Start by marking “Het Ei van Salaì ( Salaì, #2)” as Want to Read:
Het Ei van Salaì ( Salaì, #2)

Het Ei van Salaì ( Salaì, #2)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  4 reviews
De zoektocht naar het geheim achter de ontdekking van Amerika Florence 1508. De knappe rokkenjager Salaì, pleegzoon en assistent van meesterschilder Leonardo da Vinci, is in Florence gearresteerd wegens oplichterij, diefstal en samenzwering. In zijn verweer vertelt Salaì over de reis die hij voor Leonardo naar Rome heeft moeten maken, op zoek naar een zeldzame atlas waarin ...more
Published November 11th 2009 by Cargo (first published November 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Het Ei van Salaì, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Het Ei van Salaì

Arafel
As I read Imprimatur, Secretum and Veritas, I grew fond of those authors. So I was, normally, anxious to start reading the two books about Salai.
Those books are real disappointment. They are lacking style, intrigue, humor. Note on that last thing- humor, maybe it is as funny as others saw it, but as I was so deeply disappointed, I couldn't find it funny.
It seems to me, that they were written in a haste. Pitty, because it had some good potential.
The second book is a bit better than the first beca
Ard
This was the first I read from Monaldi & Sorti and expected a historical thriller. This was nothing like a thriller, no matter what the jacket said, but boy did I amuse myself with this book. I could really appreciate the writing style, as the book is narrated by Da Vincis adopted son and assistant, not exactly a person of higher learning. All his schemes of finding a certain book for his master in Rome read like a wellwritten comedy and made me laugh out loud a number of times. Excellent!
Bart Van Loon
The better one of the first two books in the Leonardo da Vinci series of Monaldi & Sorti. I liked the writing style much more than the first one, even though it was in first-person letter style again. The idea of telling the same story four times, each time in greater detail, is very original.

Overall, an entertaining read about the reality and truth behind the discovery of America.
Cornelia
Less revealing than the first novel with Salai, but not less interesting to read about the myths revolving around the discovery of America.
David Van acker
David Van acker marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Louca Verbeeck
Louca Verbeeck marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Nathalie Bakelandt
Nathalie Bakelandt marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Ivana Jurković
Ivana Jurković marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Práger Nándor
Práger Nándor is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2014
905_schrama
905_schrama marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Poppea
Poppea marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Rita
Rita added it
May 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rita Monaldi majored in classical philology and specialized in the history of religions. She is an Italian journalist who, in collaboration with her husband, Francesco Sorti, wrote a series of literary-historical books called Imprimatur, Secretum and Veritas. They both live with their two young children in Vienna.

All the book titles of the series will create the sentence Imprimatur secretum, verit
More about Rita Monaldi...
Imprimatur (Atto Melani, #1) Secretum (Atto Melani, #2) Veritas (Atto Melani, #3) De twijfel van Salaì (Salaì, #1) Versluiering