Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In every generation, there is a Chosen One. A slayer destined to protect the human race. She alone must fight the demons of hell. She alone must risk her life to stop the spread of evil.

Buffy is the Chosen One.

In Halloween Rain, as if Halloween at the Hellmouth isn’t bad enough, a brewing storm threatens to bring new demons to life, just in time for a celebratory massacre....more
Published August 10th 2010 by Simon Pulse

Beyond Bridalveil Fall by Sheryl SealCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareShiver by Maggie StiefvaterHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingPhantom Bigfoot Strikes Again by Simon Okill
Mystical Creature Books
34th out of 162 books — 141 voters
Out of the Madhouse by Christopher GoldenSons of Entropy by Christopher GoldenGhost Roads by Christopher GoldenThe Book of Fours by Nancy HolderBuffy the Vampire Slayer by Georges Jeanty
Best Buffy The Vampire Slayer Books.
43rd out of 111 books — 42 voters

More lists with this book...

Midu Hadi
Selena Beckman-Harned
The ideas were fine and probably would have made ok episodes, but Joss these writers ain't, and they can't write real Buffy dialogue. Read more like fan fiction than an actual book. But still fun.
Desiree
This rating is only for Halloween Rain, I will be reading the other two sometime in the future.

Halloween Rain: 2 stars. This one wasn't a fantastic read. It was all right but in comparison to other Buffy books I've read it wasn't up to par.

The story takes place in Season 1, the book references the Master and that he's still around, but it takes place on Halloween, which if you're a fan of Buffy you know that the first Halloween experienced by Buffy in Sunnydale was in Season 2.

There were some t...more
Erin
Amy Beer
The only story out of these three that is worth mentioning was the second one.
The first story was horribly lacking in details and facts, it seems as if the person who wrote this has never watched Buffy in their life and therefore was unaware that even though monsters do seem to appear on Halloween, they shouldn't and take it as a night off! Not only that, but it was extremely predictable and lacking in originality. 1 out of 5.
The second story was far better. The story was original, had a great p...more
Danyelle
Being a long time fan of Buffy the Vampire the Slayer, I enjoyed reading the stories, but they are not the up to par with some of the other books written based on the series. I don't think the stories would stand alone or be as enjoyable for someone who isn't familiar with the series and isn't a fan. A few thoughts on each of the stories is listed below.

"Halloween Rain" - When I first started reading this story, it felt kind of rushed, like the authors didn't take much time. While the usual bant...more
Melanie
First off, I must say that I'm a huge Buffy fan. I've watched and re-watched some of the episodes (okay...ALL of the episodes) a hundred times. I was really disappointed when I read the first volume (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Volume 1 : Coyote Moon, Night of the Living Dead, Portal Through Time) so I was kinda hesitant to buy volume 2. But being the Buffy fan that I am, I just HAD to buy it. I'm really glad I did because this book is great.

A lot of the Buffy characters from season 1 and 2 are in...more
Marie
Jul 23, 2011 Marie rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Buffy Fans
Recommended to Marie by: Goodreads giveaways
Recieved this from a goodreads giveaway, and was very excited to be chosen!
I guess the first thing I should start with is that I adore Buffy... and pretty much everything Joss Whedon created or inspired. (Browncoat!)
I also write/read fanfiction sometimes, 'cause I'm just awesome like that.
Still, I was hesitant when going into these stories...but when I won it from goodreads giveaways, I decided to go for it.
I'm going to go ahead and talk about it by story.

Halloween Rain -- Not the best o...more
Crusader
Growing up, I was a huge Buffy fan. Every Friday at five, like clockwork, I would be in front of the TV waiting for Buffy to start. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

I quite enjoyed this collection of three stories taking place during the early years of Buffy. There's witty banter and monster slaying aplenty. Of the three I must admit that I like Bad Bargain the most. Nasty diseases and creepy crawlies invading the school. What more could you want?

The only real criticism I have is that the stories j...more
EeeJay
I won this copy through Goodreads first reads

I do have to admit that this book looks to be parallel to the season 1 of the series: Funny in a self-deprecating way (which I actually like...) but the time lags and skips get to be a tad confusing.

The stories could be a little better structured which becomes more obvious after watching all the seasons of BTVS, but the stories have a 'freshness' which is endearing.

The funny thing is, with the vampire overload in all sorts of stories (mystery, romance...more
Erin
The truly wonderful thing about this second volume of Buffy stories is the quiet references to jokes from the show, as well as to various episodes and situations. It made it feel like it was being told by a friend with all those inside jokes put in there. I thought the second volume was better than the first, with the writing being more adult and the stories tying in all of the characters. Angel was included more in the stories, which pleased me greatly. I enjoyed all three, but Afterimage was p...more
Annie
This book made me feel like I was in a movie theatre as the writers continue the story of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Everything was so amazing; the authors captured the emotions and personalities of the characters like they were Joss Wheden, the original Buffy play writer. There were three books/episodes and my favorite was the first one, Halloween Rain. This showed everyone's personalities so well and how they react to everything. I look forward to reading the third book of the series to see how...more
Linda Kimpton
Good enough stories for spending some more time with the old favourites in Sunnydale. I enjoy (and miss) the Scooby Gang, so it was a nice trip down memory lane, but of course nothing will replace the finished TV series (I find even the comics just can't compare). The middle story of the three in the book was the most enjoyable, but none of the three live up to some excellent Buffy stories I've read in other books.
Shelley Daugherty
For anyone who likes the show, this is a great adaptation for the book form. Filled with all the witty comments and one liners that keep the reader on their toes, this humorous version of vampire slaying is true to it's roots.
Artemis
Ah, dear Buffy. I am glad that I can continue your story after my mom banned me from watching the show. :) Doesn't your name create some laughter amongst my friends who did not know you as I do.
Kathy  Petersen
Silly but kind of fun. I've never seen a Buffy episode, although people who know me say I would like the show. The book, though rather lame, indicates that I would indeed enjoy the tv series.
Brittany Perry
I love this so much better than the series which was sadly ended. I miss Buffy. Anyway this is a great way to re-visit Buffy's world and has all your fav characters. I hope they make ten of these.
Cat Fletcher
Of all the Buffy compilation books this has the best stories out of them. They were thoroughly enjoyable and brought back to life some of the character I so dearly miss from the show.
Michele
I really enjoyed this book. So much like the TV series. I can't wait to read Volume 3.
Amy
Halloween Rain - 2/5 stars
Bad Bargain - 4/5 stars
Afterimage - 4/5 stars
Athena Braun
The best one in my opinion was Halloween Rain the rest mediocre...
Saara
Saara marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Jay
Jay added it
Apr 11, 2014
Jeremy Hochhalter
Jeremy Hochhalter marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 3
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 1
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 7
  • Revenant (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #11)
  • Bad Bargain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #5)
  • Go Ask Malice: A Slayer's Diary (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #9)
  • The Xander Years, Vol. 2 (The Xander Years, #2)
  • Bite Me!: An Unofficial Guide to the World of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4
  • Portal Through Time (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #6)
Nancy Holder, New York Times Bestselling author of the WICKED Series, has just published CRUSADE - the first book in a new vampire series cowritten with Debbie Viguie. The last book her her Possession series is set to release in March 2011.

Nancy was born in Los Altos, California, and her family settled for a time in Walnut Creek. Her father, who taught at Stanford, joined the navy and the family t...more
More about Nancy Holder...
Resurrection (Wicked, #5) Wicked: Witch & Curse (Wicked, #1-2) Wicked 2: Legacy & Spellbound (Wicked, #3-4) Unleashed (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #1) The Rose Bride: A Retelling of "The White Bride and the Black Bride" (Once Upon a Time Fairytales)

“We're all leaving now", Blue Eyes whispered to her. "Together. Out the front door. Scream, and we'll kill you here and now.
"Or later", Willow suggested nervously. "Later would be a big improvement on that idea. We could meet back here in, say, an hour, and you can exhibit your homicidal tendencies then, okay? That would be way better for us.”
3 likes
“Xander Harris: Hair. Red. Red is good. Fire engines are red. Porsche's are red.” 2 likes