I So Don't Do Spooky

I So Don't Do Spooky (I So Don't Do... #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  616 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Someone’s out to get Sherry’s stepmom. . . .Can she save her before it’s too late?

Did you know that the main campus of the Academy of Spirits is at a Dairy Queen in Phoenix? Me either. Until now. Some weird stuff has been happening to my stepmother, Paula, and the Academy has asked me, Sherry Holmes Baldwin, to get to the bottom of it. They think someone’s trying to hurt h...more
Published December 8th 2009 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published November 11th 2009)

Lana
I So Don't Do Spooky is about a girl named Sherry Baldwin who can contact her dead mother. Her mother is a ghost who Sherry can hear but not see. Her mother has been admitted into the Academy of Spirits, and in order to stay there she needs to solve mysteries. Sherry and her mother now have to solve a mystery involving Sherry's new stepmother, Paula Paulson, AKA The Ruler. She's a bossy health-food nut who works at Sherry's school. Apparently, The Ruler is being stalked. Sherry and her friend, J...more
KK Helfen
Sadiya

Did you know that the main campus of the Academy of Spirits is at a Dairy Queen in Phoenix? Me either. Until now. Some weird stuff has been happening to my stepmother, Paula, and the Academy has asked me, Sherry Holmes Baldwin, to get to the bottom of it. They think someone’s trying to hurt her.

I really don’t want to get involved—my life is way too busy. Josh and I are celebrating two blissful months of togethernes...more
Cana Rensberger
Sherry’s got typical seventh grade issues. She’s not so great at school and she’s got a serious crush on Josh, an uber cute eighth grader, and makes an unforgettable impression on him by bloodying his nose. Plus, her dad’s engaged to Paula, the math teacher at school, aka The Ruler. But if you’re thinking that I SO DON’T DO MYSTERIES is just another book about an everyday teen who just wants to be loved, you’d be so wrong. There’s nothing normal about Sherry’s spring break.

You see, Sherry had bi...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Cana Rensberger for TeensReadToo.com

You know how sticky it can sometimes get when you're juggling both a mother and a stepmother? Imagine if your mother was a ghost and your stepmother was a teacher at your school!

Sherry Baldwin's mother floats in on a wave of coffee to let Sherry know that she needs to meet her at Dairy Queen, ghost headquarters. There, Sherry learns that her stepmother, aka The Ruler, has a stalker. With her dad out of town, and her mother competing in the Ghostlym...more
Emily W
Honestly, if you wanted to convince me ghosts existed, this book would totally do the trick. The main character, Sherry Holmes Baldwin, has just finished her solving her first mystery with her ghost mom, then is called for yet another case. This one involves Sherry's stepmother, "the ruler" being stalked. Plenty of suspects are thoroughly checked, including a failing student ready to TP, and a ghost of the principal that used to be her boss, but of course some random person has to come out of th...more
Barton Hills Sixth Grade
this book is one of my favorites. I read it during the summertime on a long trip and it is a very fast read.the story is very funny. It is more meant for younger kids i think.
this story is about a young 13-14 year old girl who finds out she can she ghosts. She soon meets her mother who is also a ghost and finds out she has a stalker. Her and her best friend overcome challenges to find the stalker and meet some people along the way.

-Chloe
Rebekah Mcbride
When Sherry Holmes Baldwin is asked to help her ghost mother track down a stalker, it's not all that strange, to her, anyway. Though, it's not just any stalker, it's a ghost stalker! and they're stalking Sherry's new stepmother! Sherry has to track down the stalker, not to mention make him cross over! So, with help from her best friend, Junie, Sherry heads out to track down the stalker.
This book is very fresh and original, it's an amzaingly girly version of a mystery! It's a wonderful ghost m...more
Katie
In I so don't do spooky, the second book in the I so don't mysteries, Sherry is ready to sleuth and have some fun! Sherry's stepmother has a stalker and Sherry's mom wants her to track down the stalker. Sherry isn't very positive that her step mom, Paula, has a stalker but then she sees some weird things happening. Paula's tires are slashed, she becomes disorganized, (she is a control freak) her car keys go missing for hours and someone is sabotaging Paula's robot team at school. By the time She...more
Hayley
Genre: Mystery
Pages: 276

Summary: Sherry has a lot to balance. Trying to get along with her stepmom, her best friend Junie, and her boyfriend, Josh. And on top of all of this, her real mom, who died and is now a ghost in the academy of spirits. Sherry and Junie agree to help Sherry's mom when Sherry's stepmom, Paula, gets a crazy ghost stalker. But when this mystery becomes too dangerous, Sherry and her mom are told to quit. But they really want five minutes of real time. Will they be able to c...more
Brett
This series is a fun, light read with a touch of spooky & a touch of romance, & should be right up the alley of your average tween girl. Sherry is a great character, & she's back to teaming up with her deceased mother's ghost, this time to solve a mystery that's a little close to home. The Ghost Academy has alerted Sherry, through her mother, that her new stepmother has a stalker that she doesn't know about yet. It's up to Sherry to both figure out who is threatening "the Ruler," as...more
Alyssa Dempsey
This book is soooo good but some parts are scary ! It is about a stalker but no ordinary stalker, he is a ghost. Sherry the main character of the book wants to find out more about this mysterious person. So she goes to her school's principlal's office at night. Since her school's principal had died, she thinks the stalker could be her old principal. She takes a mysterious trip with her friends to her school but no clues are there so she searches the rest of the school. When she got to the outsid...more
Brookew
These book is an amzing book fro people who like mysteries and ghost. During this book a teenage girl must help her dead mom (who is in ghost form) with an important mission over the summer. Her mom go to school at this ghost academy, the only reason she is going to the ghost academy is so she could watch over here children and be closer to them. Meanwhile the teenage girls dad is planning a vacation and a wedding over the summer!!!! He breaks the news his teenage daughter but she isnt exactly t...more
YouthServices MattesonPublicLibrary
This book is about what people think is a regular girl detective named Sherry Baldwin, but she has an unusual partner, her ghost mom. In their latest mystery, Sherry and her mom try to find out who is stalking her new stepmom. Is it a human or ghost? This book was a very good book. I love how Sherry is in a book, but it still feels like she is alive because she relates to you so much! I also love how the mystery is set into pieces so everything makes sense and you're never truly left in the dark...more
Sarai
Sherry Baldwin, with a little help from her best friend Junie, and her mother the ghost, solves mysteries. In this volume, it's up to her to find out who is stalking her step-mother and why. If she figures it out quickly enough, she will get a prize from the Academy of Spirits - 5 minutes of "real time" with her mother.

This is a quick read and I liked that the information Sherry uncovers is presented as she learns it, so you don't know what is happening or who the "bad guy" is any sooner than th...more
Laura Pauling
Sherry has another mystery to solve with the help of her mom, who is a ghost, and her grandfather, who is a bird! Keeping with the fun title, Barrie writes with a believable and humorous first person voice. Someone is stalking the Ruler (her step mother) and Sherry has to solve the mystery to gain Real Time with her mom. Barrie's word choice kept me turning the pages to an emotional ending I wasn't prepared for. A must read if you are looking for a fun read with depth!
Cathy
so cute! a great mystery/supernatural series for girls. Sherry is going through all the normal tween stuff, with the added twist of being able to sense ghosts- and her mom, who has passed, recruits her to solve mysteries as a "live" helper for the group of ghosts who protects humans and tries to get those who don't want to, to cross over. LOVE Sherry- and Summy's writing is crisp, funny, and spot on for the age group.
Emily G.
I like this book, I didn't love it or hate it. Sometimes it got a little boring and confusing, but it was worth it in the end. Some things weren't clear to me so I had to figure them out as I read the book, like how Sherry can smell, hear, and talk to ghosts. I would recommend this book to people, mostly teen girls, who like realistic fiction. This book to me was just an ordinary book, it wasn't special to me.
Aditi
This book was interesting, capturing, thrilling, sentimental, and amazing. Everything you could want a book to be. I loved this book but that's certainly expected since I love this series. But this book had a lot more to it and I felt that you could understand Sherry and Sam's relationship much better. It was definitely MORE than worth reading. Definitely read this book! I loved it!
Anne
Sherry's mom is a ghost. And so is her grandfather. And her step-mother is being stalked by yet another ghost. Together the 3 of them, plus Sherry's best friend Junie and her too-good-to-be-true boyfriend, must figure out who the ghost-stalker is so that Sherry and her mom can have 5 minutes of "real time".

A fun read, but definitely no deep philosophical content here.
Elma
This book is a good book, its about a girl named Sherry who has a step mom that is also one of her teachers. The main problem is that she has a stalker and Sherry and her real mom are on a mission to find out who. They don`t have the best relationship but they are willing to do this together and find out who the stalker is. :)
Kendall
I am not a fan of the covers of these books...or even titles, which seem silly for such a skillfully-written series. I've had more than one teacher roll eyes over the cover or the idea of a student reading it...and it's a shame. They should be taken more seriously! Summy is clever and funny...a treat.
Roxann
This is the second book in the series. The main character is Sherry, whose mother is ghost. Her best friend Junie gets involved a great deal in this book. It's a nice little mystery again with all the added things that young teen girls go through. I enjoyed this book. A good read for a young person.
Maria
this book is awesome. This is definitly on my favorite's list. Even though i didnt read the first book and i have the fourth one, it totlayy makes sense. It doesnt start off with the same thing as the first book, so if you like para normal books and mysteries. This is the book to read. Awesome book
Saoirse
I remember when I was thirteen and I got this as a Halloween gift by my best friend. I got so excited and read the whole thing for one day. Yes, it was short but I cannot deny that it kept me up. The story is just so interesting that it had me captivated at its pages. Loved it!
Susan
I must have enjoyed the first book in this series eons ago to order this one. However, I found it dull going and gave up not too far in. Could my tastes have really changed that much to not like this??

So far this is turning out to be the year of did-not-finishes :(
Chelsea
So far this book is kind of spooky it's about a girl who's mom died and whenever she smells cofee she knows her mom is there she can hear but she can't see her and she has a boyfriend named Jack and a rival who wants to steal her boyfriend but I'm not done yet.
Nicole
Aug 24, 2010 Nicole rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone in the mood for a fresh, fun take on "spooky". Ages 10 and up.
This book was just as fun and fresh as its predecessor, "I So Don't Do Mysteries". The mystery was even more interesting this time, with lots of plot twists. The ending was really touching. I got a little teary-eyed. I really enjoyed reading this book!
Julia
Very funny asnd really good. I loved this book because on one hand, it's totally normal, and on the other hand, it's absolutely awesomely supernatural in a wonderful way. Sherry makes some amazing self sacrifices and grows up a little bit.
Tweller83
Young, not scary but ok book. Not a first choice for sure.

"Some one is out to get Sherry's step-mom and the Academy of Spirits has asked her to begin an investigation. But Sherry admits she doesn't want to get involved in scary things."
reading log # 2 3 4 Mar 14, 2012 05:03PM
Reading Log # 1 2 3 Mar 04, 2012 02:55PM
2nd reading log entry 2 5 Dec 12, 2011 06:35PM
  • Change of a Dress (Cinderella Cleaners, #1)
  • Forget Me Not (Wedding Planner's Daughter, #4)
  • Miss Fortune (Poison Apple #3)
  • Ruby's Slippers
  • Sweet Treats & Secret Crushes
  • This Totally Bites! (Poison Apple #2)
  • Pies & Prejudice (The Mother-Daughter Book Club, #4)
  • The Daughters Take the Stage (The Daughters, #3)
  • The Dead End (Poison Apple #1)
  • The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney (Devon Delaney, #1)
  • Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies
  • Girl's Best Friend
  • Blizzard's Wake
  • Thirteen Plus One (The Winnie Years, #5)
  • Curiosity Killed the Cat (Poison Apple #7)
  • Dirty Laundry
  • The Cupcake Queen
Barrie Summy grew up in Canada on a steady diet of books and tobogganing. She tries to read a book a week and always breaks for tea and cookies at three oclock.

Barrie lives in California with her husband, their four children, a veiled chameleon, and Dorothy the Dog.

More about Barrie Summy...
I So Don't Do Mysteries I So Don't Do Makeup I So Don't Do Famous