Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell

Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  2,503 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Television's sauciest and sexiest program is nothing less than a national phenomenon. Now, after four wildly successful and critically acclaimed seasons, the show's winning formula of sex, glamour, humor, and candor is available in a one-of-a-kind, elegant, and uniquely entertaining hardcover book."Sex and The City: Kiss and Tell" is the ultimate fan bible, offering a comp...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 160 pages
Published October 15th 2002 by Pocket Books (first published October 11th 2002)

The Princess Diaries by Meg CabotRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareThe Luxe by Anna GodbersenPerfect by Sara ShepardThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
In the Pink
259th out of 988 books — 341 voters
Sex in the Title by Zack LoveSex and the City by Candace BushnellSex, Lies, and Online Dating by Rachel GibsonMiddlesex by Jeffrey EugenidesOn the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God by Louise Rennison
Books With The Word "Sex" In The Title
28th out of 41 books — 55 voters

More lists with this book...

PurplyCookie
"Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell" the official companion book, celebrates the show with behind-the-scenes stories on all six seasons and original interview with each of the primary actors. Packed with over 750 full-color photographs, complete with an introduction by Sarah Jessica Parker, it will excite anyone who has experienced even the slightest flirtation with the sexiest, funniest show on television.

The book contains interviews with the main characters; the four actresses, their leading men...more
Patty
Oct 12, 2007 Patty rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every girl that lived in NYC for a couple of months
Shelves: advisoryreading
My love to Sex and the City started with the TV series, but only couple of weeks ago i realized that there is actually a book that i can read.
same as the movie, the book was amazing. Carrie and the girls are new yorkers in 100%. what is funny that my mom says that I am becoming one of the.
the only thing i didn't really like about the book is that the narration is a little bit different. as everybody knows Carrie is a narrator of the TV series, while in the book she is just a friend of the narra...more
Stephanie Smith
This was an AWESSOME book for someone who loves this show. I have read it multiple times. It is so cool to look at each episode, all the boyfriends, outfits and places they filmed. I love it!!
Becky
5 stars because it's my favorite show. If you didn't watch the show, you won't "get" this book.
TheBookVixen
Inside look at the cast and crew. Profiles of the SatC men. Must have for SatC fans.
J. Pierre Gardner
It tells you alot, that you might have thought or said, and been wrong.
Danielle
The best collectors book of all 6 seasons :)
Gigill
This is a must-have book for any fan of the show. Loved the pictures, trivia and insider interviews with both cast and crew. It made me fall in love with the show all over again. The downside? Barely any mention about the end of season 6 and Carrie's move to Paris etc.! How did that get missed?
Dawn
This is a great book for anyone who really enjoyed the show. I am always curious about behind-the-scenes, what made the writers & directors pick specific lines, elements, etc, wha they were trying to convey, and this book shed some light on that.
♡ Kristina
such a cute and well laid out book! now I just need to find one of the later editions and read up on the last 2 seasons :)
Jaime
There's a section dedicated to Ron Livingston. Enough said...
Trish
If you love Sex in the City then you'll like this book.
Meghan Moloney
Great souvenir for any true fan of SATC!
Kristin
A must for any fan of the HBO series.
Kylie Martin
fab companion to the series
Brittany
Jan 05, 2009 Brittany rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sex & The City (duh)
Recommended to Brittany by: Myself
How I Came To Read This Book: I bought it for Gill as a Christmas gift awhile back and 'borrowed' it while she was living abroad tra la la.

The Plot: This isn't a plot book, it's a reference book for fans of the very popular show, Sex & The City. Essentially on the surface it's an episode guide, packed with fun facts and synopses. Secondly it gives you a chance to learn more about the actors behind the roles - with interviews and profiles. Thirdly, it profiles the key elements that really mad...more
Mariann
If you adored the show you will love this book. Beautiful pictures and beautifully written about all the characters of the show.
Matimate
Good fan source for Sex and the City TV series. It gave very nice insight in to behind scenes things.
Christina Philippi-toro
I'm in love with the tv series but not so much the book.
Katya Vinogradova
This is a wonderful, colorful, comprehensive guide to "Sex and the City". It would've been even more wonderful if it were reissued to include THE ENTIRE sixth season, not just the first half of it.
... I'm really bad at writing these descriptions. Let's just say, whenever I get into another SATC marathon this book is a perfect companion.
Mandi
If you loved the TV series, this book is awesome. It has a page in the book for each episode over the six seasons, as well as background information on all the actors in the series. Also has funny notes and trivia that you would never know otherwise. Makes you want to sit down and watch each episode all over again.
Joy
When Sex and the City first aired, I was still in middle school and my family didn't have cable, let alone HBO.The only episodes I have watched have been reruns that are out of order. Nonetheless, I enjoy every second of this series. The book gives a unique behind the scenes look at a sexy and sassy show.
Marie Elena
Jun 23, 2008 Marie Elena rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who liked the show/is excited for the movie
So much fun! My favorite part are the pictures of the girls' outfits from the show with the names of the designers for each piece. My only complaint: My favorite dress of Carrie's wasn't on there. This book gives a lot of other background information about the making of the show. I'm hooked again!
Kristina
The writing is mediocre and overall the book is disappointing. Some of the facts are inaccurate, which is kinda funny (funny in a bad way). Doesn't really supply a lot of the information that a crazy fan (like myself) would like to know. Lots of pics though.
Carly
I admit that I am a Sex and the City addict, but this book offers a lot of information about the wardrobes for the show, something I am particularly interested in. I browse through it every now and again just for fun.
Natascha
They said it contains all six seasons and all episodes, but in fact, the last episodes are missing in the book (at least in my edition) because the book came out before all episodes were aired in Germany.
Beth
This is a great book for fans, with lots of juicy behind-the-scenes tidbits. The pictures are great. The stories about the clothes are fantastic. This is good for bathtub reading.
S.
I love leafing through this. It's a great for behind the scenes info and covers everything from episode index, cast bio's, character relationships and of course, fashion.
Debbie
Photo-packed behind the scenes look which includes all six seasons. Interviews with cast and crew, episode summaries, quotes, maps, and even a glossary. For fans of the show.
  • Sex And The City: The Movie [Movie Companion]
  • Friends 'Til the End: The Official Celebration of All Ten Years
  • A Year in High Heels: The Girl's Guide to Everything from Jane Austen to the A-list
  • The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family
  • The First Assistant: A Continuing Tale from Behind the Hollywood Curtain
  • Sephora: The Ultimate Guide to Makeup, Skin, and Hair from the Beauty Authority
  • The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics
  • Bridget Jones's Guide to Life
  • Behind the Candelabra
  • The Audrey Hepburn Treasures
  • Wolves in Chic Clothing
Amy Sohn is the author of the upcoming novel The Actress, which will be published by Simon & Schuster in July 2014. Her other novels are Motherland, Prospect Park West, My Old Man, and Run Catch Kiss. She has been a columnist at New York magazine, New York Press, the New York Post and Grazia (UK). She has also written for The New York Times, The Nation, and Harper's Bazaar. She has written pil...more
More about Amy Sohn...