Start by marking “On Method Acting” as Want to Read:

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Practiced by such actors of stature as Marlon Brando, Robert De Niro, Julie Harris, Dustin Hoffman, and Ellen Burstyn (not to mention the late James Dean) the Method offers a practical application of the renowned Stanislavsky technique.

On Method Acting demystifies the "mysteries" of Method acting -- breaking down the various steps into clear and simple terms, including cha
Published July 30th 1989 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about On Method Acting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Method Acting

Sourav Bangotra
More of a reference book than a simple piece of literature on acting; this book provides a practical approach to the various techniques followed in Method Acting in the Western Theater. Having read Stanislavsky before (An Actor Prepares), I could clearly see the practicality imposed by the author in this book. Edward Dwight Easty, a student of the legendary Method teacher Lee Strasberg, has written a book which introduces you to the various techniques of Method Acting that can be easily grasped ...more
Luwam
I first gave this book four stars and then I changed it to five because I realized it gave me everything I expect to get out of it and then some. It didn’t have to be entertaining, but it actually was very informative thus engrossing. Dwight was very loyal to Stanislavsky and has meticulously exercised the teachings of Stanislavsky in the book. It stresses the importance of self insight,perceptiveness, and the concern and search of truth. I think anyone can benefit from this book.
Matt
A handy handbook on the great American Method. A book that holds its charm in the fact that it gets to the point and has no qualms with being simply a go to book on the technique of acting.

Glenn Bruce
Not being a fan of Method Acting, this book did not do as much for me as it might for others. But it is well-written and certainly covers the topic well.
Thewishing
this has definitely helped a lot. Every aspiring actor should read this
Patrick
The writing gets a little silly. But the content is decent.
Sea Urchin
Great book on The Method.
Addicted to Books
Addicted to Books marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Brandon
Brandon is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2015
Wissal Walkas
Wissal Walkas marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Maya Haidar
Maya Haidar marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Jai Ed
Jai Ed is currently reading it
Feb 20, 2015
Denise Moore
Denise Moore marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Dray
Dray marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Jeff Hartley
Jeff Hartley marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Frank Juarez
Frank Juarez marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014