Start by marking “W pogoni za rozumem (Bridget Jones, #2)” as Want to Read:
W pogoni za rozumem (Bridget Jones, #2)

W pogoni za rozumem (Bridget Jones #2)

3.52  ·  Rating Details ·  80,360 Ratings  ·  2,200 Reviews
Bohaterka bestselleru "Dziennik Bridget Jones" nadal zmaga się z problemami w życiu uczuciowym i zawodowym. Związana w końcu z Markiem Darcym, teraz odkrywa uroki wspólnego życia z mężczyzną marzeń. Bridget, niesłusznie posądzona o przemyt narkotyków,trafia do tajlandzkiego więzienia...
Published November 28th 2000 by Zysk i S-ka (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about W pogoni za rozumem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about W pogoni za rozumem

Jennie
Jan 20, 2013 Jennie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Weight: 867 lbs (due to entire Chipotle burrito bol still sitting in belly), cigarettes 0 (as don’t smoke), alcohol units 1 (responsible glass of red wine, for heart), calories 1557 (if Chipotle nutrition calculator can be trusted)

Have just finished reading Bridget Jones’s Diary: The Edge of Reason, aka BJD 2: THE DARCY STRIKES BACK. Still working out feelings re: sequel, as original was pure perfection, part of identity, Pride & Prejudice-related (so obviously superior to almost all other w
Suzanne
Nov 03, 2007 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
The Colin Firth interview is hilarious! You just want to scream at Bridget to shut up and stop putting her foot in every time she opens her mouth! Just as wonderful as the first book!
Lisa
Jun 28, 2008 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, shite, 2008
This book should be retitled as Bridget Jones: The Unnecessary Sequel. Bridget returns as the hapless and can't-get-it-together heroine with plenty of love, work and weight troubles. The first book has a happy ending and I thought that was the end of it. Since it's so successful, of course the author cannot resist conjuring contrived plot lines for Bridget's second adventure.

Bridget came across as charming and endearing in the first book but here she becomes annoying and irritating. I (or the r
Chevalier
Jan 15, 2014 Chevalier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sunday 26 January

6 pm. My Bed. Writing critic on Goodreads Hurrah! Just finished quite good book. Will call friends and discuss about it. Now everyone can see how smart I am! Will write fantastic critic, one that will make everyone follow me, adore me, etc. Will be invited to review more books and will write for famous newspaper (Guardian or Times).
Yes, will write not only funny review but insightful.
Should have a little wine for to start creativity flowing.

6.01 Will go to shop and buy Silk Cu
AMEERA
Sep 27, 2016 AMEERA rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate say this but I hate this book , can be much better if Helen fielding just wrote bridge Jones's diary and stop
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
What a fucking terrible book. My god.
Jessica
Aug 17, 2007 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: saw-the-movie
Not quite as good as the original, nonetheless, spending more time with Bridget and her friends as they count alcohol units and worry about what underpants to wear on a date is a pleasant diversion.
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
La Fielding se saca de la manga una trama liosa y con muchos altibajos, perdiendo mucha de la gracia y frescura del pirmer libro. Mark Darcy y la madre de Bridget son lo mejor (por favor, la madre es ahostiablemente graciosa). A Bridget a veces la matabas, a veces le dabas un achuchón. Al menos te entretiene y, si lo comparas con la peli, es una maravilla (la peli es es-pan-to-sa -> salvo Colin Firth #AyOmá)
Amanda NEVER MANDY
Oct 11, 2016 Amanda NEVER MANDY rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This shall be short and sweet since it just continues on from the first. One of the issues I mentioned previously (love triangle) evaporated. The other issue (far-fetched plot) is still present so I knocked a star off for it. I have the next one in the series waiting on my nightstand so I am hoping this last little issue disappears.

STILL LOVE ME SOME MARK DARCY!
Marina
Oct 31, 2015 Marina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: real-life
This story turned into love novel, but it's still great chick lit, great comedy and great story. Bridget is struggling with her relationship with Mark, had serious problems and struggling with her job. The end was satisfying and I was laughing out load during the feast.
Joy
Dec 07, 2008 Joy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This was not as good as the first one...
Stephanie
Feb 19, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After finishing Bridget Jones's Diary for the second time, I turned my attention to Bridge Jones: The Edge of Reason, by Helen Fielding, which I'd never read before. I have to say that with both books, there were definitely laugh-out-loud moments, although there were more with Edge of Reason than Diary.

I'm embarrassed to admit it took me at least to the middle of the book to realize that this book was a take-off of Persuasion. And once again, I admire Ms. Fielding's facility in translating a cla
Manybooks
Although Bridget Jones is still a fun and delightfully unpredictable character in this second instalment of Helen Fielding's series, there is simply too much exaggeration and resulting disbelief for me to be able to totally and utterly enjoy The Edge of Reason. With the first book, with Bridget Jones' Diary, although Bridget often was outrageous and even at times (perhaps even rather regularly) inappropriate, she was still and usually engaged in antics that could easily and even normally happen ...more
Devon Hernandez
Jun 19, 2010 Devon Hernandez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fits of uncontrollable laughter. That would describe me reading this book. What a great followup to the first one! For those of you who have only seen the movie and not read the book, warning: the movie script cuts quite a bit out, and changes quite a bit. For instance, the whole lesbian thing in the movie? Never happened. The "other woman" who Bridget thought was after Mark really was after Mark in the book. Daniel Cleaver barely makes an appearance, just a brief few times, literally only 3 bri ...more
Poonam
Jul 06, 2016 Poonam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, humour
Fun read.
Miglė Keliotytė
Aug 20, 2015 Miglė Keliotytė rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What a wonderful book. Found myself again laughing from Bridget so hard I couldn't breathe. This book really lightened up my days when I needed. So sad I finished it so fast.
Nov 21, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit, fun, 2002, fiction
Not as good as the first but still worthy of attention.
Evelina
Rolig och underhållande och väldigt härligt att få återse Bridget Jones! Länk till recensionen: https://ewelinasbokblogg.blogspot.se/...
PurplyCookie
Apr 12, 2009 PurplyCookie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the one rare time I'd say that a book's sequel is much better than its predecessor.

In this continuation of her diary, Bridget again recounts the ups and downs of the single life, coupled by the indifference shown to her by Mark Darcy, her now established boyfriend. "Hurrah! The wilderness years are now over. For four weeks and five days now have been in functional relationship with adult male, thereby proving am not love pariah as recently feared." Add to Darcy's indifference
Ciarán West
Aug 07, 2012 Ciarán West rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helen Fielding is basically the world's greatest feminist. In her first Bridget Jones book, she taught us that no woman is complete unless she has the love of a foppish, sub-Hugh Grant, barely heterosexual posh man to complete her. To add to the confusion, Bridget is in love with the actor Colin Firth, who they end up casting in the film as her actual love interest, Mark Darcy. If that wasn't confusing enough, they throw in Hugh actual Grant as the Bad Boy Whom All Women Are Attracted To In Spit ...more
Tanya Love
Вторая книга мне понравилась меньше первой. В целом мне понравилось, были действительно смешные, нелепые моменты.Меня совершенно не раздражали мысли о похудание, или такие та внутренние надуманные самокопания героини, это даже показалось мне забавным.Но вот я абсолютно полностью разочарована в Бриджит Джонс как личности - она глупа, эгоистична, автор очень многое удачно подстраивает под нее, что для меня не работало. Допустим момент с ее работой - на протяжение всей книги она несет бред, а в кон ...more
Kirsti (Melbourne on my mind)
6/8/2016
I have an unnatural soft spot for this book. As I said last time, the movie is a trainwreck and the two should not be compared. The similarities to Persuasion are nicely done and that spoilery moment below? Yeah, that still makes me tear up.

18/12/2011
I reread this today for the millionth time. Having finished the first one yesterday, I honestly think I prefer this. Possibly because it's loosely based on Persuasion, which is my all-time favourite Jane Austen book. I absolutely adore the p
Anne
Oct 19, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Edge of Reason a bit more than the original. I think it had a little more depth (and I use that term veeery loosely) than the first Bridget Jones book. She grows a tiny bit as a character, and finally seems to come to terms with what it means to be an adult in love. Again, she grows a tiny bit...we're not talking about any huge spiritual epiphany here. This is, after all, Bridget Jones we're talking about.
As a big fan of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, I also found myself smil
Ana Rînceanu
Disaster. This is what happens when you don't think on your own and just regurgitate a self-help book's or your biased friend's advise. Still, we've all been there in some form or other. Bridget's exploits are a frivolous, adorkable joy to read about while holding in giggles. Career wise, I can't say we see eye to eye to her, but I'd like to go out for her with a drink and discuss the Velveteen Rabbit.
Magrat Ajostiernos
Sep 20, 2015 Magrat Ajostiernos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
No recomiendo esta lectura a ninguna "Petulante Casada". Las treintañeras solteronas en cambio harán de éste su libro de cabecera.
Como yo xD
En serio, algún día dejará de hacerme gracia Bridget Jones, pero por suerte ese día lo veo todavía muy lejano... ¡Hurra!
Bárbara
2.5 stars, actually.
It didn't really work for me. It wasn't as funny as the first one, which I enjoyed quite a lot. This one didn't work the same way. Maybe it will take some time before I read the third one.
Franki White
Feb 26, 2016 Franki White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again this all seemed very abrupt and it was a case of all of a sudden everything fell into place and the book ends. despite that I did thoroughly enjoy this sequel and can't wait to read the third. would recommend to any girl, single or otherwise.
Deborah Markus
Mar 30, 2014 Deborah Markus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as fresh and quotable as the first Bridget Jones book, but still a lot of fun. More entertaining if you're familiar with Persuasion, since her references (callbacks?) to it are hilarious. Too sleepy to type more. Read this book if you like funny.
Lexi
Oct 02, 2016 Lexi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pre mňa ešte lepšie ako prvá kniha.
Lyanna Norling Åslund
4.5
Not as good as the first one but still fantastic. Just what I needed. Only problem is that I can't find the last book with the same narrator 3
Goodreads Librari...: Description 2 17 Apr 20, 2016 09:07AM
  •  Angels (Walsh Family, #3)
  • Love: A User's Guide
  • Bare Necessity
  • Behaving Like Adults
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Strapless
  • Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3)
  • Roommates Wanted
  • Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field
  • Farm Fatale: A Comedy of Country Manors
  • Girls' Night In
  • I Never Fancied Him Anyway
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
  • If Andy Warhol Had a Girlfriend
  • Mondscheintarif
  • Sammy's Hill (Samantha Joyce, #1)
  • Number 10
  • A Girl's Best Friend
Helen Fielding was born in Yorkshire. She worked for many years in London as a newspaper and TV journalist, travelling as wildly and as often as possibly to Africa, India and Central America. She is the author of four novels: Cause Celeb, Bridget Jones’ s Diary, Bridget Jones:The Edge of Reason and Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination, and co-wrote the screenplays for the movie of Bridget ...more
More about Helen Fielding...

Bridget Jones (4 books)
  • Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1)
  • Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones, #3)
  • Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries (Bridget Jones, #4)

“Keep thinking back about what Mum said about being real and the Velveteen Rabbit book (though frankly have had enough trouble with rabbits in this particular house). My favorite book, she claims of which I have no memory was about how little kids get one toy that they love more than all the others, and even when its fur has been rubbed off, and it's gone saggy with bits missing, the little child still thinks it's the most beautiful toy in the world, and can't bear to be parted from it.

That's how it works, when people really love each other, Mum whispered on the way out in the Debenhams lift, as if she was confessing some hideous and embarrassing secret. But, the thing is, darling, it doesn't happen to ones who have sharp edges, or break if they get dropped, or ones made of silly synthetic stuff that doesn't last. You have to be brave and let the other person know who you are and what you feel.”
99 likes
“9p.m. My flat. Feel very strange and empty. Is all very well thinking everything is going to be different when you come back but then it is all the same. Suppose I have to make it different. But what am I going to do with my life?
I know. Will eat some cheese.”
77 likes