Start by marking “Wow, It's A Cow!” as Want to Read:
Wow, It's A Cow!

Wow, It's A Cow!

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Find the cow in this uproarious lift-the-flap book!

How do you know it's a cow?
"If it goes, 'Neigh, neigh,'
And it's pulling a plow,
It's not a cow.
Of course,
It's a . . . horse."
Kids will love to guess the animal in this lift-the-flap book with fresh humor and udderly delightful illustrations. The grand finale leaves no doubt that kids will be asking for moo-re!
Published January 1st 2010 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Wow, It's A Cow!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wow, It's A Cow!

Robert
31 August 2011
We read this again for Fritz's bedtime story. I must be getting old as I do not recall reading this previously.

After a long day in Wildwood riding the rides and saying adios to summer, Fritz climbed into his bed. He made certain that all his stuffed animals were there with him to welcome his new friends won today on the boardwalk. He's so cute.

Fritz seemed to be able to read the text beneath the flip tabs; perhaps he merely has this memorized. I'll have to check that.

Anyhow, a fun
Ruth Ann
This book has great kid appeal . . . rhyming words, farm animals, nonsense, and flaps to lift.
It would make a great read-aloud for young children but also it would be perfect for beginning readers as the text is supportive and easy to predict.
Stephanie
This has been one of my favorite books for two years now. I read it often to my two year olds. The children love guessing what animal is next. The pictures on the outside of the flaps are hysterical. This book would also be great to use with a Kindergarten or First Grade farm or animal unit. I highly recommend this book for home and classroom libraries!
Sally
My daughter at 18 months would give this book 5 stars, but that is because of the pictures and flaps. the rhyming text is odd and I make up my own verses when I read it to her...keep it simple rather than force a rhyme. She may get the joke in year or two.
Josie B.
Rhyming games with lift the flap reveals make this a winner at nurturing print motivation, the excitement and enjoyment of reading and books. I plan to use it this summer when I have a Just 2- class, but it would also work with 3 year olds.
Rebecca
May 03, 2010 Rebecca rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: preschool
Shelves: picture-books
Can't recall why I reserved this, but it's a cute lift-the-flap, rhyming guessing game book with barnyard illustrations that will appeal to fans of Click Clack Moo. "Don't weep, it's a sheep" -- LOL!
Anne
Anne added it
Nov 11, 2014
Javier
Javier added it
Aug 01, 2013
Britney Gulbrandsen
Britney Gulbrandsen marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2012
Boni
Boni marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2009
Glimpses of Heaven: True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey More Glimpses of Heaven: Inspiring True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey The Clock Struck One: A Time-Telling Tale 20 Hungry Piggies: A Number Book Jenny Found a Penny