Start by marking “Can't Buy Me Love” as Want to Read:
Can't Buy Me Love

Can't Buy Me Love

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
In his bawdy and uproarious first novel, Chris Kenry takes readers on a raucous ride with an irreverent, resilient jack of all trades -- and master of the naughtiest one.Thanks to his wealthy, doting lover, Jack Erikson's biggest daily challenges are the Stairmaster "RM" and deciding whether to read this week's issue of People before or after Entertainment Weekly. That cha ...more
Published April 1st 2002 by Kensington (first published May 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Can't Buy Me Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Buy Me Love

DarienMoya
DOES BUY YOU SOMETHING THOUGH!!!

I was not very impressed when I started this book. I almost gave up on reading it entirely but I am glad that I kept reading it. The first few chapters were really annoying, it was like reading a stereotypical book about every gay taboo that existed, but it became something more. A book about a couple of gay hustlers trying to make it in the world. Then you forget the homosexual aspect of it, and it becomes your everyday struggle of people just trying to get by.

Ja
Ken Cook
Mar 15, 2015 Ken Cook rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a "travel read" for me - I'd picked up a copy and started and finished it while flying to a vacation. Not a typical gay-lit read, with little in the way of graphic sex, it was more a memoir of a brief period in a younger man's life and the crises that result from decisions made. In the end, the feeling the book left me with was that it was written only to potentially make money - not for entertainment or enrichment of the reader. I left it on the floor of the plane.
Jon O
Jan 06, 2012 Jon O rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, prostitution
I appreciate the author's effort to create a story from the mess of a young gay's life. It is not just a story about a gay going into the prostitution world, but a clever story-telling about a clever, although initially lazy, gay who plans a business venture, layer by layer, and face trouble, one after another. Somewhere there, I believe, I was supposed to laugh about the mishaps, but I was more drawn to know what would be happening next that I did not pause to laugh. It was a good book. Not gre ...more
Ronald
Jul 15, 2014 Ronald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite the goofy cover, this book was a really well-written, fun book with a good story line.
Crescentm
Nov 10, 2010 Crescentm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every once in a while I have to read a trashy romance. I'm glad that there are a lot more gay romances available.

This was a sweet, non-typical love story. I was a nice diversion from really serious stories. The main character was frustrating at times mostly because his view of life is significantly different from mine but the character worked at any rate.
Joseph
Jan 02, 2014 Joseph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wanted to like this more than I did. Chris Kenry IS a good writer but his main character was so unlikeable and didn't redeem himself until the last 10% of the book, that I was disappointed.
Ms. Nikki
Apr 23, 2010 Ms. Nikki rated it liked it
This read was on of my first forays into M/M. A light and easy read.
Mskelley
Mskelley rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Lyle
Lyle marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Zachary Diaz
Zachary Diaz is currently reading it
Dec 28, 2015
William Land
William Land rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2015
Carlos Sanchez
Carlos Sanchez rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Krystal Caring
Krystal Caring rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2015
Kashii
Kashii marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Tayo Gray
Tayo Gray rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Lindsay Lorenz
Lindsay Lorenz marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Yanie
Yanie marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Monty
Monty added it
Dec 03, 2014
Leo Delescen
Leo Delescen rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Hilary
Hilary added it
Jun 21, 2014
Dominic Sefton
Dominic Sefton rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2014
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Carlos
Carlos marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014