Start by marking “Nothing Personal” as Want to Read:
Nothing Personal

Nothing Personal

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  2,789 ratings  ·  164 reviews
It was nothing personal, just a business arrangement.

Ryan McKay is a multi-millionaire with a problem. He needs a bride to fulfill the terms of his grandfather's will. Unfortunately, the one he chose just bailed on him and he's hours away from losing his company. Enter Faith Lewis --his demure, devoted assistant. Ryan convinces Faith to step in and marry him, assuring her
Published March 13th 2007 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Personal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Personal

If Ms. Burton ever decides to switch genres, moving from writing her current erotica/romantica books to writing Harlequin Presents books, Nothing Personal is testament to her ability to do it.

This book really reads like a HP novel: (1) hero (coldhearted, multimillionaire boss) marries heroine (his shy, virgin assistant) to fulfill the terms of his grandfather's crazy will and save his business; (2) heroine gets a makeover and "blossoms" under hero's influence; (3) hero's iciness thaws under hero
Julie (jjmachshev)
Really more like 3.25 stars. I'm guessing "Nothing Personal" is one of Jaci Burton's earlier novels. The story is one I would have expected to read in a series romance like Harlequin or Silhouette instead of one published by Samhain. If you're looking for erotica, don't go here. The sex is hot, but the only thing erotic about it is the language used to describe it. Not that I didn't enjoy this book, it was just not at all what I was expecting.

Ryan needs to marry and procreate to keep the company
I think the cover was wrong on this one because it reads just like a Harlequin Presents.

We have:

- Marriage of convenience based on a will to keep an inheritance

- Hero who doesn't know what love is because his grandfather taught him not to value emotions

- Virginal heroine who has no self-esteem due to a mom who put her down so she hides behind lose fitting clothes, big glasses and ties her hair into a bun. She has secretly been in love with the hero so she agrees to the marriage.

- Of course, fee
Sep 29, 2008 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance fans
Recommended to Auntee by: I like the author's books
Nothing Personal is a standalone, contemporary romance novel written by author Jaci Burton. It features a simple, short story that has been told before. A wealthy career-focused man needs a fertile bride in order to fulfill contingencies in his grandfather's will related to the family business. His assistant who has always worshiped him from afar (and will do anything for him) is spontaneously propositioned to marry him, in name only of course. She gets a makeover for "public eye" purposes. Groo ...more
Timid Faith Lewis has spent the last few years harboring a crush for her boss Ryan McKay. Now Ryan must marry in order to maintain control over the company and his bride has just walked out on him.

Ryan had no intention of marrying now he has to come up with a bride and baby within a year. Now that his latest attempt has fled as if the hounds of hell was chasing her down, he is desperate to find a new bride before midnight. Looking at his secretary Faith, he begins to form a new idea, although s
Nothing Personal was a short, quick to read book. I really enjoyed this book, which has the theme of many of the older Harlequin Romance and Harlequin Presents books that I read when I was in high school. In this book, the plot of the inexperienced employee entering into a marriage of convenience with her boss was updated and given a little more heat, although I thought it was exceptionally tame to be a book by Samhain Publishing. The hero and heroine were both very likeable characters, and I en ...more
Nice enough story. Narrater quite good but i had to laugh at her terrible English accent!
Alright, I've read this before, and I really liked it. Or more like, I liked the premise. Ryan, the attractive boss forced to marry his assistant, Faith on short notice to keep his company. He is also supposed to have a child with her to fulfill the agreement. Did I mention that Ryan doesn't believe in love and marriage? Or that Faith is a 26-year-old virgin? I know, its sappy and the ending is easy to figure out even before reading the book. Still it was nice. Faith is kinda infuriating since s ...more
2.5 'Just Okay' Stars

Audiobook Version
Elizabeth Hart, Narrator: E. Hart does a pretty good job, I detected a slight lisp at times, though, and that combined with the babyish voice she used to portray mousy heroine Faith Lewis and several times I was pulled out of the story. She did a much better job with mega rich, bad boy Ryan McKay.

In truth, I put off writing this review and needed to reread the book description and critiques in order to write this. The book was short and sweet, if pretty pred
I’ve had my eye out for this author for quite some time, and I was looking forward to trying out one of her novels. So, when Nothing Personal landed on my Overdrive app, I quickly downloaded the audiobook and dived into this story.

In Nothing Personal, we meet the CEO of a hotel franchise who is about to lose his position if he doesn’t comply with the terms of his grandfather’s will. Ryan McKay is being forced to marry and have a child within one year, in order to maintain power of his business.
Eternal-Love78 Michelle Rossi's Reviews
OOOH, La-La, I Absolutely LOVED IT!!

Two lonely people, who noticed each other, and never acted upon it, until fate steps in.

Ryan needed a wife, on the quick of a dime, and he knew "old reliable," (Faith) would bail his behind out. However, he never knew his "plain Jane," assistant would strike up the match to kindle his desire for her.

Faith is unlike any woman Ryan has ever laid in bed with. She's never been with a man before, and is willing to give Ryan one of the most precious and special gift
Workaholic CEO must marry as will stipulates or loose company. Dutiful virgin PA steps up at last minute.

Sweet story but fairly predictable right down to coveting devious cousin.

Light read.
The perfect romance about a man who was raised where love and emotions were not allowed to be shown or felt and a woman who was raised never believing she worth being love.

Faith Lewis has been Ryan McKay's executive assistant for five years. Recently she's been working with him about ways to get out of his grandfathers will that states he must marry and produce a pregnancy within one year of marriage to remain CEO of his company.

Not finding a loophole, his plans to marry Erica and fulfill the
Ania Leth
More reviews here!

Ryan McKay needs a wife to fulfill the terms of his grandfather's will and remain CEO of his multimillion dollar business. When his fiance slams the door a few hours short of the deadline, Faith, his trusted assistant, steps in. Faith has been in love with Ryan from afar since the day she came to work for him. She think she is plain and doesn't think she could ever be more. Family members stand to gain from the inability of the pair to remain t
 photo 688830.gif
Faith was a bit dramatic, but I still really enjoyed this one.
I loved Ryan and Faith! It was so easy to fall for them and want them to get their happy ending! I had a bad feeling about James from the first time we met him. I personally thought he deserved a worse punishment than he got!

My only complaint about the book is that its not longer! I would have loved to have had an epilogue or a sequel. Faith and Ryan were such lovable characters I'd love to read more about them in the future. A girl can dream, right?

I love that Faith and Ryan both did a complete
Short book, with around 180 pages.
The premises are not very original: a marriage of convenience between a workaholic and his secretary to fulfill the will of an irate grandfather. Add up the fact the secretary is dowdy, still a virgin at 26 and you get an almost sure recipe for disaster and sighing / puffing from my part. Except that it worked quite nicely: the characters were slightly schematic, though not totally without substance; their feelings are rather well described, the storyline, quite
Caroline Yamashita
Livro curtinho e super gostosinho de ler!
Uma leitura de pausa! Sem drama, sem nada a causar!
E sem contar que adoro essa história de casamento de conveniência!
Ryan McKay's grandfather dies and stipulates in his will that Ryan has to marry and produce an heir in order to inherit the family company. After his original bride calls the wedding off he proposes to his personal assistant Faith Lewis.
Faith has been in love with Ryan since she started working for him. She agrees to the marriage of convenience. Faith sees herself as a plain Jane and figures Ryan would never be interested in her, so she deceides to grab a little happiness.
This type of story line
Totally Harlequin-ish! All the time I had the feeling I read it before.
Maria Ines Alvarez
cute little story. sometimes the heroine got on my nerves but i am a sucker for transformations so...
This was a really good read. I wanted to see a little more play out with Ryan working out what was wrong with Faith, as far as her self image. While we don't really get any closer in that aspect, I thought it was a wonderful romance with a really good story.

I've read a few of the paper marriage storylines and most I didn't really care for. This was almost the same, but I really found myself drawn to Faith and eventually to Ryan. There wasn't much conflict in this, but plenty of tension. It made
I'm sorry but this book is terrible. i couldn't even feel the characters' emotion. i only got how he was amazed at how different she was compared to other women and how she is sexy underneath all that ugly clothes she previously wore. he hated the time he had to spend with her in hawaii and used it up to keep drinking. everything was an attempt to bed her. how is this love?
then i can feel a bit of his joy after they started having sex. even though the author worded it as making love, i couldn't
I got lost in the story, which means it was a great catch of a book. I listened to it as an audio book during my daunting tasks at work and caught myself pausing because I was into parts that I wanted to listen to more closely. It had some clever lines that I wanted to rewind and hear again like:

"Reverend, there's been a slight change in brides"
"The last thing he needed was to fall in love with his wife."

This is the first I've read out of my last dozen or so books that is a third person POV, whi
A thought-provoking love story--a marriage of convenience to save a man's corporation and controlling interest. A faithful executive assistant who will do whatever she can to make her boss happy, especially since she is in love with him anyway. Interesting to watch the relationship between these two develop and mature. As always, Burton has the Midas touch of storytelling and crafts a tale that is engaging, entertaining, and full of caring and authenticity.
OMG! THIS BOOK! I loved it. It was amazing. It was romantic and sexy and my God WAYYY TOOO SHORT! Read this book in less than 3 hours & loved every minute.

There was so much more that could have gone into this book. 200 pages was not enough for me. I need more. It was so great, I just need more.

This book was a form of beautiful way too short torture that I will most definitely read again.
Asma Mighri
I freaking loved this book!!!! it was short and it didn't take me long but I was so caught up in it I devoured it completely!!!! It was light and it had the most beautiful love story ever!!!! I love stories that starts with impersonal marriages and ends with love and family so this book was right on target!!!

I loved Faith, she was sweet and kind and so damn adorable, I loved her from the first page!!!! She grew up believing no one can love her and that she was plain (courtesy of her mother) so w
I couldn't put this book down. This is the kind of book that you want to give 5 stars to because you're so involved in the story, but then you end up giving 4.

The book gives a very Mills & Boon kinda feeling with the entire plot of contract marriages and eventually falling in love.

The character development of Faith from the scared virgin assistant to a ferocious kitten is admirable. Also, the progression from a will-enforced marriage to love and passion on Ryan's part is heartwarming too. T
  • Her Best Friend's Lover
  • Naughty Little Secret
  • Forever Again
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #1)
  • Hollywood Husband, Contract Wife
  • The University of Edward Masen
  • Sneak Peek
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • Mistaken Identity
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • Falling In Love With Her Husband
  • Lean on Me
  • The Billionaire's Runaway Bride
  • The Kanellis Scandal
  • Seducing Simon
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 50 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...