Start by marking “Steps to Christ” as Want to Read:
Steps to Christ

Read Book* *Different edition

Steps to Christ

4.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  945 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
*** This product is a case of 100 books. Single copies of this title are also available.***

Thousands have become acquainted with Jesus through this little book, Steps to Christ. And it has helped many more, including those who have walked with Him for years, to know Him better.

Available in English and Spanish, the Friendship Edition of Steps to Christ reveals Jesus as Savi
Published June 30th 2000 by Pacific Pr Pub Assn (first published 1892)

To ask other readers questions about Steps to Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steps to Christ

Cee
Mar 31, 2011 Cee rated it it was amazing
Last week, our pastor told us about how he overcame bitter feelings toward another person. His first victory over the bitterness lasted all ten minutes and it was a good several weeks before he could truly say he was rid of it.

Such is Christian life and I love how Steps to Christ guides and encourages me through every triumph; every obstacle.

It starts off with a very important fact, that God loves us, and then proceeds to how we need him. It talks about repentance, confession, faith and acceptan
Max Hernandez
Apr 22, 2011 Max Hernandez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever wondered how to know Jesus and not just know about him? In my search for an answer I’ve found many suggestions that mean little or nothing to me as they are very abstract and difficult to put into practice. In this book you’ll find concrete bible truths that you can apply to your daily life in order to get closer to God. The advice provided is plainly explained and to the point.
Christopher
Apr 21, 2010 Christopher rated it really liked it
This book is so simple yet so profound. The first time I read it I didn't see much value in it because it was all stuff I thought I knew, but I have read it several times since and each time its simple truths hit me in a deeper way. Recommended to anyone who wants to come closer to God and is looking for peace in the soul.
Morgan Metcalf
Jul 02, 2012 Morgan Metcalf rated it it was amazing
this is the book that sums up Christ's reason for life and His death. It's small and to the point-no beating around the bush is what i like. This book shows you the true savior-Jesus the Lamb of God
Aldus Baskerville
Oct 11, 2014 Aldus Baskerville rated it it was amazing
Steps to Christ is one of those rare books that you read over and over again. It is an explanation of the basics of the christian life, yet it is a book that even mature Christians will find tremendously inspiring. I've lost count over the number of times I've finished the book, each time I read it I find something new to ponder about.

The book is structured after the stages of the Christian journey, it begins by drawing the attention to God's love for man, that even though man has fallen God
Jael
Mar 23, 2014 Jael rated it it was amazing
The beginning was a bit of a slow start for me because she's talking about how to become saved. Which, for anyone who has been a Christian for any period of time, you generally know a fair amount about that. But it's good that it's there for those who are not saved yet and are reading the book.

My favourite part was definitely the last two-thirds or so, when she moves on to the Christian walk and talks about things like developing a Christlike character, our prayer lives, and so forth.

The last ch
Josh
Jun 06, 2012 Josh rated it it was amazing
Ellen White is among many authors who have been used by God to deliver His message. This book was phenomenal in its language and in its context. Ellen White portrays God's message in an understandable and beautiful way, mixing God's content with amazing allusions. One can sense that this woman was truly inspired by God through her writing. This is an amazing book that is sure to soften the hearts of its readers to the things of God and is a sure way to meditate and draw closer to God.
Cristiano Sequeira
Many Christians ask themselves the question of how to develop a close and intimate relationship with Jesus. The answer is Steps to Christ. A powerful pocket-manual that deals with this most important of questions and will provide practical insight in the life of Jesus and how by contemplating it will be changed in His image in character and come ever closer to Him.
Junny
Feb 03, 2014 Junny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este pequeñito libro y me refiero a cantidad de hojas me costo mucho trabajo leerlo porque tiene mensaje divino y debes leerlo precavidamente y con dirección es encantador el lenguaje, las palabras de amor que usa la hermana y la mayor sencillez posible que utiliza para que todos podamos comprender.
Robbie Lacelle
Jan 09, 2014 Robbie Lacelle rated it it was amazing
One of the most beautiful books I have ever read, this book explains how to have a close relationship with Jesus Christ. If you are a Christian or someone who is open to Christianity you should read this book. It will change your life.
Louisa
Mar 01, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing
This little book is one of the best books I've ever read. It answers my deepest existential questions in a simple and meaningful way. It satisfies the needs and the questions of my heart and mind in the most unexpected manner.
Marna Hand
Mar 18, 2013 Marna Hand rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book for everyone - newcomers to Christ or dedicated Christians. Something for everyone! Can be read over & over.
Steve
Jan 22, 2015 Steve rated it it was amazing
A book to keep close, and read, re-read, and re-read.
Cecil
Sep 06, 2012 Cecil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting book about the bible.
Cynthia
As a Seventh-day Adventist I was introduced to this book at the time of my baptism, in 1993, but really only read snatches of it over the years. This is my year to read the poor unread books laying about my house, and this slim volume rated as one that I could slip in to make my necessary quota for the week (because I'm aiming to read 100 books this year).

Because I have done some personal spiritual work of late, this small book really spoke clearly to me of Christ's love and his desire for a p
Brandon Paul Ford
Incredible

This book has helped me greatly with my walk. To endure the race and take the necessary steps of the Christian walk. This book points to the Savior and the free gift of salvation which He alone can give that Grace.
Chuck
Jan 20, 2014 Chuck rated it liked it
At first I tried to read this somewhat like a novel, just flying through it from first to last. As a religious guide I do not think it is meant to be read this way. For those familiar with Christianity there is no new or groundbreaking material here so it can seem like the same old same old. It is instead just advice on how to grow spiritually in Christ, and as such I found it was much better to read a chapter each day or just a part of a chapter as you would with Bible readings. Read a little b ...more
Raphael
Jun 06, 2015 Raphael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for the born again & a great reading for long time believers. Clarifying Christ's sacrifice and the road the newly converted Christian walks with its different challenges and a Biblical perspective.

Would recommend it to anyone of interest.
David Ogweno Omollo
I never read this book, bat I think when I'll read it, it will change my life. that's why I want to read it.
Lizzy
Mar 10, 2014 Lizzy rated it it was amazing
Love this book. By far one of my top favorites of hers. My copy is about 75% highlighted, it's that good.
Sarah Clarke
Jan 11, 2016 Sarah Clarke rated it it was amazing
Amazing book on how to have a closer relationship with Jesus!
Judi Keener
May 13, 2015 Judi Keener rated it it was amazing
So good, I read this book almost every year.
Dan Walker
May 23, 2015 Dan Walker rated it it was amazing
Always brings me closer to Jesus and reassures me of God's love. Several passages are nearly memorized, so reading them again is like meeting an old friend. You will not regret reading, or re-reading, this book.
Junie
Aug 17, 2015 Esteban Rojas soto rated it really liked it
very good
Lynn Bingaman
Nov 19, 2015 Lynn Bingaman rated it liked it
This book was thought-provoking, but a little to fundamentalist for my tastes.
Terry
Feb 12, 2015 Terry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
I have read this book multiple times. Whenever, I feel the need for spiritual refreshing, I find it is a great read. In this world, full of so much pain, suffering, injustice and cruelity, there is no better refuge than a close relationship with Jesus. This book is a classic, well proven to touch your heart.
Moyomoyo
Mar 20, 2013 Moyomoyo rated it it was amazing
I love this book. My book is falling apart because I'm always rereading some of my favorite pages. Every time I read something from here it's like I pick up something new and inspiring. And when you look at the book, it's REALLY small. So to get such a big impact from something so small is really amazing. I read this also during my times of fasting. It really strengthens my walk with the Lord and increases my faith in him.
Vuyani
Oct 28, 2008 Vuyani rated it it was amazing
Have read it more than 4 times, whenever I need to get back to the basics of my relationship with God I read this book. I'm currently reading it. If you want to get to know God, this is the book to start with. It's short and to the point, dealing with needful issues when beggining the journey of faith. I thought it deserved more stars ;-)
Mark
Jun 19, 2012 Mark rated it it was amazing
Extremely useful, thoughtful & biblical sound to help guide one's journey in knowing Jesus. I believe this book has been published in more languages than any other outside of the Bible. Ellen G. White is the most publish female author in history, & for good reason. She was certainly inspired by God. I refer to this little book frequently.
jesus es mi amgo 1 2 Jun 18, 2013 04:43PM
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN 9780816317998 3 21 Aug 19, 2011 06:27PM
  • A Trip Into the Supernatural
  • A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler's Germany
  • Project Sunlight
  • Moments with the Savior: A Devotional Life of Christ (Moments with the Savior) (Moments with the Savior Series)
  • God Drives a Tow Truck
  • Answering Islam: The Crescent in Light of the Cross
  • Sailing Between the Stars: Musings on the Mysteries of Faith
  • Joseph
  • Song Of The Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1)
  • Weakness Is Not Sin: The Liberating Distinction That Awakens Our Strengths
  • No Perfect People Allowed: Creating a Come-as-You-Are Culture in the Church
  • The Big Picture: Getting Perspective on What's Really Important in Life
  • The Signature of Jesus: The Call to a Life Marked by Holy Passion and Relentless Faith
  • Deliver Us from Evil
  • Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #3)
  • A Testament of Devotion
  • Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science
  • His Princess: Love Letters from Your King
See also the other entry Ellen Gould White

In brief, she was a woman of remarkable spiritual gifts who lived most of her life during the nineteenth century (1827-1915), yet through her writings she is still making a revolutionary impact on millions of people around the world. During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 5
More about Ellen G. White...

“God does not require us to give up anything that it is for our best interest to retain. In all that He does he has the well-being of his (own) in view. Would that all who have not chosen Christ might realize that he has something vastly better to offer them than they are seeking for themselves. Man is doing the greatest injury and injustice to his own soul when he thinks and acts contrary to the will of God. No real (and lasting) joy can be found in the path forbidden by Him who knows what is best and who plans for the good of his creatures. The path of transgression is the path of misery and destruction.” 8 likes
“Prayer is the opening of the heart to God as to a friend. Not that it is necessary in order to make known to God what we are, but in order to enable us to receive Him.” 6 likes