Start by marking “Use Both Sides of Your Brain: New Mind-Mapping Techniques” as Want to Read:
Use Both Sides of Your Brain: New Mind-Mapping Techniques

Use Both Sides of Your Brain: New Mind-Mapping Techniques

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  216 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Using the latest research on the workings of the human brain, Buzan provides step-by-step exercises for discovering the powers of the right side of the brain and learning to use the left side more effectively. By increasing our understanding of how the mind works, Buzan shows us how to use our brains to the best advantage.
Paperback, Third Edition, 160 pages
Published January 1st 1991 by Plume (first published September 20th 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Use Both Sides of Your Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Use Both Sides of Your Brain

Kristina
Excellent Mind Mapping and study techniques. I wish I had read this book during high school.
Viraj
Dec 29, 2008 Viraj rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who want to learn about how to use the brain more / better and utilize potential one has
Shelves: self-help
Overall: The book tries successfully to prove the points it is trying to make by giving examples and making the reader take exercises before introducing a technique and on the same / similar example/exercise after showing the technique. The techniques introduced work well. The MindMap technique, if applied, should help one remember more stuff for longer time. The speed reading technique also should help. However, the practice is necessary to get the full use of the book. The technique to review ...more
Brendan Hall
Interesting look at how the brain operates.
Bruce Gumbert
very good book on mind mapping
Michael
Awesome and practical. Great for young teenagers. It has helped me to be a better student. The thoughts on memory are particularly insightful. I have tried to implement its principles throughout high school and college and feel like they have been very helpful.
Stella
Incredible book on learning and how the mind works. I've found the exercises incredibly beneficial to reading faster, acquiring and maintaining knowledge and making learning an adventure. A true value for any human that wants to use their brain more effectively.
Larry
This is a great introduction to Tony Buzan and his techniques. From this book of introductions I am getting other books to find out more about specific topics.

The Mind Map Book and Speed Reading are the two books I have purchased based on reading this.
Ryan
Good overview of Buzan, pretty high level. Introduces mind maps, number rhyme memory system, education hasn't been a good fit for kids brains, methods for studying and learning, when to review
Jason Chiang
Really interesting read. Although I don't use the techniques literally, the book has influenced me to change how I structure my note taking and how I process information.
Carl
Feb 09, 2008 Carl rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: success leaves clues
Shelves: psych-sociology
Old book. But briliant. About how to harness your god given talent for relating ideas. Lays out how to remember everything from names to ideas.

B/B = BUY DEFINITELY
Steven
Great book. Loved the advice it gave. Especially liked the advice it gave on reading. It's advice on mind mapping was a bit confusing, but if reviewed makes sense.
Kristen
This book was not as good as I hoped it would be. I was hoping for step-by-step instructions on mind mapping. It was a VERY dry read.
Jim George
The principals are strong, I'm still having problems just using one side.
Frank Pentimone
This should be a book kids have to read in the beginning of the school year
Vivacious
Great for learning to learn and using study skills. I liked it.
Jake
Maybe your brain has to be in the right place for this sort of thing.
Jack Chipperfield
Useful-mind mapping technique good for taking and transcribing notes
Harishrajsss
gud,memory map techniques gives best solution to memorize problems
Helluqueen
keren.. cara baru yg efektif untuk make otak :)
Joseph
I found this very helpful.
Karthik
Gives some of the best ways to use your whole brain and mind mapping techniques.
Tom
Tom added it
Aug 28, 2015
Anne McGuire
Anne McGuire marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Rosemary Koviak
Rosemary Koviak marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
  • de Bono's Thinking Course
  • Mind Set!: Reset Your Thinking and See the Future
  • Girlfriends: Invisible Bonds, Enduring Ties
  • Change the Way You See Everything through Asset-Based Thinking
  • A Whack on the Side of the Head: How You Can Be More Creative
  • Visual Leaders: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organization Change: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organizational Change
  • How You Stand, How You Move, How You Live: Learning the Alexander Technique to Explore Your Mind-Body Connection and Achieve Self-Mastery
  • The Good Heart: A Buddhist Perspective on the Teachings of Jesus
  • Mind Performance Hacks: Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain
  • Armed and Dangerous: A Writer's Guide to Weapons
  • A Simpler Way
  • Open Your Mind to Prosperity
  • Drawing: A Creative Process
  • Think Better: An Innovator's Guide to Productive Thinking
  • Perfect Weight: The Complete Mind-Body Program for Achieving and Maintaining Your Ideal Weight
  • How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found
  • The Case For Make Believe: Saving Play in a Commercialized World
  • Photoreading
Tony Buzan is an author and educational consultant. He is a proponent of the techniques of Mind Mapping and mental literacy. He has worked with: corporate entities and businesses all over the world; academics; Olympic athletes; children of all ages; governments; and high profile individuals, in teaching them how to maximize the use of their brain power.

Buzan was born in London, is an alumnus of Ki
More about Tony Buzan...
The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain's Untapped Potential The Speed Reading Book (Mind Set) Use Your Head How to Mind Map: The Ultimate Thinking Tool That Will Change Your Life The Ultimate Book of Mind Maps