Start by marking “The Power of a Praying Kid” as Want to Read:
The Power of a Praying Kid

The Power of a Praying Kid

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  48 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The Power of a Praying(R) Kid is a fun and "kid-friendly" approach to prayer for a very special audience. Written with young hearts in mind, this short, easy-to-read book for 7- to 12-year-olds will help your children learn to talk to God in a way that is meaningful and relational.

Interactive call-outs, sample prayers, and places to record their own words to God are sprink
Published July 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Power of a Praying Kid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of a Praying Kid

Nora St Laurent
Jul 13, 2015 Nora St Laurent rated it really liked it
I LOVED this book. I sat down and went through this book with my children as a devotional. We all learned so much. My kids loved the fact that she had real comments from real kids about prayer and what they prayed about. She takes prayer step by step. It was simple but powerful and my children LOVED it. She helped them to think about and start them praying with confidence.

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to wri
Sandy
Sep 19, 2013 Sandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2013
It's no secret that I love The Power of a Praying...series. I hasn't really been a goal of mine to read them all necessarily, but I can't help but grab whichever one applies to my current situation. I grabbed The Power of a Praying Kid and The Power of a Praying Teen for my kids' Bible class that I teach on Wednesday nights. So far we've only done the first two chapters but both classes went really well.

The Power of a Praying Kid is written in easy to understand words, phrases, and concepts so t
Samantha East
May 06, 2014 Samantha East rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book. My eleven year old liked it and it was easy for him to understand so many aspects of praying. She was able to use information that really related to situations he understood. This even helped me to realize some areas that I have not thought to pray specifically about.
HighFunctioningFangirl
Apr 30, 2014 HighFunctioningFangirl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
This book is great for children that are Christians. It not only talks about how are prayers are answers, but also how praying can make a difference in your life. It even relates to you personally by letting you write down your prayers and worries in the book. This book really helped me.
Catherine
Oct 14, 2014 Catherine rated it really liked it
If you have a kid (or kids) you would like to get praying - this book is really good to start discussion. I didn't totally agree with everything it said, but overall it was excellent.
Recommended. :)
Lizzy Bogo
Oct 08, 2012 Lizzy Bogo rated it it was amazing
I love the way Stormie Omartian takes principles that I'm learning as a college student and putting them on a level kids not only understand but can do, and think it's fun. I wish I had read this/had this read to me when I was a kid.
Cristen
this one I read to my children and prayed over them also.
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
CJ
CJ added it
Feb 06, 2016
Valerie Daigle
Valerie Daigle marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Sonjapeaygmail.Com
Sonjapeaygmail.Com marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Martha Allen
Martha Allen marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
susan lewis
susan lewis marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Homeschoolmami01
Homeschoolmami01 rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Angie Brandt
Angie Brandt marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Rachel Jeffery
Rachel Jeffery marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Holly
Holly added it
Dec 04, 2015
Kat Manzo
Kat Manzo rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
Stacy
Stacy added it
Dec 01, 2015
Nichola
Nichola rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
Red
Red marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Kris
Kris rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Meghann
Meghann is currently reading it
Oct 24, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Margarida
Margarida rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Lisa Green
Lisa Green rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Kh
Kh marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Stormie Omartian is an award-winning bestselling author and speaker who personally connects with readers and listeners by sharing her experiences and illustrating how God transforms lives when we learn to trust in Him.

The strength and transparency of Stormie’s message has driven her books to the top of the bestsellers list. More than 26 million copies have been sold worldwide of her "Power of Pray
More about Stormie Omartian...