Redeemed in Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #4)

Redeemed in Darkness (Paladins of Darkness #4)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  1,646 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Alexis Morgan's sizzling paranormal Paladin series continues with a courageous female warrior who can't resist the man of her dreams -- even if he is her sworn enemy....

A fiercely beautiful female leader from the Other world, Lusahn q'Arc can't forget the Paladin warrior she met in battle -- his chiseled body and piercing, thoughtful eyes still haunt her dreams. While in...more
Published November 27th 2007 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Redeemed in Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redeemed in Darkness

valee
This book was definitely the best so far, I couldn't put it down. From now on I am definitely a fan of this series.I still don't think it's as good as series like BDB, Psy-changelling, IAD, Dark Hunter, Demonica or midnight breed, which are some of my fav paranormal romance; but it's pretty close. I may say I'm enjoying it as I did the Warriors of Poseidon series.

In this installment everything changes because we get to read a book with a hero who actually gets to cross to the other side, the wor...more
Lauren
Redeemed in Darkness
2 Stars

Expected more from this installment as it takes place in the world of the Others. Unfortunately, there is virtually no character development and no progress in the overall story arc concerning the search for a cure to the Paladin’s descent into madness or the conspiracy of the blue stones.

The romance is as bland as the Kalithia landscape. Cullen and Lusahn fall in love almost immediately and all obstacles to their romance, such as the conflict between their races and...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
4 1/2 stars! I really liked how it took place in the Others' homeworld, and I liked seeing Larem brought across at the end with Lusahn and the kids. Maybe he'll get his own story later on? So far I've really enjoyed this series and I can't wait to continue on.
JC
THE BEST !
I LOVE THE SERIES !
SheLove2Read
Tracy
Colin Finley, also known as The Professor amongst his Paladin brethren, is doing Barak q'Arc a favor. During the events of In Darkness Reborn, Barak was compelled to rush to the rescue of his beloved, leaving Colin with a letter for his sister Lusahn who he was trying to contact to ask for help with the issue of smuggled blue stones that have been pouring out of her world and into our own at the expense of many Other lives. Colin was happy to help Barak out, and not only because he's come to rea...more
Lori
This is the first book that I've read in this series and it happens to be the fourth book in the series. Although I was a bit confused at first with the premise of the story, it became clear as the story progressed.

Lusahn and Cullen are soldiers and protectors from rival worlds, but after Cullen came head to head with Lusahn in a battle a few books back, he is unable to get her out of his mind. So when an opportunity arises where he must deliver a message to Lusahn, he jumps at the chance, risk...more
Erica Smith
The Paladin Series picks up right where "In Darkness Reborn" left off. I am still in love with that one, however, "Redeemed in Darkness" is a special favorite because of the spicy romance between a Paladin and his lover- from the Other side.

Cullen Finley, a Paladin warrior must deliver a message to Barak's sister Lusahn q'Arc. She is the beautiful Other he met and fought with earlier, and ever since that deadly dance he wanted to know more about her. Lusahn, however, remembers him all the more....more
Sheryl
Another fun and exciting installment in the Paladin series. This time we get a look at the home world of the "Others" and some insight into their lifestyle and why some try to escape to the light. Cullen and Lusahn are a good couple. There is an immediate attraction, both physical and emotional, between them and they don't let the fact that their peoples are sworn enemies get in the way.

This book picks up right where book 3 left off, so I think it's important to have read at least that book befo...more
Julie
The fourth book in the Paladin series by Alexis Morgan. I liked this one better than the last. We finally get to find out what kind of world the "Others" come from & what drives them over the barrier into the light of Earth. The Paladin males are hot warriors and this time we get to see an Other female warrior with whit, strength, & intelligence to match those men. Hot chemistry between the 2 main characters Cullin & Lusahn. Only a couple of things bothered me. The quickness of the r...more
Hollie
Morgan has a formula, and it works. As a result, the stories are pretty similar in each book of the series, though I've been drawn into the overall story arc despite myself. I do appreciate that she changes up the characters personalities, way of speaking, and sexual preferences though. This book felt a little abrupt, but my feelings are pretty much whatever, it is what it is. It's also ironic that after supposedly uncounted years of history in which the Paladins never had loving monogamous rela...more
Catherine
The romance was a little lackluster since both the hero and heroine jumped into being together with barely any reservation--which was pretty odd coming from the heroine. The hero at least had exposure to her brother in the human world and had come to see that all of the Others weren't the same. I expected that the heroine would take longer to see the hero as more than just a killer of her people but she seemed to shrug it off easily. Seeing the other side of the barrier and what the world of the...more
Melinda
I really like that this novel is sorta from the perspective of a female outsider. For me that's what is truly unique about this novel out of the entire series. For the most part the series, gives both male and female perspectives on how events transpire but because the Paladins are the one's with the most self-esteem problems it is there mental process that are explained the most. But because this novel focuses on Lusahn, the perspective shifts. She is a warrior leader in her own right. She is i...more
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes

I am so sad to be at the end of this series... Hopefully more will follow.

In this book you meet Lusahn, a Female warrior, and Barak's sister. While Barak is sent to save Lacey, his true love, he is unable to cross the barrier to keep the meeting with his kin. Cullen has volunteered to send a letter across to explain, but at the last moment decides to deliver the message to Lusahn in person... At that moment the Barrier slams shut and Cullen is trapped in the world of others and in front of a fem...more
Cindy
each book is going faster than the previous. LOVE this series. Can't wait to see what's next
Jennie
I adore this series of books from Alexis Morgan. The paranormal premise is original & interesting, along with hunky warriors & the women they love. Redeemed in Darkness focuses on the "Other's" world where a paladin from the human side has fallen in love with an Other - a woman warrior. Although I love this series, I found this 4th book not quite as good as the others which was disappointing as I thought the Other's world could have been quite interesting to read about, instead it wasn't...more
Bitten_by_Books
Redeemed in Darkness is the fourth book in the Paladins of Darkness series. This is the story Cullen Finley, a Seattle Paladin, and Lusahn q’Arc, an Other. Lusahn is the sister of Barak, an Other, who now lives among the Seattle Paladins...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books, for the review of Redeemed in Darkness in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.
Jodz
I've really enjoyed the Paladins series thus far!
Its PNR with fresh concepts.

Redeemed in darkness is book #4 in the series and its the story of Cullen Finley & Lusahn q'Arc.

This has to be one of my fav's... I love when characters "cross the line" to be lovers!

Only thing was the beginning felt a little rushed....moved a tad too fast. But as always Morgan writes beautifully!

Can't wait for the next book - I'm itching to find out about these blue stones!!
Emmi
Not my favorite of the series, but still enjoyed it. The fact that there was no clear nemesis in this story threw me. There was a lot of conjecture but not much resolution about who is responsible for betraying both worlds. I loved Cullen in previous books, but him and Lushan just seemed like they were automatically going to be together. There were 40 pages of mild conflict between them, and then automatic unwavering trust.
Gizzie
I cant seem to get enough of this series. I love how Alexis interweaves the main characters from previous books into the next in the series. She does like to use cliff hangers that keep you wanting more. This book in the series is a different then the others and only adds to the mystery. You will enjoy the children that are added and the way all characters interact.
Kelly502
It's good to get more information on the Others...and the world they live in. Still wouldn't mind more information, more details...but again: if you are content to have alot of niggling questions go unanswered and just enjoy the story presented: it's a really good series!!!
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Okay, I waited eagerly for this next book. It was just okay for me. Lusahn I liked but I just couldn't connect with this story. The constant intrigue with questions I wanted answered frustrated me. I feel like I keep getting put off.
Stacie
Nov 25, 2007 Stacie added it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance
This is a series of books from this author about the Paladin warriors. This one is about Cullen who travels across the barrier that takes him to another world where the sun is dying. He mets Barek's sister and falls in love with her.
Kimchi
Yawn, that is what i thought about this book. Although there were some surprises and turns the whole book was not all that good it kept me bored and falling asleep. It took me longer to read this book than all the others.
Szinna
A világ építés kiváló, a love kicsit hirtelen. De olvastatja magát.
Tori
I thought it was pretty good. There could have been a little more action. I think that the romance came in a little too early, which made me a little peeved, but all in all it was a pretty good book.
Marie
Cullen's book. Another good book. I enjoy this author's way of telling a story, again conflict is external rather than internal, but it works. It will be interesting to see how this series plays out.
Natalie
Another great book in the Paladin series! Urban Fantasy + Paranormal Romance + good writing = a book I really liked. Just the right amount of hot sex scenes, adventure, intrigue, and paranormalcy.
Zaanodes
Learned more about the Others and their world. Now, the Paladins will be in a quandary. And who knows how the Regents are going to react. Keep reading to find out more!
Emily Muns
I am definitley a fan now! Men with swords fighting a battle to keep humankind safe is hot but a woman warrior makes things even hotter! Cant wait for more :)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Gathering (Immortals, #4)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • Pleasure (Shadowdwellers, #3)
  • Let the Night Begin (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)
  • Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire, #5)
  • Into the Flame (Darkness Chosen, #4)
  • Master of Swords (Mageverse, #4)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • Dark Rival (Masters of Time, #2)
  • The Wild Road (Dirk & Steele, #8)
Alexis Morgan grew up near St. Louis and received a B.A. in English from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She and her husband have made the Pacific Northwest their home for more than thirty years, where she launched her career as a writer. She is published in paranormal romance, fantasy romance, American West historicals, and most recently, contemporary romances with her new Snowberry Creek s...more
More about Alexis Morgan...
Dark Protector (Paladins of Darkness, #1) Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2) In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3) Darkness Unknown (Paladins of Darkness, #5) Dark Warrior Unleashed (Talions, #1)