Start by marking “Phantastische Tierwesen und wo sie zu finden sind” as Want to Read:
Phantastische Tierwesen und wo sie zu finden sind

Phantastische Tierwesen und wo sie zu finden sind (Hogwarts Library)

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  197,300 Ratings  ·  5,576 Reviews
Eine Ausgabe der "Phantastischen Tierwesen & wo sie zu finden sind" gibt es in fast jede, Zaubererhaushalt des Landes.
Nun haben auch die Muggel die Gelegenheit herauszufinden, wo der Quintaped lebt, was der Knuddelmuff frisst und warum man dem Knarl lieber keine Milch hinstellen sollte.
Published March 17th 2010 by Carlsen (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Phantastische Tierwesen und wo sie zu finden sind, please sign up.

Hermione Granger My favorite Part was the notes my Ron and Harry, thought I think Ron was rude by writing on Harry's book. I added my personal opinion. I personally…moreMy favorite Part was the notes my Ron and Harry, thought I think Ron was rude by writing on Harry's book. I added my personal opinion. I personally think you should read it if you want to know more about the creatures in our magical communtity. (less)

Mohammed Arabey
"ملحوظة قبل البدء: هذا الريفيو قد تراه مجرد هراء..ولكنه الخيال، نعمة الهروب من ضغط الواقع ولو للحظات"
الكتاب الذي بين يديك نسخة مطبوعة من كتاب دراسي يستخدم في عالم لا نعرف عنه شئ

عالم بيننا لكن مخفي بين طيات عالمنا نظنه مجرد خيال، فانتازي
ربما قرأت عن هذا العالم في روايات تدعي انها قصه حياة الولد الذي عاش، هاري بوتر

حسنا، تلك النسخة من احد كتب مدرسته..مطبوعة من نسخته الخاصة
لذلك لا تتعجب كثيرا اذ ماوجدت "شخبطة" بالكتاب تخص هذا الـ"هاري" واصدقاءه

هذا الكتاب لا يحكي الفيلم المبني علي حكاية مؤلفه كالفيل
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Mar 02, 2016 Aj the Ravenous Reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Trixi #WATERFLAME

As a proper witch (muggle born), I was required to have a copy of this book as Professor Dumbledore declared in the foreword that “no wizarding household is complete without a copy of this book.” So I wasted no time and got myself a copy at Flourish and Botts!

My very own duplicate of Harry Potter’s copy and I enjoyed it a lot especially Professor Dumbledore’s foreword! You only have to read a part of his foreword to be convinced to read the book. But what I enjoyed even more were Ron’s, Harry’
Alejandro
Merlin's beard!!!

Important: This is the original reference book, published by JK Rowling and not the 2016's novelization of the movie with the same title.

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

This reference book about the magical beasts in the world of Harry Potter is truly fantastic!

While I have no doubt that the decision of doing movie adaptations about this reference book is basically to keep "milking" the magic cows of the Harry Potter's saga, now that I finally read the reference book, I have to admit th
Tessa
Sep 12, 2013 Tessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: werewolves, faeries, magic
“Warner Bros. announced on 12th September 2013 that J.K. Rowling would be making her screenwriting debut with ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’, the first in a new film series which is part of their expanded creative partnership with J.K. Rowling. The films will be inspired by Harry Potter’s Hogwarts textbook of the same name, and will feature the book’s fictitious author, Newt Scamander.”
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BACK TO WITCHES AND WIZARDS AND MAGICAL BEASTS
TO GOBLINS AND GHOSTS AND MAGICAL FEASTS
IT’S ALL THAT
Anne
Jan 04, 2016 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic
Did you watch the trailer of the movie adaptation of this book and think, like me, that the book is about a bunch of magical creatures escaping into the world and wreaking havoc, threatening the balance between magical and non-magical relations? Did you imagine action and chaos?

"The adventures of writer Newt Scamander in New York's secret community of witches and wizards seventy years before Harry Potter reads his book in school."

I swear, that's what I thought I was going to be reading about. I
Pooja
Mar 19, 2016 Pooja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owns-these-books
draco dormiens nunquam titillandus - Never tickle a sleeping dragon.

I had always been fond of the books I gift to Archit and I'm glad that this book falls under that "a la carte."

I'd had never got to read a physical copy of Fantastic Beasts, had it not been for him who dragged me into these kind of activities.

This book, for me, is more about the amusement my husband had when he was opening the gift wrapper and how it turned into surprised look on his face -to the state of speechlessness- to th
Mohammed Arabey
Oct 28, 2012 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can we say it is A Good Fiction?

For me one of the elements that make me fall in love easily into a fiction book is how realistic it can be.
ofcourse not the"non-fiction" realistic, but real enough that makes the world very fantasy and at the same time acceptable to imagine it easily.
description
I don't know how to explain but just look at that world J.K.Rowling "AKA:The Queen of United Magic Kingdom" creates..Wizard and Witches lives deep in London, across the UK and even all over the world.
They got th
Nayra.Hassan
Jan 24, 2017 Nayra.Hassan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All potterheads
Shelves: fantasy
ما هو كتابك المدرسي المفضل؟ لا تحاول..فلن تجد
هل تخيلت يوما ان تشتري كتاب دراسي لمزاجك الخاص؟ (فعلتها مرة واحدة "القانون الجنائي". .لأسباب واضحة طبعا )ا
و الوحوش المذهلة كان ثاني و اجمل كتاب دراسي اشتريه و اقرأه. .بكامل ارادتى الحرة

الكتاب موسوعة قصيرة ممتعة لمن وقع في غرام سلسلة هارى بوتر..فقط انا منهم بالطبع
او وقع في غرام
Hannah
Jan 19, 2009 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really wish she would publish a spell book
Liza
Apr 03, 2016 Liza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I find it amazing how J.K. Rowling came up with all of these amazing creatures, not only what they look like, but what they do, their classifications, and the amazing introduction about what classifies a beast; as well as doing research to back up her qualities of these creatures. This was phenomenal, and as I said before about Quidditch Through The Ages, this book deserves all the stars simply because of all the wondrous effort and love that was put into it. Please read these little extra Harry ...more
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
description

Well, one thing is for sure. Hogwarts is my dream school. Everything magic-related is my thing. And this book would have been a treat to study (dragons are far more fascinating than bacteria).

On the other hand, if I had to learn all this stuff, I'm sure I would have not liked it that much anymore. :D Because having to never worked for me in school. I tended to hate everything that was mandatory.

Anyway, this is a fun little read that will take you back to the wizarding world of Harry Potter.
Shruti
Nov 24, 2012 Shruti marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
GUYS IT'S TRUE THERE IS A NEW POTTERVERSE MOVIE ON FANTASTIC BEASTS AND JKR IS SCREENWRITING

OH MY ROWLING

BlueLilyxLilyBlue
Reading this is like being a Hogwarts student yourself. I know I'm too old to get a letter from an owl, but whatevs... I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts letter.
Vane J.
What happens when you see: 3 stars review + J.K. Rowling + Harry Potter world?

But see, the thing is, no matter how funny the handwritten notes in the book were, no matter how much I giggled at them and the introduction and every time they mentioned the word "Muggle", the content of the book itself was... boring.

Hey! Don't make those faces at me! I'll explain: The thing is, I'm not entertained by reading tye descriptions of the 75 so far known species of fantastic beasts. Sure, they're interestin
Liz* Fashionably Late
For just a few hours, you can pretend to be a Hogwarts student and trust me, it's the best feeling in the world!

PS: Dungbombs rule.
Angela
Nov 25, 2016 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this awhile back. No idea why I didn't mark it. Love anything jkr
(9 3/4) Gerasimos
Aug 10, 2012 (9 3/4) Gerasimos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Harry Potter changed my life. If I hadn’t read Harry Potter when I did I would not be the same person today. What I am today, in a part is due to Harry. I cannot really say enough to make you understand how much Harry Potter means to me.
Mara
Nov 24, 2016 Mara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute. Too short for a higher rating, but definitely worth a read, especially now that the amazing Newt has his own franchise.
Nina
Jun 05, 2012 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uk-and-ireland
Some people love their jobs and JKR is definitely of of them. Reading her books, you can just sense how she loves writing, creating characters, inventing names and laying out clues which fool the readers.

Well, there weren't any clues in this one, as it is not actually a story, but it is so well done, so ... what's the word for it ... so real, in a way. She had given a thought to every detail, even down to the price of the book (4,99 pounds, or 1 Galleon, 11 sickles).

Like in Tales of Beedle the
Tamara

Harry and Ron <3 <3

And loved all the Hagrid jokes!!

ROFLMFAO xD
Chelsea
★★★☆☆ • Review also posted on Wordpress! • spoiler-free review!

My main complaint with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is that the majority of the beasts are found in Europe and North America. I think we can all agree that J.K. Rowling doesn't know what diversity is (at least, I hope you do), and that also becomes noticeable while reading this. I know diversity of people is much more important than animals (obviously!), but it does prove once again how she looks at her series: it takes pl
Helen Stavraki
Mar 21, 2016 Helen Stavraki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Comicrelief.com
Liz Janet
“I would like to take this opportunity to reassure Muggle purchasers that the amusing creatures described hereafter are fictional and cannot hurt you.To wizards, I say merely: Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.”
Yes, I am reading it because the film is coming out, but I also read it a long time ago, so a reread was necessary. Plus, I love reading extra material, so not completely because of the film.
When I read it, I went in expecting this to be a textbook, I am glad it was just that, well t
Pamela
descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription
Inés Izal
Jan 10, 2016 Inés Izal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
¿Soy la única que está deseando ver la película? Tengo curiosidad por ver que guión pueden lograr sacar de una enciclopedia sobre seres fantásticos.
Laz
Jun 19, 2014 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Did I expect more than this? Hell to the no, I'm truthfully ecstatic that this turned out to be that good, it's truly a piece of the wizarding world, bringing every single part of the world to life again. Rowling's writing is what makes all this so magical, that's the conclusion I've reached to.

So, I'm pumped for the movie and thought why not pump myself a bit more? And since I had the Hogwarts Library sitting on my bookcase I thought, "let's do this" and here I am, going out of my mind with ex
Elena
Jan 11, 2015 Elena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
VERY interesting. And the side notes were hilarious!
VictoriaNickers
Feb 08, 2016 VictoriaNickers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mustread, 2016, series, magic
This is written as Harry Potter's own textbook for Hogwarts. Obviously, it's J.K. Rowling writing as a character from Harry's world. It serves more as a reference to readers of the Magical Creatures in the series.
description
The movie that is coming out by the same name in November of this year (2016) is based on some of the creatures referenced in this book. I do believe the main character in the movie is actually the "author" of this book, Newt Scamander... And, I cannot begin to describe how excited I a
Beatrice Masaluñga
Mar 23, 2016 Beatrice Masaluñga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Nostalgia.

That's how I felt when I read this. It's a short book filled with information about the magical creatures. Definitely a Potterhead's guide about these fascinating creatures. How I wish I can have a Hippogriff as a pet. That will be fun.

Gah! I miss reading Harry Potter and I can't wait for the movie ;) Newt Scamander is interesting.
Ferdy
-Kind of interesting, kind of boring too.

-There should have been way more Ron/Harry/Hermoine comments. They were the funniest parts.

-Why were most of the 'fantastic beasts' from Europe/America? In comparison there were only an odd few coming from the rest of the world. It doesn't seem likely that most magical creatures would originate in just those two continents, considering how big and diverse the rest of the world is.
  • The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts
  • Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • Conversations with J.K. Rowling
  • The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter
  • J.K. Rowling - A Biography
  • The Lexicon: An Unauthorized Guide to Harry Potter Fiction and Related Materials
  • Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter
  • An Unofficial Muggle's Guide to the Wizarding World: Exploring the Harry Potter Universe
  • Muggles and Magic: J. K. Rowling and the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter: Analysis of Books 1-4
  • Harry Potter: Film Wizardry
  • The End of Harry Potter?
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
  • The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #8)
  • Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey
  • Harry Potter's Bookshelf: The Great Books behind the Hogwarts Adventures
  • Conrad's Fate (Chrestomanci, #5)
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory--More Than 150 Magical Recipes for Muggles and Wizards
"Newt Scamander" is the fictional author given by J.K. Rowling for Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them.
More about Newt Scamander...

Hogwarts Library (3 books)
  • The Tales of Beedle the Bard
  • Quidditch Through the Ages

“Harry: This book belongs to Harry Potter.
Ron: Shared by Ron Weasley, because his fell apart.
Hermione: Why don't you buy a new one then?
Ron: Write on your own book, Hermione.
Hermione: You bought all those dungbombs on Saturday. You could have bought a new book instead.
Ron: Dungbombs rule.”