Start by marking “The Right and the Power: The Prosecution of Watergate” as Want to Read:
The Right and the Power: The Prosecution of Watergate

The Right and the Power: The Prosecution of Watergate

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Hardcover
Published April 1st 1979 by HarperCollins (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Right and the Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right and the Power

Ronald Wise
This book seems to become more interesting and relevant as time passes. Perhaps not enough time had elapsed when I read it the first two times (in 1977 and 1985) for me to appreciate its historical value. But this time I had forgotten enough so that it read like a suspense thriller at times and an interestingly detailed personal journal at others. So much forgotten that I was almost able to re-experience that growing dismay that comes from reading the transcripts of those White House conversatio ...more
Andrew Scholes
This was a tough read. There were a lot of letters back and forth between Jaworski and the White House and various Courts. There were many legal pleadings or decisions. It was well documented and, again, contradicted many of the other Watergate books, which I expected.
Mike
A thorough and easy to read account of his role as Special Prosecutor (after Archibald Cox) of the Watergate affair. He adds his thoughtful and balanced judgements to the historical account. An excellent primer of what occurred and how it was adjudicated.
James
About the only reason I don't give this and similar books a "5" is that this was the era of "piling on." Anything that spread bile about Nixon was taken as true hook, line and sinker. I happen to think Nixon was a thug, but there are limits.
Steven
A useful piece of the Nixon puzzle, I enjoyed this book for its first-hand account of a time of great turmoil in our nation. This is particularly useful as a history of the independent prosecutor's office.
David Hill
Starting about page 111 is a great summary of what the Watergate scandal was all about.
Neall
Neall added it
Oct 25, 2014
Akhil
Akhil marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Lindsay Gruesu
Lindsay Gruesu marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
James
James added it
Oct 22, 2013
Brooke Evans
Brooke Evans marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2013
Karan
Karan marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Shelley Thomas
Shelley Thomas marked it as to-read
May 22, 2013
Lauren Brogdon
Lauren Brogdon marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Space1889
Space1889 marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Crossroads Confession and Avoidance: A Memoir After Fifteen Years The Right & the Power The Lawyer in Society