Start by marking “Be Mine” as Want to Read:
Be Mine

Be Mine

It's the horror novel every thriller fan will reach for this Valentine's Day--the story of an obsessive crush that gives new meaning to the words "I love you to death". Bethany is about to find out that in the game of love, you can win, lose, or die.
Published January 1st 1994 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Be Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Mine

Christie
Oct 14, 2014 Christie rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Even though it didn't have a lot of action, it did have quite a bit of mystery. Enough to keep me interested to read what was going to happen next.
Paul Kim
Jun 01, 2015 Paul Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: jane-mcfann
It seems like this book is part of series starring, Bethany and Starling, as it mentions the scene where these characters mentioned about being trapped during snowstorm with their teacher having heart attack. I never read the other books, but I still enjoyed the book.

I'm not much into romance books but this book is mostly romance with sprinkle of horror elements. In the beginning, the characters are in situations that aren't too scary, until later on.

For the romance part, I actually enjoyed a b
Thomas
Jul 11, 2014 Thomas rated it really liked it
Ah yes, nostalgia, you are probably clouding my judgement, but who gives a diggity damn?

Starling was great. A young man with an eidetic memory and glasses, who's the boyfriend of our main character. Bethany was dull in comparison, the straight man of the story. I guess the goal of teen books is to let you pretend you're the main character, but I am not sure this story could use a gay love triangle.

Well, I say love triangle, but it's more "dude is stalking me" situation. He even breaks into her h
Sarah Tilatitsky
Oct 05, 2010 Sarah Tilatitsky rated it it was amazing
This book is like a half horror, half love story. I just love to read this over and over and over again. But, sometimes, I just get the goosebumps when I read the pages before the ending. Jand McFann wrote with a good sense of balance to this book. Believe me, there are always corny scenes in a horror/romantic story. Luckily, the scene is the ending, about the last few pages. But, it's a sweet, corny ending.
Batmanfangirl
Dec 29, 2015 Batmanfangirl rated it really liked it
I read this book a long time ago but still own it. I think that it's a very mismarketed book. It's supposed to be horror, but it's really psychological suspense. It's about a stalker with psychological problems not really a slasher book. For those of you who have read it I am sure you get what I'm saying. It's definitely marketed in the wrong genre.
Diana
Feb 08, 2011 Diana rated it it was amazing
I was absolutely enthralled by this book. It keeps you on edge no matter how many times you read it. On several ocassions, I retell the story to my dear family and friends. I always love how at the end they realize just how into the story they were. Sadly none could find the book in stores and I was beyond devastated when I found out that while I was moving my copy seems to have been misplaced.
Tori
Jun 19, 2013 Tori rated it liked it
Overall good, but too much time dedicated to pointless drivel instead of building to the suspense and horror. The "villain" was a complete let down in all ways and totally seemed thrown-in. A decent read, but don't expect anything fabulous.
Britney Mcgettigan
Apr 27, 2013 Britney Mcgettigan rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! I read this book a minimum of like twenty times when I was a teenager. I was obsessed sort of like Bethany's Secret Admirer. Such a classic!
Fiji
Fiji rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2011
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2011
Ponytaorponyboy
Ponytaorponyboy rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Nimra khalid
Nimra khalid rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2011
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2013
Reader
Dec 29, 2013 Reader rated it it was amazing
My first horror book :)
Mat
Mat rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2010
B
B rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2012
Cheyenne
Cheyenne rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Elisa
Elisa rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2012
Zoe McKain
Zoe McKain rated it it was ok
May 15, 2012
Gina
Gina rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2013
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
IHeartBooks
IHeartBooks rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2012
Misty Bradley
Misty Bradley rated it liked it
May 05, 2015
Ja
Ja rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2013
Michelle Lyons
Michelle Lyons rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Steph.
Steph. rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2011