Start by marking “What Dreams May Come” as Want to Read:
What Dreams May Come

What Dreams May Come

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  2,061 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
n this exquisite trio of stories, three beloved authors of fantastic romance make the most impossible of dreams come true... Knightly Dreams by New York Times bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon Betrayed by love, Taryn doesn[ t believe in heroes[ until a bare-chested hero literally steps out of her paperback romance and into her heart. Is her mind playing beautiful tricks? ...more
Published July 5th 2006 by Berkley Books (first published July 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about What Dreams May Come, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Dreams May Come

Shana
Feb 03, 2010 Shana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will never get enough of Sherrilyn Kenyon she will always be at the top of the list where authors are concerned for me. In this short I like how she incorporates writing as an author. I thought the story was going to be predictable but it wasn't.

She is the only one to make me believe that a gorgeous handsome man with the most perfect esthetic's be interested in the regular girl next door type or even the plump girl type. I love the tormented hero that is every bit vulnerable to the outcome of
Karina
Jun 04, 2017 Karina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the second story the best.
Melinda Weprin
Quick read

Decent stories although nothing that I would say is unforgettable. Just plain solid happily ever afters. Great for a quick evening read
Maura
Kristin L.
Nov 13, 2013 Kristin L. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I came across this book at a library book sale, and picked it up specifically for the short story by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I really enjoyed this set of three short stories! I love SK's story, Knightly Dreams, and thought it was a different take on a time traveling story. I love the idea of heroes and heroines come to life from the pages of a book! And that we can indeed write our own life stories. I was not overly impressed with the second story, Shattered Dreams by Rebecca York. I like the idea of ...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
ANH!

Not so hot.

Sherrilyn Kenyon~ This was the same story I've reasd in other anthologies where the knight travels through time to awaken in bed with a woman in presen time after she had gone to a book store, met an old woman & read a romance book. He has 7 days to get her to love him.

Rebecca York~ Psychic man has vision of an old flame getting int a wreck. She ends up in a coma & he connects with her in her coma world to save her from someone trying to kill her.

Robin D. Owen~ A new aut
Netanella
"Knightly Dreams" by Sherrilyn Kenyon
This was my second favorite of the three, chosen for the laugh-out-loud factor, plus extra bonus points for the writer's fantasy of allowing the character to write her own ending.

"Shattered Dreams" by Rebecca York
The dreamscapes in this novella, about the son of a Gypsy fortuneteller who enters the dreams of his comatose love, were beautiful and surreal and everything you want to remember when you wake up from your own dreams. A true gem of a story.

"Road of
Linda C
Three magical romances. First, a depressed modern woman finds a fictional white knight in her bed after a strange encounter with an elderly bookstore owner. Can she rewrite his story to give them a happy ending? Second, Caleb gets a vision of Miranda being forced off the road and near death. His gypsy psychic ability is needed to enter her coma state and bring her back, while trying to find out who is out to kill her. Third, Jake, a shallow cop, Shauna, a risk phobic florist, and Boris, a feral ...more
Izzy
Oct 18, 2012 Izzy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm really surprised, and not in a good way.

Of course, I bought this book because of Sherrilyn Kenyon and it being an anthology of magical romances.
Kenyon's story is, unfortunately, not her best. It's not bad but there's something missing. Normally, that wouldn't bother me because with this being an anthology, there are other stories for me to read. But it turned out that I couldn't stand them.

Mary
Dec 03, 2011 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 short stories in 1 book. 1st story was good and would have liked seen the story develop much more. 2nd story was just ok and the 3rd didn't really do much for me. The draw was the 1st story the others were not very well developed and felt somewhat teenish in the way the love interest developed vs. more adult. It was a struggle for me to get through the last story. I do like Kenyon's books so that was the draw.
Tash
Apr 20, 2016 Tash rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was very disappointed! I hadn't realized that this was a compilation of three short stories but I quickly found that out after the first story. It wouldn't have been so bad if at least one of the stories was a little good but they were all cheesy and I feel like I wasted my time. I'm so ready to find a book that'll get my reading-mojo going again!
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Apr 29, 2008 Unapologetic_Bookaholic rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of PNR
Knightly Dreams S.Kenyon 3of 5
Shattered Dreams R. York 5 of 5
Road of Adventure 1 of 5

I got this book based on the fact I like S. Kenyon and R. York. I had already read Shattered Dreams (it is a 43 Light St story) and I liked S. Kenyon's story. I could not get into Owens story. I will however consider her in another anthology. I won't, just yet, look for her titles single.
Martha
I liked the first story in the book more so than the next two. In the middle story, I had a hard time caring about either of the main characters. The final story had too pat a resolution. The hero was a jerk, and I didn't see why the heroine would stay with him.
Deborah Gillespie
Oct 23, 2011 Deborah Gillespie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: catalogued
These are three of my favorite authors. I enjoyed all three stories. If you haven't read all three of these authors other books you are missing out. Just finished rereading Robin Owens HeartMate series as well as her newest HeartMate book.
Daelith
May 02, 2008 Daelith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
Did care for this much at all. Would give it 1.5 stars if could give half stars. For me the best story was the last one, Road of Adventure by Robin D.Owens. Least favorite - Nightly Dreams by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
Marina
Liked all the short stories. I gave them all 4 stars. This was my 1st work by Robin D. Owens.Very promising stuff.

If you like to buy this book you can swap it from me cheap on booksfreeswap.com.Check it out!
Sandy
Feb 04, 2012 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I read the first story - Knightly Dreams by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I really liked it. It was funny and sweet and you really wanted the characters to be together. I don't have anything negative to say about any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's books. I loved each one I have read so far.
Anne
Oct 27, 2011 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This is actually a book of 3 short stories. The first is Knightly Dreams by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I would swear I have read it before so I am putting it in here so I won't "forget" that I read it. It is a good story, a quick read, kind of a fun concept mixing current and historical.
Kim
Nov 06, 2015 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
3 short stories. I liked the first story and wished it was a full length book, second was ok, 3rd I really did not like at all. The only thing i could think of with these stories were cheese. Lots of cheese!
Srisurang
Mar 19, 2011 Srisurang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
เรืองแรกกับเรืองทีสอง ของ Sherrilyn Kenyon และ Rebecca York โอเคคะ อานเพลินๆ ดี แตเรืองทีสามอานไปนิดนึงแลวไมคอยดึงดูดใจเลยขีเกียจอานจนจบละ
Rita Boyle
Oct 05, 2007 Rita Boyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: searchers
Loved this book. This is how I believe Heaven is.
Melissa Boyer
I really enjoyed the first story as it was written by one of my favorite authors. I also liked the second story. The third one, however, I did not like the way it ended so abruptly.
Sherily
Jul 07, 2014 Sherily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 short stories. Quick reads. The 3rd story was funny.
Hello
Aug 11, 2011 Hello rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tolietpaper
This book sucks!! I love Sherrilyn Kenyon but this book was just bad and boring. I would only get this book if you needed liner for a bird cage.
Kerry
Oct 08, 2013 Kerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A real good read.
Roxanne Kazda
Nov 17, 2009 Roxanne Kazda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this, and the film with Robbin Williams is a visual wonder!
Molly Smith
I was disappointed in this collection. Although the first story by Kenyon was intriguing, they were contrite and bland. The characters lacked the depth and the plots too simplistic.
Beth
May 30, 2008 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun-fiction
I LOVED Kenyon's story about the writer who meets a knight. As a writer myself, the story was very appealing and fun.
Victoria Newman
Jan 18, 2013 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Amber
Apr 27, 2009 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed these stories. They were nice little quick reads with a paranormal spin.
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • A Dark Champion (Brotherhood of the Sword #5)
  • The Shadows of Christmas Past (Christmas Series, #3; Primes, #2.5)
  • This Year's Christmas Present
Official Deadman's Cross site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Silent Swans site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and who travel from all over the world to attend her ap
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...