Almost Perfect

Almost Perfect

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Dianne Blacklock unravels the many layers of relationships in a novel of truth-and its consequences.

In a beautiful house in an upscale Sydney suburb, Mac sees his picture-perfect marriage cracking under the strain of infertility.

In another Sydney suburb, thirty-something Georgie, a bookstore owner, is trying to deal with a deadbeat roommate and no romantic prospects in...more
Published September 5th 2006 by Berkley Trade (first published May 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Almost Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost Perfect

Steve lovell
Don’t know about the sex! Don’t know about Anna’s rise to literary fame! Don’t know about an ending so clichéd as to be twee! What I do know is:-
For a long airport delay this was the perfect book – a book about relationships that rattles along like a high-paced thriller. It contains engaging characters coping with the machinations of falling in love with right or wrong people. Dianne Blacklock’s book I successfully bid for in an on-line auction in part organised by my author daughter in support...more
Gina
Amazing book absoulutly loved it. It really showed me a piece of life and what you will come across it.
Siggy
Patrick White's The Aunt's Story sits neglected on the bedside table while I gravitate to fluffy books. This is a very warm book. I loved the depiction of extended families. The main character Georgie has a lovely relationship with her brother Nick, her sister-in law and nieces. I think the depiction of being a thirty something singleton was spot on, complex and honest. There's an excellent aha moment in the novel (that I won't give away here of course. It's not a love story for the true romanti...more
Anna
I found this book hard to get into but once you are into the swing of things its a really good read. It really teachers you that you cant have preconcieved ideas about life and love and sometimes you have to put up with the fact that things arent always perfect. This book aslo taught me about the realities of IVF and how emotionally hard it can be.
Colleen
I read this really quickly while on holidays. A fantastic holiday read that I couldn't put down. There is a big Ah Ha moment in the middle of the book that I didn't see coming - but that may be just me. Loved the characters, loved the Sydney setting, and loved the story - even if a bit twee.
Kris
At one point I wanted to throw this book across the room. I really disliked one of the characters, or at least that character's actions, and felt that another central character was not fleshed out. It definitely got better, but not enough for me to say I enjoyed the book.
Amanda
I loved this book. I am sad that this author only has 2 other books, and that they aren't sold very many places. I found this book on the bargain shelf and thought it looked worth $2. Now I really want to read her other books. Made for a great quick, light read.
Lisa
one of my fave Australian authors, I think I like her books because the settings are familiar and the characters are easy to like, the books are also easy reads, which I a nice change sometimes. Would definitely recommend
Caroline
Absorbing. Great to have the familiar Aussie places and expressions woven in. I got a bit teary, but maybe that's just me. Will have to look for Dianne Blacklock's other books now.
Lydia
I loved this book. It was a compelling read, and I found it hard to put down when i needed to feed the bubs. But I found myself gravitating back to it whenever there was a spare minute.
Angie Swain
Intelligent chic lit, easy to read, entertaining characters. A tad too long, and the conclusion is no surprise - so if you leave the book on the beach/plane, no need to fret
Lindsay
It does have language, if that bothers people, but I liked it a lot for a book I randomly chose off the library shelf in a hurry.
Jessica
I have read a couple of her books, this one would be my favorite so far :)
Nancy
A good beach read although it was a bit drawn out.
Shelley Kowalski
My favourite Dianne Blacklock novel :)
Liz
Another good holiday read.
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Laura Landry
Laura Landry marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Raelee York
Raelee York marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Dianne Blacklock is the author of Call Waiting, Wife for Hire, Almost Perfect, False Advertising, Crossing Paths, Three’s a Crowd, The Right Time, and in November 2011, The Secret Ingredient.

When she's not writing she goes on rampages through the house, cleaning and emptying out cupboards and making everyone do extra chores. Needless to say, the family prefers it when she's writing.
More about Dianne Blacklock...
The Secret Ingredient Call Waiting Wife For Hire Crossing Paths False Advertising