Start by marking “On Method Acting” as Want to Read:

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Practiced by such actors of stature as Marlon Brando, Robert De Niro, Julie Harris, Dustin Hoffman, and Ellen Burstyn (not to mention the late James Dean) the Method offers a practical application of the renowned Stanislavsky technique.

On Method Acting demystifies the "mysteries" of Method acting -- breaking down the various steps into clear and simple terms, including cha
Published July 30th 1989 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about On Method Acting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Method Acting

Sourav Bangotra
More of a reference book than a simple piece of literature on acting; this book provides a practical approach to the various techniques followed in Method Acting in the Western Theater. Having read Stanislavsky before (An Actor Prepares), I could clearly see the practicality imposed by the author in this book. Edward Dwight Easty, a student of the legendary Method teacher Lee Strasberg, has written a book which introduces you to the various techniques of Method Acting that can be easily grasped ...more
Luwam
I first gave this book four stars and then I changed it to five because I realized it gave me everything I expect to get out of it and then some. It didn’t have to be entertaining, but it actually was very informative thus engrossing. Dwight was very loyal to Stanislavsky and has meticulously exercised the teachings of Stanislavsky in the book. It stresses the importance of self insight,perceptiveness, and the concern and search of truth. I think anyone can benefit from this book.
Matt
A handy handbook on the great American Method. A book that holds its charm in the fact that it gets to the point and has no qualms with being simply a go to book on the technique of acting.

Glenn Bruce
Not being a fan of Method Acting, this book did not do as much for me as it might for others. But it is well-written and certainly covers the topic well.
Patrick
The writing gets a little silly. But the content is decent.
Sea Urchin
Great book on The Method.
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Ashutosh Gautam
Ashutosh Gautam marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sam Domino
Sam Domino marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Richie
Richie is currently reading it
Nov 13, 2014
Hana9
Hana9 marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Mike Kaplan
Mike Kaplan marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Caed Scott
Caed Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Manish
Manish marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Angela Katelieva
Angela Katelieva marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Rajat Dahiya
Rajat Dahiya marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
John Cormier-burke
John Cormier-burke marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Thewishing
Thewishing is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2014
Raja
Raja marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Cc
Cc marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Maira
Maira marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014