Start by marking “Buried Sins (The Three Sisters Inn, #3)” as Want to Read:
Buried Sins (The Three Sisters Inn, #3)

Buried Sins (The Three Sisters Inn #3)

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE

Had her brand-new husband been involved in something shady? Before Caroline Hampton could confront him, he was killed in a car crash...or so it was claimed. Unsettling incidents--escalating in dange--warned her he could be very much alive. And so Caroline fled for the safety of her sisters' Amish country inn. But someone who suspected her--handsome pol
Published November 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Buried Sins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried Sins

Michelle
Jun 28, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I decided to review these together since it is a series. However, I believe it would be okay to read them separately or out of order. I believe you can understand more of the back story if you read them in order, but I think they could easily be read on their own also and still be enjoyable.

Back in high school, I remember a librarian taking me around the library trying to help me find books I was interested in. I really hated reading when I was younger. I just couldn’t seem to find anything I li
Rachel Brand
I think I actually preferred this one to the first book, Hide in Plain Sight, and I could definitely tell how Marta's writing had matured since the initial novel in this trilogy. While I did have an inkling of who was behind the mystery in this one, the conclusion wasn't quite as sudden as in the first book, where the "bad guy" had given a big monologue that explained everything. The climax of Buried Sins seemed a lot more realistic and things were revealed gradually over the final chapters. Mar ...more
Dorry Lou
Jan 09, 2015 Dorry Lou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buried Sins & Hide in Plain Sight were both in the same book. Both had lots of action. This one had Andrea's sister Caroline who was the rebellious one and had been in lots of trouble in her life. The family had not seen her for a long long time. When she returns to the Amish country the family did not realize she was running away from problems that she brought with her. Excellent reading!

I am saving it for you Tiffeny!!
Jocelyn Gunter
Aug 25, 2011 Jocelyn Gunter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book...I love Marta Perry's books. At least this series, since it is the first that I have read by her. She is a great writer. I was hooked on the book from chapter one. She has enough mystery through out the book that keeps you reading. The great thing is that the middle is just as intense to keep you interested. It's not until the last chapter that she reveals who is behind the mystery, love that!
Donita Corman
Jul 15, 2013 Donita Corman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marta is a great story teller. I was kept guessing until the end. I was partially right in guessing the culprit but couldn't guess it all till the very end
Marion Buehring
I was tired of this series by the time I got to this book. It was a cozy story, not overwhelmingly interesting and not suspenseful at all.
Mercedes Cordero
Apr 12, 2012 Mercedes Cordero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is the best in the series. There are two mysteries here, and both kept my interest throughout the book.

Caroline is a somewhat complicated and interesting character, very different from her two sisters, which we got to meet in the first two books of the series. Her romantic lead is character I learned to like and appreciate in A Christmas To Die For, and was not expecting him here, so that was a very nice surprise. The romance was touching: here you have two characters that have gone
Shari
Jan 05, 2011 Shari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third novel of The Three Sisters Inn trilogy, a combination of romance and suspense. This is the story of the youngest sister, Caroline, living in Sante Fe when her husband Tony is killed in an accident, under suspicious circumstances. She flees Santa Fe when a man there begins stalking her, and returns to Pennsylvania to her sisters and grandmother at the inn. However, trouble seems to have followed her, and local police chief Zach Burkhalter is determined to help Caroline and get t ...more
Diane U
Sep 11, 2011 Diane U rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caroline decides to come back to her family in Pennsylvania after being confronted by someone of her recently deceased husband. She decides that it is best to start over and get away from it all. She learns that her late husband is not who he said he was. She meets Zach, the county sherriff, who is suspicious of her but as they get to know each other, they become friends. Will Caroline learn the truth of her husband's death?

This is the third book in the series, The Three Sister's Inn. I read the
Dharia Scarab
Jul 25, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 sta
Gloria Flick
Mar 03, 2011 Gloria Flick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3d book in a series of three. This is the story of Caroline, the youngest of the three sisters. Rachel and her grandmother had opened The Three Sisters Inn and Caroline went home when her husband, Tony, was killed. There are many secrets her husband kept from her. After she moved, she met Zach Burkhalter, the police chief suspected there was something going on. Through many twists and turns, they finally discover that Tony had lied to her and her boss, Francine Carrington had also de ...more
Michelle
Jul 23, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
Three Sisters Inn
Book 3

The suspense in this book was good. I had some figured out, but there were some surprised at the end. I think one of my favorite characters is Cal - I like how big brother he acted. Zach, though, was the hero in the story. He had a little girl that he didn't seem to spend much time with - but that's because the author spent a lot of time on the mystery and the Hampton sisters instead of Zach's story. I would have liked to see more father/daughter interaction.

I wasn't too i
Elaine Hoffer
Jun 07, 2014 Elaine Hoffer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good book by Marta Perry. This is another series about the "Three sisters Inn". I enjoy a book that has a good story and has some Christian values intertwined in the story line. This is the second book in the series. Caroline has returned home "The Three Sisters Inn" after her husband has been killed in a car accident. She was living in the big city and now needed family. She worked at a art gallery and was not sure what she could do with her life. There is a love interest in this book b ...more
Leona
Feb 28, 2010 Leona rated it liked it
This is the third in a series concerning three sisters. Good afternoon read, although the story is very predictable after reading the first book. All have the same format without any unexpected plot twists that the reader hasn't already figured out. The books also have a basic Christian theme returning people to their basic faith. If you are looking for a book to read while traveling or lying by the pool, this is OK
Julie
Feb 17, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This 3rd book was just as good as the other 2. Marta told a wonderful story. I could relate to her characters, I cried and prayed with Caroline and fell in love with Zach (although I am a sucker for a man in uniform and my husband is a policeman, so I am a little partial). The suspense kept me guessing and I couldn't put the book down. I hope there will be more books about the Three Sisters Inn. I enjoyed reading about them. I am going to look into more books written by Marta Perry!
Melissa
Sep 20, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Have I mentioned lately just how much I love Marta Perry's books! The third book of the Three Sisters Inn series is probably my favorite.

Buried Sins, was an incredibly thrilling book. There were twists and turns at every corner. I was able to figure out "whodunnit" fairly quickly...but it was fun to figure out how and why. There were also little side mysteries that really made the book intriguing.

I can't wait to read Ms. Perry's other series!
Julie
Aug 21, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook
My first Marta Perry book, and I really enjoyed it. Good characters and a believable plot, mixed in a small town with the kind of normal yet quirky people that we all know. Picked it up as a Nook Free Fridays selection awhile back and glad I did. Will go back and look for her others in this series.
Kate
Jun 28, 2015 Kate rated it liked it
I think of the three sisters, Caroline was my favourite. I love how she wanted to protect her family, and learned how to trust God again, and how she chose to stay and figure things out rather than run away when things got scary for her.
I liked Zach, and how he learned that doing what is right is more important than 'doing your duty' when the 2 do not coincide.
A good way to end the series.
April Suter
Caroline (the third sister) comes to town after her husband is killed in an accident and someone threatens her. So the dog, Barney, has to save another sister from intruders out at the barn and the local police chief wants answers.

Not a very realistic story line. At least I finished the series.

240 pages
Annette
Feb 03, 2012 Annette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
I really enjoyed this book. It is not a very long book, but the action is constant and the mystery is compelling. I think it was my favorite of the series. I really liked the characters. Excellent read.
Jean Browne
I liked it...this was the third book of the series and it kind of tied all three books up neatly...(not that you had to read all three...so, it you are looking for a light, easy to read Romance thriller, you may enjoy reading the books about The Three Sisters Inn.
Brenna
It really was just ok. The ending was terribly rushed and as "romances" go, this one really fell flat. The only thing that saved it was my simple curiosity to see how this 3 book series would wrap up.
Nancy Cholewczynski pitts
It was very well written with an engrossing story line that has a lot of twists and turns. If you are looking for a novel that gives an in depth look at living Amish (as I was) this is not the one to buy. However I would recommend buying this one for the other reasons that I gave above.
Lisa Boles
Feb 23, 2014 Lisa Boles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buried sins

Buried sins

I have read all 3 of the three sister's Inn books and I must say I love them all and had a hard time putting them down. I'd recommend these to all my friends.
Tammy
Nov 23, 2013 Tammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad but not the best either. I did like that the suspense was back in abundance in this book. I just wish more of the love story was present especially at the end. I really want an epilogue to tell me about the hea.
Kristen
Jan 19, 2012 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the series but this one was my favorite. I probably could have done without reading the 1st two, not that they were bad, but each story was rather the same only I felt the "love dilemma" in this one made more sense than in the first two.

Clean, easy to read, light romance.
Becky
Sep 18, 2010 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
The mystery-- mysteries-- were pretty good, but the romance wrapped up with just a few lines at the end. I would have preferred more development of the feelings between Zach and Caroline since it was marketed as a romantic suspense.
Gwnhwyfer
Enjoyed this book more than the first or second; the mystery was more developed and not as obvious (though I could have done with the secondary mystery - the history behind the quilt could have been introduced without it). Loved the characters, especially Zach! ;)
Anne
Nov 12, 2009 Anne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So glad I finished this series. They were all the same. One sister at a time. They fell into danger, a man helped them, they fell in love in the end. Now all of the sisters found their love, so there's nothing more to write about.
Andrea
Jan 04, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sappy-romance
A great day read, a good story about the Three Sisters Inn in Amish County in Penn. Heart warming, suspenseful, easy read.
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Hidden in the Wall (Reunion Revelations, Book 1) (Love Inspired Suspense #84)
  • Holiday Illusion (Amazon Adventure, #3)
  • The Guardian's Mission (The Sinclair Brothers Trilogy, #1)
  • Cowboy Protector  (Protecting the Witnesses, #3)
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • Bayou Justice (Bayou Justice #1)
  • Murder By Mushroom
  • Hannah's Journey (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #1)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Dark Harvest (Maplecreek, #2)
  • Her Last Chance (Without a Trace, #6)
  • Flashpoint (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #204) (Emerald Coast 911, #4)
81993
Marta Perry is a Pennsylvania-based author of over 35 novels, many of them inspirational romances. She uses her rural Pennsylvania life and her Pennsylvania Dutch heritage in writing her books, especially in her Pleasant Valley Amish series for Berkley Books and her new Amish-set suspense series for HQN Books.

Marta and her husband live in a centuries-old farmhouse in a quiet central Pennsylvania v
More about Marta Perry...

The Three Sisters Inn (4 books)
  • Hide in Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn, #1)
  • A Christmas to Die For (The Three Sisters Inn, #2)
  • Hide in Plain Sight and Buried Sins