Start by marking “The Quantum Self” as Want to Read:
The Quantum Self

The Quantum Self

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  134 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
In The Quantum Self, Danah Zohar argues that the insights of modem physics can illuminate our understanding of everyday life -- our relationships to ourselves, to others, and to the world at large. Guiding us through the strange and fascinating workings of the subatomic realm to create a new model of human consciousness, the author addresses enduring philosophical question ...more
Published May 24th 1991 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Quantum Self, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quantum Self

Yasmin
Oct 29, 2014 Yasmin rated it it was amazing
[beware of trolling misogynists giving this book a bad review because they consciously or subconsciously can't handle the thought of a woman teaching them something about science and philosophy. QT = divine feminine. This book is great]

This book goes over the basics of QT (wave/particle duality, Schrodinger’s cat, double-slit experiments, bose-einstein condensate), it sets a hypothesis for the physical basis of human consciousness, then continues with “quantum analysis” of human relationships,
Chris Meger
There was a time when everything in my life was quantum. I had reached a level of understanding of the theory that was good enough to talk the talk, but poor enough to be completely unable to walk the walk. Having learned more since then, I have shut up about quantum theory for fear that someone expose me as a hapless dabbler. I really think, the author of this book should've taken that bit of advice. If you want to write a self help book, just do it, don't dress it up like something else...
Stephen
Apr 26, 2015 Stephen rated it it was amazing
I became aware of this book when it was prominently displayed on a bookshelf in the office of a psychiatrist on a forgettable TV series. It drew my attention. In trying to wrap my mind around the concepts of quantum physics, I became interested in if and how quantum physics informed my mind. I started reading the book but put it down wondering if its argument was rigorous enough. I went off and read other quantum related tomes. I came back to The Quantum Self satisfied with its plausibility.
"Onc
david blumenshine
Oct 28, 2012 david blumenshine rated it it was ok
disappointing, other than chapter 6
 Δx Δp ≥ ½ ħ
Orang Barat gengsi banget yak kalo ngakuin hal-hal yg berasal tradisi Timur? :D

buktinya, sepanjang isi buku ini, ngomong muter-muter, tapi intinya cuma beberapa:
- Alam semesta adalah proses transfer energi dari vakum kuantum ke vakum kuantum lain
- Ada dua bentuk energi : fermionik (individu) dan bosonik (kolektif)
- Kesadaran tertinggi adalah meleburnya kesadaran diri dan kesadaran alam semesta

hal2 di atas kan sebenernya dah ditemukan ratusan bahkan ribuan tahun lalu oleh Budha, Zen, Tao. ide yan
Kacper
Jul 14, 2015 Kacper rated it it was ok
This book doesn't make any sense to me. I read a self-help book for advice, and this one didn't do it for me. The only thing I liked is the Bertrand Russell quote about the meaningless of life ;-)
Ron Wood
Jan 18, 2013 Ron Wood rated it it was amazing
It is obvious that the mind and the material world are connected. I decide to move my arm and it moves. But what is the nature of the mind/matter interaction? Where is the interface between the two? Where better to look for these answers than at the quantum level? This is what TQS is about. How can it not be fascinating?
Waltznmatildah
Nov 13, 2011 Waltznmatildah rated it it was amazing
Absolutely eye opening! Zohar uses quantum theory to aptly explain the physical basis of consciousness. Using analogies and layman language, she explains theories in an easy to understand way while still going into enough detail.
Beautifully and engagingly written.
Cindy Barnes
May 01, 2012 Cindy Barnes rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite non-fiction books. Zohar seamlessly blends quantum physics, psychotherapy and spirituality into an every day guide for living your life. It is packed full of wisdom and as book I re-read every few years.
Tom
Nov 01, 2012 Tom marked it as to-read
Shelves: den-shelf-4, bedroom
p.58 quantum mechanical model comment from davud bohm...also read p. 57
Michel
May 09, 2010 Michel rated it it was ok
casi casi casi... didn't like it
Algunas cosas no me convencieron
Mariola
Dec 26, 2008 Mariola rated it it was amazing
So far illuminating,practical and insightful.
Josh Frandsen
Josh Frandsen rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Ferityuzer
Ferityuzer marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Jhonatan Jhones
Jhonatan Jhones marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Alexandre
Alexandre marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Ali M.
Ali M. marked it as to-read
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Emily Warfield
Emily Warfield marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Luna68
Luna68 marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Ceren
Ceren marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Leslie
Leslie added it
Jun 11, 2016
Michael Nalbone
Michael Nalbone rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Melody Kuschnereit
Melody Kuschnereit marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
  • An Elementary Textbook of Psychoanalysis
  • Seven Theories of Human Nature
  • Paul Gauguin: 1848-1903 the Primitive Sophisticate
  • The Cosmic Game: Explorations of the Frontiers of Human Consciousness (SUNY Series in Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology)
  • Ecology, Community and Lifestyle: Outline of an Ecosophy
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  • Rocks and Minerals
  • The Physics Of Consciousness: The Quantum Mind And The Meaning Of Life
  • When Religion Becomes Evil
  • Goethe, Kant and Hegel (Discovering the Mind 1)
  • Supersymmetry: Unveiling The Ultimate Laws Of Nature