Start by marking “The Wanderer's Necklace” as Want to Read:
The Wanderer's Necklace
Open Preview read book* *Different edition

The Wanderer's Necklace

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Past lives are relived in this crackerjack 1914 adventure. Olaf the Norseman braves a haunted tomb and finds the enchanted sword and necklace of a man called the Wanderer, which lead him to a mysterious woman in a dream--who he then finds in real life, and in danger.
Published September 20th 2000 by Wildside Press (first published 1914)

To ask other readers questions about The Wanderer's Necklace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wanderer's Necklace

Calzean
Haggard knew how to spin an adventure story - spanning Vikings, Byzantium and Egypt. Heathens, Christians and Islam. Love, broken love, and timeless love. Friendship, broken friendships and friendships where honour must be obeyed. Ghosts, dreams and a mystery.

Our hero Olaf, is a poet, philosopher, honourable, General, confidante to an Empress, leader of men and women find him desirable - although he is faithful to a woman he has never met in this lifetime.

Haggard must have been the J.K. Rowling
Baylee
Leggi la recensione su Lovely Dreams!

Questo è uno dei tanti libri adocchiati per caso che ha finito per stupirmi. Iniziato in sordina, ha finito per conquistarmi e farsi divorare fino all'ultima parola.

Come da titolo, il protagonista è Olaf, vichingo tutto d'un pezzo per il quale il Fato avrà in serbo grandi gioie e grandi dolori. Olaf non è uomo da scendere a compromessi ed è sincero anche a scapito della sua sicurezza personale. È uno di quegli uomini per i quali vale il motto: meglio morto ch
Amanda
On finishing this book tonight, I have resolved to read it to my children nightly until it's done.

Exotic lands, adventure, romance. This is the second book I've read by H. Rider Haggard and I am now a devoted fan.
Voracious
Rip-roaring good yarn. Must read a few more of his books. I think this style of writing would still appeal to boys today. I'll test it on D.
Lisa
Filing this one away to read to my son in a few years. A great tale on how to be noble, merciful, and faithful no matter what the cost.
Vallah Silverleaf
I really enjoyed this book. Classic historical fiction with a little bit of timeless love sprinkled in.
Lisa (Harmonybites)
This is old-fashioned adventure with an emphasis on old fashioned. I'm not going to claim that Haggard even at his best is the same order of classic as the best by Charles Dickens, the Brontes, George Eliot or Thomas Hardy. But like fellow Victorians Arthur Conan Doyle or Robert Louis Stevenson or Rudyard Kipling, Haggard really could spin a good yarn, and the fantasy genre in general owes him a great debt. Ten of his books are on my bookshelves. I gobbled those up in my teens and most I remembe ...more
Aziza Naderi-weisblatt
Weird

Frustrating at times and horrible portrayal of Muslims. Would give a zero if possible. And was he the wanderer or not?!
Michelle
This book has a healthy dose of wonderful imagination, and a very hefty dose of language that is not in use in the modern day. However, it gives an interesting perspective on the thoughts of white Europeans in Africa in regards to their African helpers. The story itself is good, but the language is distracting.
Jim
Not one of his better works, reincarnation again but this time in Constantinople
Lacey Conrad
This story was a lot like Romeo and Juliet, though set in the period of the Roman Empire. I got a little worried that it had taken too religious of a turn for my taste but it ended with religion being a sort of minor antagonist in the plot.
Devero
Il primo romanzo di una saga incentrata su un giovane vichingo, ambientata nel nord della Scandinavia. Haggard è ricordato però per altri lavori, e in effetti, pur lasciandosi leggere, questo romanzo un poco annoia.
Michelle
When I first started reading it reminded me of Greek mythology, then I decided it was more biblical. I would love to see it as a movie with Russel Crowe as Olaf.
Marl
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the journey that Olaf took during his lifetime. It is rich with history, love and the human spirit during adversity.
Srivatsan Hulikal
I enjoyed Haggard's King Solomon's Mines and thought this might be a good read. However, it was very disappointing, no better than a typical Bollywood plot.
Maria Sundai
This book is horrible. Don't read it. I suffered through it for a book club. Wishing I had those hours back.
Dawn
Quite interesting, just not my favorite stlye of writing.
Leah Elliott
Really interesting book, with a surprising Christian twist
Michelle
Loved it. It's very reminiscent of Game of Thrones.
Julie scully
not my cup of tea, but forged my way through it-
Christina Pirog
Not my fave, but an absolute great journey story
Anil Joshi
Anil Joshi marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
N I
N I marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Carletta
Carletta marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Lacey Knox
Lacey Knox marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
ZZcat
ZZcat marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Clay Jordan
Clay Jordan marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Trena
Trena marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
  • Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl
  • The Man Who Planted Trees
  • Mission To The Stars
  • Deadly Sins (The Callahans, #2)
  • Sunfall
  • The English Orphans
  • The Last Castle
  • Murder on Astor Place (Gaslight Mystery, #1)
  • The Spies of Sobeck (Amerotke, #7)
  • The Anubis Murders
  • For the Love of Philae
  • Children of the Lion
  • Sabella
  • The Gate of Fire (Oath Of Empire Book Two)
  • A Face Turned Backward (Lieutenant Bak, #2)
  • The Ghost Pirates
  • Going for Gold (Angels Unlimited, #10)
  • The Mammoth Book of Egyptian Whodunnits
Sir Henry Rider Haggard was an English writer of adventure novels set in exotic locations, predominantly Africa, and the creator of the Lost World literary genre. His stories, situated at the lighter end of the scale of Victorian literature, continue to be popular and influential. He was also involved in agricultural reform and improvement in the British Empire.

His breakout novel was King Solomon
More about H. Rider Haggard...
King Solomon's Mines (Allan Quatermain, #1) She (She, #1) Allan Quatermain The People of the Mist Ayesha: The Return of She