Start by marking “Fascinated” as Want to Read:
Fascinated

Fascinated (The Lady's Tutor)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  662 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Kensington has broken new ground with an on-going publishing schedule of erotic historical romance. In July 1999, we published Captivated, the first anthology of erotic romance containing stories of sexual love and desire and deep emotional attachment.The results were impressive:
-- USA Today bestseller list
-- Waldenbooks bestseller list (#15)
-- #1 Bestselling Anthology of
Published October 1st 2000 by Brava (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Fascinated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fascinated

Jill

description

Megan is forty-eight and a widow. Muhamed is fifty-three and alone. Wanting to feel desire and passion just once, Megan poses as a prostitute for the man who has acquired her services at the Land’s End Inn.

Neither is what the other expected. Muhamed is actually Connor Treffrey, an Englishman by birth, an Arab by upbringing. Shipwrecked and sold into slavery when he was thirteen, he has returned to England, wanting to at last reunite with his family. Megan, a widow of two years has retu
Rane
Review:
Robin Schone's a Man and a Woman

Megan Barnwell a widow, going back to her once childhood home after a long a loveless marriage. When she stops at a inn and overhears a Arab asking for a whore for the night, not giving much thought into her actions, Megan switches places with the whore and goes to the room instead, longing for one night of passion in a man’s arms.
Muhamed or Connor is going back to see his family after so many of being away, while trying to outrun the heartache of hurti
Adrienne
******My rating for this book is for the Robin Schone story only********

I bought this solely for 'A Man and A Woman' by Robin Schone, which is the follow on story from 'The Ladys Tutor' and picks up Muhamed/Connors story following his departure from Ramiels (the man he considers his son) household. Intending to make contact with his Cornish relatives, who believe him long dead,he takes the advice of Ramiels mother who happens to be his long time friend, and seek out the one thing he has never ha
vra
I must say, what attracts me to read this book was Robin Schone. I enjoy her "The Lady's Tutor" and "The Lover" immensely. Fascinated proves to be a major disappointment. The first three stories are simply about mindless *pardon my language* fucking.

#1 Mastering Lacy Lucinda
It is a degradation to all women. The idea of a woman kidnapped to be 'sexually tamed' just because she insulted her suitors is downright ridiculous. Despite the happy ending, I was thoroughly insulted by the story.

#2 Risking
Tucker
Ordinarily I would not admit to reading a book like this -- actually, I probably wouldn't read it in the first place, obviating the admission -- but I swear that my intentions were academic.

Somewhere I'd heard a rumor that there was a eunuch in this book. I bought a used copy and it was on my shelf untouched for years. Finally, I picked it up and read through hundreds of pages of explicit stories of masculine domination and semi-consensual feminine submission, which I suppose is well-written en
Sherry
The only reason I picked up this book was because I enjoyed The Lady's Tutor by Robin Schone.
Has spoilers and contains my rants.

The moment I started reading the first story, Mastering Lady Lucinda by Bertrice Small, I was disgusted. I was only in the first chapter when I threw the book across the room because I was upset and disgusted by the plot.

#1: Mastering Lady Lucinda by Bertrice Small
It was degrading that women should be inferior to men and deserve to be punish for being outspoken or not
TheFountainPenDiva
The Five-Star rating belongs to Robin Schone...Again!

Like the previous anthology Captivated, Robin Schone's short story in this anthology, A Man and A Woman is the only reason for anyone to read this book. Skip the rest of the stories unless trite plots and prose darker than purple (and not in a good way) are your cup of tea. I'm sorry, but it's hard to get turned-on when the phrase 'throbbing love lance' keeps getting tossed about.

I find it rather disturbing that some reviewers don't seem to b
Adriana Bookologist

The Pleasure Game by Thea Devine
1 Star

A Man and A Woman by Robin Schone
3Stars
A good story and the main reason I purchased the book was because Ms. Schone is one of my favorite historical erotic authors. Her characters are engaging and are more mature in age and her writing style is smooth and makes it easy to get lost in the story as I did in this one.

Megan is a mature widowed woman who longs
Erin
I was told to only read the Robin Schone story in this collection of 4 short erotic stories, and my friend was definitely right. The other 3 were absolutely terrible--Schone is a master in the business compared to them. So the 5 stars is for Schone alone!

This is a sequel of sorts to The Lady's Tutor, and it does what Schone does so well...it takes two sympathetic characters who have been hurt in the past, and it explores their vulnerabilities...yes, through sex. The other stories were demeaning,
L8blmr
Aug 19, 2008 L8blmr rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of any of the authors
Recommended to L8blmr by: Someone's list on Amazon
Kudos to Robin Schone- I never thought I'd read an erotic story about a eunuch! Somehow she pulls it off, though. What I really liked was that the h/h were about my age - and also made that work. Very original. Susan Johnson was in good form, and I enjoyed Thea Devine's story, too. Bertrice Small's story? Not so much. The premise wasn't all that bad (heroine is to be "tamed" by hero, but they fall in love), but I had to shiver when one of the important characters mentioned to his men friends tha ...more
Nichelle
The standout novela in this one is Schone's. Everything is just filler.
PT
I mainly got this anthology for Beatrice Small, but I found another great author to love: Robin Schone. I love that her heroines are usually older women, who are growing into their own.
Anyway, her story was favorite in the anthology. The storyline was out of the ordinary. A widow poses as a prostitute to a Moorish man, who is a 53 year-old virgin. It was a facinating story, pun intended.
Now, I need to read The Lady's Tutor.
Jade
Just and absolutely AMAZING set of stories, a book I cherish to own and can easily read over and over again! All characters are diverse and still manage to be easily relatable. My favorite of all of course being The Pleasure Game. Just lovely, absolutely genius! You have to read it at least once in your life or else you're missing out, there's something for everyone in this gem.
Kim
The first story by Bertrice Small I couldn't get into - too much pointless sex,or not enough feeling behind actions, I don't know. The two stories by Susan Johnson and Thea Devine were worth reading - the sotyr by Robin Schone was wonderful - imperfect people, who find fulfillment together in their own vulnerabilities. I loved it.
Dee
A Man and A Woman by Robin Schone is a great story. The pain that these t two characters have is moving and the passion between them are believable. For a writer to capture the relationship between older people and to make you have to read every word with yearning is hot. Robin turns the ordinary into extraordinary.
Bev
Stories 1, 2, and 4 were very stimulating and kept my attention and were ones I couldn't put down. Story 3- while it was good, I had a very hard time wanting to keep reading. It was easy to put down and do other things. But all in all I enjoyed and it was very stimulating.
Kim
A bit of an improvement on Captivated , but Robin Schone's story is still the only one that really deserves those three stars.
Danette Steward
Read it to check out the four authors. I liked the last story by Robin Schone. The other stories were too graphic and crude for me.... I'll look like a deer in headlights for a couple days, I think.
Mysti Dinger
There are 4 separate stories within the book, by 4 separate authors. Very sexual....a decent read, not my favorite book by any means, but it is something different for me to read.
Chade66
This is a collection of four short stories. A Man and A Woman by Schone was worth the read even if everything else had been terrible, which is wasn't. This is for adults though!
Moriah
I agree with the reviewers who said the Robin Schone piece is the only reason to read this book. It's her entry that bumps the collection up from 1 star.
Jo
I'm an anthology fan & this one was a real mixed bag. Overall a bit of a feeling of meh...I didn't find any new authors I'd choose to read again.
Sophie
This was a pretty good read overall. I liked Schone's story the best. It was original, and was my favorite.
Brooke Springer
The middle two stories were my favorites. The first one was just weird and the last one was okay.
Christine Strowbridge
Looooooved Robin's Schones short story. It's why I bought the book!!!
Aayesha
I only read the story by Susan Johnson. Didn't like it much at all.
Lemon
sodomy is a no no, a sin and very unhealthy, waste of my time
Christina Reads
Didn't care much for Devine's or Small's stories.
Cindy

one very good and the rest OK to good
  • The Lover (The Lover, #1)
  • Brazen (Braddock-Black, #4)
  • The Conquest (The Bargain, #2)
  • Parlor Games
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Almost A Gentleman
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has ...more
More about Bertrice Small...
Skye O'Malley (O'Malley Saga, #1) The Kadin All the Sweet Tomorrows (O'Malley Saga #2) This Heart of Mine (O'Malley Saga, #4) Wild Jasmine (O'Malley Saga #6)