Start by marking “Bloodfever (Fever, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloodfever (Fever, #2)

Bloodfever (Fever #2)

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  72,279 Ratings  ·  3,955 Reviews
I used to think my sister and I were just two nice southern girls who'd get
married in a few years and settle down to a quiet life. Then I discovered
that Alina and I descend, not from good wholesome southern stock, but from an
ancient Celtic bloodline of powerful sidhe-seers, people who can see the Fae.
Not only can I see the terrifying otherworldly race, but I can sense the
s
Published October 16th 2007 by Dell Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bloodfever, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Liana
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Bully by Penelope DouglasBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireObsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutFallen Too Far by Abbi GlinesRule by Jay Crownover
Hot Jerk
34th out of 133 books — 349 voters
Shadowfever by Karen Marie MoningDreamfever by Karen Marie MoningFaefever by Karen Marie MoningBloodfever by Karen Marie MoningDarkfever by Karen Marie Moning
Best Fae based books ever...
4th out of 17 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

The Holy Terror
I don't like Mac. I don't like Barrons. I'm not even really enjoying the story. So why keep reading, you might ask. Masochism? Some vague sense of loyalty toward friends on here who constantly berate me with, "Keep reading, it gets better!!!" Or, is it really just my obsessive compulsive NEED to see how something ends? Probably a little of all three.

Once we get into the meat of the story, it's very plain to see that Mac hasn't changed, although she sure would like us to think so. She goes on and
Regan

Fifth Book: Shadowfever
Sixth Book (Dani's POV): Iced
Seventh Book: Burned
Eighth Book: Feverborn

And because once again everyone has reviewed this book in some way, shape, or form. I'm going to be doing mine to the theme of The Pokemon Theme Song :

I want to be the very best,
Like Alina never was.
To kill off faes is my real test
To defeat them is my cause.

I will travel to Ireland,
Searching far and wide.
Each stupid fae to understa
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Mac Version 2.0

Mac has started to change, she originally was that southern Barbie girl who loved pink, cute accessories and fab nail polish.

That girl is still inside her battling with the new Mac she is becoming. Why is she changing? Because every time she turns around someone is either lying to her or some Fae petunia-hole is trying to kill her.

Then we have Jerrico Barrons. He tries my nerves a bit in this book...and then in the last 50 or so pages-I get hooked.

The tension between him and Ma
Tatiana
Dec 10, 2014 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all fans of urban fantasy
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
Updated 12/10/14
Oh, poor me, drowning in mysteries. It's still fun to read, even knowing who is what and does what why. It actually shows how well planned this whole series had been.

First I want to thank Kat for recommending this series to me. So far it's been exceeding my expectations and I hope it will continue doing so.

In this installment MacKayla Lane continues her search for Sinsar Dubh, a powerful Unseelie artifact containing the deadliest Fae magic. She is recovering from the ordeal she
Natasha Polis
Jan 18, 2016 Natasha Polis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5!!
Done! I'm just ripping through this series, it's quite addicting! This one was just a little better than the fist book, they both ended too soon, but I like how satisfying it is to finish these short books. I'm having a lot of fun with this, just the right amount of action and plot but the romance is one slowwwwwww burn.
Lyndsey
Possible minor spoilers if you haven't read the first book and if any of my random ramblings turn out to be true...

At the beginning of the book, we join Mac just after she finds out that she was adopted. Immediately, she begins to act like her parents just dropped off the face of the earth, and she starts referring to her sister as her only real family. Her attitude instantly turned ungrateful. Yes, she was just being a drama queen, but I know for a fact that you can love someone who isn't relat
Navessa
WARNING: Every quote in this review is a spoiler or a mindfuck.

UN-WARNING: If you haven’t read the entire series, you won’t understand a single one and nothing will be spoiled for you.

“Barrons has something the rest of us don’t have…there’s something that never crawled all the way out of the swamp. It didn’t want to. It likes it there.”

“Far beneath me, in the marrow of the ground, something bayed.”

“American?”
I nodded. “You?” He didn’t sound Irish.
“Little of this, little of that. Nothing special.
Kat Kennedy
Mar 25, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second installment of Bloodfever is intense, powerful, dramatic and clever.

We see a great deal of character growth from out favorite characters as well as a progression in the plot, albeit a small one.

The writing is, as always, stylish and immersive. The world is complicated, mysterious and intriguing.

Overall, this book is a fantastic second installment in what is an amazing, refreshing and enjoyable series.

PS. I'm either going to kill Barrons sooner or later, or do very, very, very naughty
Mo
Nov 10, 2013 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

This one starts off where Darkfever finished. Mac is still in Dublin, trying to find out who killed her sister and why she was killed.

She is still living in Barron's house. Her parents are not happy and they want her home pronto.

“One day you may kiss a man you can’t breathe without, and find breadth is of little consequence.”

They are still on the lookout for the Sinsar Dubh.

Who can she trust? The strange creatures are still everywhere.

“The first promise we had to make ….. was that u
Alex is The Romance Fox
Did I ever think I would get into reading urban fantasy?? Before Fever Series….absolutely NO….and now here I am ….unable to stop reading a genre I have not had much interest….apart from the Lord of the Rings books (which blew me away!!!).
I immediately started reading Bloodfever, the 2nd book of Karen Marie Moning’s Fever Series after turning the last page of the 1st book, Darkfever,which I reviewed, http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

I am back into the dark world of the Fae,….. MacKayla L
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
Third Read - October 2015: 5 stars!!!
Second Read - November 2014: 4 stars
First read - September 2014: 4 stars

Our first annual re-read of the Fever series with the MacHalo group starts October 26, 2015! Here's the schedule (sorry, I can't keep to a schedule with this series - it takes over and I have to devour it once I start):

Darkfever: October 26
Bloodfever: November 9
Faefever: November 23
Dreamfever: December 7
Shadowfever: December 21
Iced: January 5
Burned: January 12

New thoughts on third read: W
Liz* Fashionably Late
Second Re-read: November 2015.
It dragged a little in the middle but the CAVE SCENE IS PERFECTION.

First Re-read: November 2014 I'm still giving it 4 stars.

"One day you may kiss a man you cant breathe without, and find breath is of little consequence."

Buddy Read with a bunch of weirdos. Couldn't find better people to do it.

Mac is growing and learning. Never forget she has not only lost her sister but every certainty about pretty much everything since she came to Dublin and somehow she hasn'
Shurrn
Things are heating up for the Fever series!
No sophomore slump here!
It's a strange new world out there and the rules have changed: It's every princess for herself.
Ive discovered why I've been sucked into this series. I can't predict or classify the characters. In a world where literary characters are painfully formulaic, Karen Marie Moning is blazing her own wild road with this series and I'm just happy to be taken along for the ride.

I read this entire book cover-to-cover in a single day...
julio
Aug 25, 2015 julio rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
no. just—fucking no, people.

description

you read the blurbs of the books in this series and you think you're getting a sexy PNR but what you're actually getting is like six distinct buckets of cray.

it's fun, it really is, until you make the mistake of thinking about what you just read.

you follow along, making assumptions about what to expect based on all the other sane and non-rapey paranormal sexromanze series you've read and then you realize that you should have tapped-out in book one when the heroine wa
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
First reread with my girl Tanya, January 2015.

Original rating: 4
New rating: 3.5

You know how this is going to go right? My first review for this book was written just two months ago so don't you expect me to write another one so soon. Hey, I have a life outside of GR you know (well, more or less). All you'll be getting from me is another episode in the Fever Freak's Facts of Life (abridged version).

Fact #1: Rainbow Mac still has some serious growing up to do.

She's doing better but needs to realiz
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 What-the-BLOODY-Hell Stars

description

"It’s our actions that define us. What we choose. What we resist. What we’re willing to die for.[...]There are only shades of gray. Black and white are nothing more than lofty ideals in our minds, the standards by which we try to judge things, and map out our place in the world in relevance to them."

description

An obsessed man(?) with dangerous secrets.
A seductive prince with his own agenda.
A ruthless Grand Mistress.

And in the middle of this deadly game of chess where the lives o
Debra

4.5 *I LOVE THIS SERIES, AND BARRONS, AND MAYBE V'LANE A LITTLE TOO* STARS.

More action, more suspense, more fear, more doubt, more evil, more darkness; all of these elements sure don't make Mac's life any easier. But while the world is turning more evil, she is gaining more knowledge and strength and one thing she makes sure to never lose is: hope.

"Hope is a critical thing. Without it, we are nothing. Hope shapes the will. The will shapes the world. I might have been suffering a dearth of hope
Karly *The Vampire Ninja & Luminescent Monster*
4.5 fever-frenzy Stars

Yo shithead,

Yeah, you of the withering stares and evasive non-answers. You, Mr. Jericho “Jackass” Barrons, I’m fucking watching YOU! You, with the depthless eyes and secretive ways! Every step you take is being monitored, calculated, judged. I am on to you.

I know you’ve saved my girl, Mac, from some horrid situations (don’t think I haven’t noticed it’s always at the last minute and always on your own terms, though) but I don’t trust you half as far as I can throw you, assh
Lindsey Rey
Jul 06, 2015 Lindsey Rey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2015
[4.5 Stars]
Jo
Dec 07, 2011 Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
guilt·y [gil-tee]
adjective
1.characterized by, connected with, or involving guilt: guilty intent.

pleasure [plezh-er]
noun
1.enjoyment or satisfaction derived from what is to one's liking; gratification; delight.

Bloodfever [bluhd fee-ver]
noun
1. see above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mac,

Quick question: (view spoiler)
Giselle
Sep 01, 2011 Giselle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, paranormal, adult
Ok ok… I'm starting to get it. This second installment was Much better than the first. It has lots of action and with all the mayhem it gets pretty hard to put down. The mystery, though, is still there picking away at my brain cells. We got no real answers in this one, especially from Barrons. Only more questions. Which ended up being ok because the book is fully loaded and it couldn't possibly all fit in here. Plus the anticipation is kind of fun.

Mac is becoming more independent and grown up wh
Carole (Carole's Random Life)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

5 Stars!

Question: When you're one of the few people who can do something to fix a problem, just how responsible does that make you for it?
Answer: It's how you choose to answer that question that defines you.

I really can't understand why I only gave this book 4 stars the last time that I read it. Basically, I think that any book that I feel compelled to read not once, not twice but 3 times (so far) has to deserve 5 stars...it just has to b
bibliophile (Romance Addict)

5 FECKING STARS!!

“It’s our actions that define us. What we choose. What we resist. What we’re willing to die for.”

“If you’ve never tasted bitterness, sweet is just another pleasant flavor on your tongue.”

Series: This is the second book in the Fever series by Karen Moning.

Characters: OMG!! Barron! I'm in love with him already. He's still mysterious, and only comes out to help Mac whenever she's in need, but the guy is amazing regardless. I have to admit that he a lot more likable in this
Oct 20, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, jerks
4 HOOKED-BUT-STILL-FECKING-CONFUSED STARS!!!!!

A lonely boy. A lone man. Alone in a desert beneath a blood-red moon.

Gah, Ms. Moning can write! But it’s not in-your-face. It’s subtle. And I like it. You know what I love the most? I have no idea what ‘s gonna happen next!

This book continues the story from Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning. Mac is living in Barrons Books & Baubles, and after someone tries to kill her, she starts to work at the bookstore. As always, people, or things, are after her. Someone always wants to u
♥Rachel♥
Nov 15, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It’s a little hard for me to write a review for Bloodfever, because I finished it and immediately started the audio of Faefever. I think I might confuse some of both books together if I try to summarize it for anyone. Suffice it to say that I’m hooked!

In Darkfever, Mac was a spoiled, naïve, and innocent young woman out to find her sister, Alina’s murderer. In Bloodfever, Mac has grown up a bit, whether she wanted to or not. She’s still the old-fashioned southern, pink, and sparkle clad woman wh
Jennifer Kyle

”Question: When you’re one of the few people who can do something to fix a problem, just how responsible does that make you for it?

Answer: It’s how you choose to answer that question that defines you.”

This second book of the series had a ton of surprises and reveals as well as… you guessed it a million more questions. Mac is still living at the Barron’s book store and working with Jericho tracking down all those relics.

Mac find herself in some crazy situations, as well as some steamy ones (bea
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Granted, Bloodfever seems to have less forward momentum than Darkfever, but I still loved it. I like this voyage of self-discovery that Mac is on. She is growing up the hard way. I think the first person POV works beautifully, because this is fundamentally Mac's story. Of course, Barrons is a huge draw. He's delightfully enigmatic, querulous, and his feelings for Mac come through clearly, even though Mac doesn't really get it. I think Barrons is crazy about Mac. He is very possessive of her, and ...more
Anne
Dec 21, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anne by: Jill
Re-read: 2014

description

Things happen in Bloodfever. Interesting things.
But none of them matter.
The only thing that matters is that Mac And Barrons finally have a hot Angry Make-out session.
Yep.
That's what I took away from a 300 page book.
*shrugs*

Original review: 2009
This book is even better than the first book in the series, Darkfever. I can't wait to read the next one! A big "Thank You" goes out to Jill for telling me to get all of the books at once, 'cause these cliffhanger endings would have killed me
Jonnie
This book pleases me.

description

Inside me was a Mac I'd never met before. I couldn't dress her up. I couldn't make her take a bath. She wouldn't mix in pleasant society. I couldn't corral a single one of her thoughts. My only hope was she wouldn't suddenly sprout a mouth.
She was a bloodthirsty, primitive little savage.
And she hated pink.

Yes. I think I like this Mac - a fierce, mouthy sidhe-seer armed with a Fae-killing spear, a black getup and a blacker, curlier do. Positively noms.

I find it difficult to
Around the Year i...: Bloodfever, by Karen Marie Moning 1 11 Jun 01, 2016 09:38PM
Are there any series similar or just a good as this one? 16 167 Aug 09, 2015 11:46AM
¡ POETRY !: The Alibis Of Breathing 1 7 May 07, 2015 04:08PM
Kenyons Minions: Bloodfever BOTM 3 20 Aug 01, 2014 10:00AM
BR for the Fever Series Virgins continues 7 57 Nov 09, 2013 06:09AM
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
  • Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
“The only other calling I ever felt was an irrepressible desire to be Captain of my own Starship. I was born in the wrong century and it wasn’t possible, so I chose to explore the universe by writing fiction instead. Books are doors to endless adventure.” -KMM

Karen Marie Moning is the #1 NYT bestselling author of the Fever Series and Highlander novels.

An alum of the Immaculate Conception Academy,
More about Karen Marie Moning...

Fever (10 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Faefever (Fever, #3)
  • Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • Untitled (Fever, #10)

“One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.” 3292 likes
“I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face.
Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs.”
527 likes