Start by marking “The Panda Book of Horror (Iris Wildthyme #2)” as Want to Read:
The Panda Book of Horror (Iris Wildthyme #2)

The Panda Book of Horror (Iris Wildthyme (Obverse Books) #2)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Witness a slender neck being circled by rough hands... sharp metal violently stabbing and twisting... the emerging viscous dark red liquid being guzzled greedily, lingering on lips and teeth, followed by the laughter of madness. And that's just Iris and Panda at a wine tasting! "Pass me the bottle, woman! We might as well KILL it..."

THE PANDA BOOK OF HORROR will make your
Published December 12th 2009 by Obverse Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Panda Book of Horror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Panda Book of Horror

Mel
I really love Iris and Panda. I think this was their best collection I've read so far. The short stories were all mocking the horror genre but some managed to be both creepy and very funny at the same time. Overall nearly all the stories were very good. My favourite was the Lovecraft parody which was flawless. Easily on par with What ho gods of the Abyss.
Richard Wright
As with the previous story collection about Iris Wildthyme, transtemporal adventuress and frequent companion to an eloquent stuffed panda called Panda, this book walks a thin line between strangeness and silliness. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it fails. It will tickle some readers enormously, and annoy others just as much. For me, Iris and Panda are mostly too off the wall to hold my interest when having strange adventures of their own - while the narrative tricks and humour can be entertai ...more
Vivienne
Very enjoyable selection of short stories, though slightly too hit-and-miss to merit a top score, despite the ever enjoyable interaction of the lead characters. My favourite stories in the collection were Framed by Mark Michalowski, Apocalypse Slough by Mark Morris, The Delightful Bag by Paul Magrs, and The Shadow of the Times Before by Matt Kimpton, all of which were top notch.
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Sam Shipp
Sam Shipp marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Chris Wing
Chris Wing marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Janina
Janina marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Ian Potter
Sep 05, 2013 Ian Potter added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: short-stories, sf, me
Dale Watts
Dale Watts marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Philip Craggs
Jan 26, 2013 Philip Craggs added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jarrod Miller
Jarrod Miller marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2012
Gayle
Gayle marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2012
Angie
Angie added it
Jun 17, 2012
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2012
J.E. Remy
J.E. Remy marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2010
Jack Harrison
Jack Harrison marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2010
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2010

Iris Wildthyme (Obverse Books) (8 books)
  • Iris Wildthyme and the Celestial Omnibus (Iris Wildthyme, #1)
  • Miss Wildthyme and Friends Investigate (Iris Wildthyme, #3)
  • Iris: Abroad (Iris Wildthyme, #4)
  • Wildthyme in Purple
  • Lady Stardust
  • Fifteen
  • Iris Wildthyme of Mars (Iris Wildthyme, #7)
Doctor Who: Sick Building Never the Bride (Brenda and Effie Mystery #1) Something Borrowed (Brenda & Effie Mystery #2) Exchange Doctor Who: The Stones of Venice (Big Finish Audio Drama, #18)