characters, solid plot, and the continuing
Melindeeloo
Heart Journey returns us to the magical world of Celta. Cartographer Del decides to take a break from her travels to search out her Heartmate. The brash practical frontier women figures that she'll find him, claim him and resume her gypsy-like lifestyle. Of course it's not going to be that easy, because her Heartmate Raz's calling is as an actor and his career is his focus, and even if Del could tolerate living in Raz's world he doesn't want a heartmate or a family.

So Del is forced to patiently
Estara
Aug 11, 2010 Estara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women who appreciate a heroine in her 30s
Recommended to Estara by: auto-buy author
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2010
First off, the cover had nothing to do with the book whatsoever ^^.

Secondly I really like that Robin Owens concentrates on two heroines in her most recent two Celta books, who are established in their life and secure in their work - if not emotionally secure as that is what the story is about.

The Celta stories always revolve around not just finding love but also making it into a partnership and a family (again the last two books emphasized family even more than the previous ones). I think this i
Martina the Book Fairy
I actually give this book more like 4.5 stars - it wasn't quite a 5 star book.

This series is one of my all-time favorites! It takes place on Celta, a world settled hundred of years ago by a generational ship from Earth. The settlers had various psychic powers that bred true and now a certain amount of psychic power (or Flair as it's called in this series) is inherent in almost the entire Celtan population. There's a rich cultural background to the series which makes these books a joy to read and
Aurian Booklover
Helena D’Elecampane is a cartographer, exploring the most remote places on Celta and making three dimensional maps of it. She feels constricted in a city, could never live there. Del likes being alone on the trail with her FamFox Shunuk. She is on her way home to Druida to claim her HeartMate when she gets the news her whole family has died in a fire, except the youngest baby. Her erstwhile lover and his wife Straif T’Blackthorn have taken her in and want to adopt her. But little Helendula is he ...more
Paraphrodite
This is the Oddest book of the series so far..

Odd Cover - I can understand if the cover had a woman - after all, the heroine is a cartographer and "frontier" type. The hero, on the other hand, is definitely not the outdoorsy type! Something with a map on the cover would make much better sense, giving the storyline.

Odd Couple - got to admit this is the oddest match so far. Not only do we have the older woman - younger man thing going on, we also have the outdoorsy-can't-cope-in-the-city heroine v
Elke
Dec 21, 2014 Elke rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance, Scyfy, Magic
Recommended to Elke by: Robyn D. Owens
Shelves: robin-d-owens
For a world that will win you over, make you want to more, make Earth seem like the slums, you MUST READ this series.
Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance, Scyfy, Magic
Gail
I pretty much like everything Robin Owens writes. This is one of her "heart" series books, set on the planet of Celta. The heroine is a mapmaker who can't stand living in cities, but she's also the last of her line. She wants to settle down, start a family, then go back on the road again. The hero is an actor dedicated to his craft, who is just getting his career untracked. He needs people who will come to his plays, but since Celta is a colony planet, without many large cities, it's not a place ...more
Jessica
Uggh I love the world Owen's has created, and the fams are so much fun, but it is not enough to keep me interested. I wouldn't have picked this one up if I wasn't waiting for another book to become available at the library, and now I remember why. There isn't much romance. They have a heartmate and they are drawn to eachother, but for whatever reason one of them resists the match. Eventually the other person comes around and the end. No strong emotions between the hero and heroine aside from sex ...more
Haley
Yeah.

My least favorite thus far.

I am still exited to read the next one ;)
Krista
Thank goodness the storyline and author was the hook for me to pick up this book. If I had never read anything by this author the atrocious cover art would have made me pass this by. Ick!!! Not the best in the Celta series by any means, but nothing that will prevent me from buying the next in the series. This one was just ok in my opinion. The hero was a bit too selfish and the relationship resolved itself in just the last few pages (along with every other obstacle). I'm ready for the next one i ...more
Darcy
I have greatly enjoyed this series, but this book fell flat for me. Part of it was the couple itself. They were such opposites of each other, that it was hard to believe they could find happiness together. It didn't help that Raz was such an ass! While he was ok with sleeping with Del, he didn't want a more complicated relationship. He was always doing things to turn Del away and was flat out rude when she tried to claim him as her heartmate and it made me hate him.
Jody
I enjoyed this book although not as much as other Celta books. Raz & Del were sort of annoying as a couple ... she was supposed to be this straight forward no holds barred woman but then she doesn't talk to her Heart Mate about big important stuff ... the woman she's supposed to be doesn't go with the decisions she makes. And Raz.... a little too prissy for my taste. Despite their issues it was an enjoyable read. I just love the Fam's!
Autumn
I love this series and this newest addition did not disappoint!!! I didn't think that I would care for this story because Raz did not seem such a likable character in previous books.

Del a traveler, finds her heartmate in Raz the actor who lives for the crowds. How can they find happiness when they live such different lives? Overlapping this story is the mystery surrounding the attacks on Raz's family and their houses.
Daffodil
Enjoyable return to the Celta series. Del's physical discomfort with city life and Raz's career in theatre creates realistic tension in their relationship. Minor cameos from past couples were a nice addition without overwhelming the storyline. Loved the additional information about the original colonists and landing day that was revealed. Can't wait to see what's next.
Raven
Heart Journey was a fine read but not as good as some of Ms. Owens other Celta books. Would I tell you to run out and spend 15-20 dollars for it... no, wait to get it in a second hand book store and save yourself some cash. Will I buy her next Celta book... yes, it will take a few more mediocre books of hers to turn me off to this series. I am waiting for Vinni DeVines book!!!
Allison
Another good story in the Celta's Heartmate series. Not the strongest story of the bunch but still good. Del is a cartographer by trade and has no desire to settle down and live in a city. Raz is an actor who enjoys his life and independence. When they meet a relationship immediately forms but neither wants to commit to each other and admit they are heartmates.
namericanwordcat
I just reread this and liked this even better the second time. Owens' lead are flawed. They are prideful and have fear. They are also special and unique and grow. The magic system and world building is great and this is a especially good older woman younger man book. The book is richer if you have read the entire series but a fine read on its own.
Cindy
Still a keeper but not my favorite of the series. The h/h were so wildly divergent in their careers - which were definitely avocations, not merely vocations, for them both. Their unique solution to their very different wants and needs from life was interesting - I wasn't sure how they were going to manage their 'happily ever after'.
Deborah Gillespie
Each book is more enjoyable than the last in the Celta series.

The characters are well written and the story draws you in from the first page, so you can't wait to get to the end.

Bringing in characters from the first 8 books makes the books even more enjoyable as you get a glimpse of what is going on in their lives.
Izy
Rating~ 3 stars.

This is different to the other books in the series, its about 'normal' people well as normal as you can be when your a famous actor and a renowned cartographer. Which was a good thing alas I prefer the older stories in the series, the hero is this annoyed me with his behavior towards the heroine.
Kandi
As popcorn reading, it was fun but not as good as others in the series. The characters were not as developed and the conflict didn't feel as real. I think the author struggled a bit with the "turn-about" of older woman/younger man, and her rather masculine personality type.
Holly
It took me a long time to get into this book. I picked it up and put it down several times before finally getting into the story. It didn't grab me like many of the others in the series. I enjoyed it, because I always enjoy this world, but it isn't a favorite.
  • Ghost Hunter (Harmony #3)
  • Shielder (Shielder, #1)
  • Close Contact (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • The Storm (Sons of Destiny, #6)
  • Hope's Folly (Dock Five Universe, #3)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • The Challenge (Rystani #1)
  • Mine to Take (Matrix of Destiny, #3)
  • Unraveled (UN-Forgettable, #2)
  • The Star King (Star, #1)
  • Beloved Enemy (Gaian Stories #2)
Heart Mate (Celta's Heartmates, #1) Heart Thief (Celta's Heartmates, #2) Guardian of Honor (The Summoning #1) Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3) Heart Quest (Celta's Heartmates, #5)