Spontaneous (Jeffries, #3)

Spontaneous (Jeffries #3)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  891 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Kimani Cannon knows she's in trouble the second she lays eyes on 6'4" of luscious male. The best kind of trouble, too...mm-mmm! Duan Jeffries turns out to be the perfect man--charming, considerate...and the best lover she's ever had. Too bad Mr. Delicious is just a one-night stand....Until Kim needs a date to her mother's (fifth) wedding! Duan's willing to act the part of...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

Lady Raven RAVE!
This book to me was well written, I read a viewers comment that she didn't like it because within the first three pages they were having sex after all the book is called SPONTANEOUS that's ok if she didn't Care for that but I can tell those of you who haven't read the book yet it is good. I don't care that they had sex within the first couple of pages it was different and exciting and most importantly if the author can keep your interest after they have been intimate so quickly then the author h...more
Nikki
I don't usually read a lot of romance novels because they tend to lack substance and this one did not surprise me. This is the third Brenda Jackson romance novel that I've read, the others were Bachelor Unleashed and Temptation. In all 3 of those books, one or both of the main characters had some kind of relationship issue where they did not want a serious long-term relationship. They just wanted sex. The characters were either scorned by an ex or they both had parent abandonment/abuse issues an...more
Cris
Lá vem o negão, cheio de paixão!!...
Quem gosta dos gostosões cor de chocolate dos Westmoreland vai adorar esse livrinho! Tem um negão gostosão, cheio de amor pra dar e uma mocinha que adora "receber"! Os dois não se fazem de rogados e só no primeiro capítulo ja tem duas cenas pra lá de hots.

Depois a mocinha o convence a ir de "noivo" conhecer o mais novo futuro-marido da mamãe, pra ver se a família para de pegar no seu pé. E ele, que não é bobo nem nada, aceita!

O problema é que o futuro-marido d...more
Katie
I don't usually mind short stories. You get what you get with the length, but I couldn't connect with this one. The author told more than showed, the characters jumped into bed with each other with no lead up whatsoever. I'm not opposed to sex at the beginning, but geez, create ANY type of chemistry first between the characters or it doesn't fly. This one didn't for me.
Beverly
Jun 20, 2010 Beverly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance book readers
Shelves: kindle-book, romance
I enjoyed this book and even viewing the Kindle cover you knew this would be a hot book and lives on to the Blaze line. I enjoyed the story of Duan & Kim and how they grew to trust each other despite their fears. I look forward to reading the story line of the other partners in the Peachtree Private Investigative Firm.
Jaime
Jan 08, 2011 Jaime rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Boy, I always enjoy HQN books! And this one...*whew* fire extinguisher worthy!

Duan & Kim are the perfect couple. Both had the same views on life & love, they came from similar childhoods.

I enjoyed Spontaneous!
Tanya Mayes
Really good read. I enjoyed the story. Duane and Kim made a good couple. Love how Kim was a strong. woman who realize what she wanted and went out and got him
Christina
Brenda Jackson writes romance that sizzles and characters you fall in love with! I couldnt put this book down!
Magan
So i have to say this book was very Hot, a nice quick read. with lot of juicy sex scenes absolutely perfect !
Kaetrin
This was my first African American romance but I can't say that it read any differently to me. Kim (Kimani) is best friends with the Duan's brother. They're both attendants at the wedding and have been sending each other smouldering looks since they met at the engagement party. My first problem with the book was that they literally did not have a conversation until after they'd had sex twice - once during the wedding reception and again after it ended. Unless you count "my room number is..." as...more
Jessica Terry
This was a impulse purchase when I was doing one of my 'spontaneous' *wink* Kindle shopping sprees. One thing I love about Ms. Jackson (and one thing I can humbly say we have in common) is that we both love and believe in happy endings. Some might think of that as boring or unrealistic or whatever, but I totally disagree. I think of it as inspiring and uplifting and not wary of getting to the end. And that was the case in this book.

I read this book in a couple of days and it didn't take long fo...more
Jody
Spontaneous is an appropriate title for this story, as the two main character spontaneous combusts from the first page to the last. Add a bad guy suspected of murdering his first two wives with the case being reopened and at the, the PI and the nurse neither of which want a relationship and a happily ever after ending to make this a happy afternoon of romance reading.
Toni Glasscoe
Brenda Jackson is a true romantic. This is the story of Duan Jeffries & Kimmie Cannon and everything about their relationship is "spontaneous" . Despite their fake engagement, their true feelings emerge snd they take a chance on love, why not?
Kaitlyn Bates
This was a quick read. I'm not normally one to read romance novels, particularly Harlequin romance, but I wanted something quick and junky. This met both requirements. I would not have made it priority to read had I not been unable to sleep. I found it unbelievable (for obvious reasons), and I just did not feel as though they developed the characters well at all. I have only read two other Harlequin romances, however both of those had much more intriguing characters and a better plot. It really...more
LaTonya
This was a great read by Brenda Jackson. I absolutely LOVED Kim and Duan's story. I loved the fact that the action started at the beginning of the book and that Kim was experienced and knew exactly what she wanted. The story line was also great because it included a little bit of mystery and suspense that kept me reading to find out the truth about Edward Villarosas. Also, I can't finish this review without saying how much I loved all the steamy scenes between Kim and Duan; this was a really HOT...more
Angelia
SPONTANEOUS INDEED.......This story was HOT from cover to cover.....Kimani and Duan was made for each other their ideas on relationships was what they both thought they wanted until that first spontaneous night that brought them together...This is a romance read but so HOT that you would have to look at the cover again to make sure. Mrs. Jackson has created a VERY seductive and VERY sensual LOVE story that keeps you wanting more. Keep up the GREAT work Mrs. J.
Lavonda Talbert
Noone writes better desire on site books than Brenda Jackson. Duan Jeffries never married and not looking for that to be his future eyes Kimani Cannon across the room at his brother's wedding. Eyes lock, desire acknowledged and passion starts. Duan pretends to be Kimani's fiance while trying to solve a cold case from two years ago. While working together their sex only relationship turns into love and well the rest is history.
Shanae
I really liked this story! This has to be one of the best romance novels I've read from Brenda Jackson. Though typical in the relationship between the main characters, Kimani and Duan, the backdrop about Kimani's mother and Edward Villarosas was entertaining and helped me learn about the main characters. This novel makes me want to read more books from Jackson that aren't about the Westmorelands.
Shelly
I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and a good story. Was a little concerned in the beginning that it wasn't going to have a plot, based on the reviews that I had read. Wasn't the case. I liked how this fling accidentally turned into something more. Great romantic read!
Leah
When I need a good romance, I look to Miss Jackson. It was very steamy at times, but it wasn't some of her best work. I liked Duan and I liked Kim. I felt that there wasn't enough substance in the characters. I enjoyed the ride though! Thanks Brenda for such a great fantasy!
Jacki Johnson-wright
This is one of the first books that I read by Brenda Jackson, and I've been reading ever since. This story is one I read ever so often and love every time. They love list for each other, they need each other, want each other, but just don't know how. You'll enjoy every minute
Tamara
This book was a great read! I love reading about women who own who they are and are not affraid of their sexuality. And it's equally wonderful to see men who can handle that in their women. The storyline was excellent and the main characters were great.
Ericka
Nice happy ending is all I can say.. Well that and don't read this after the fifty shades of grey trilogy, because you may feel this is lacking excitement and doesn't flow smoothly or in a way that pulls you to want to read more.
gert
bah. the usual - neither h/h are looking for love and long term. yet, lo and behold, they find their perfect partner in each other. throw in a rather lame suspense aspect, and there you have it. saving grace: hot, hot sex. a lot of it.
Dorel
I love Brenda Jackson love books. This book's storyline is very hot & steamy. I loved the chemistry between Kim & Duan. I loved Kim's character. This book was definitely a good, short, story to read.
Ashley Mitchell
Good read

very typical harlequin book. left nothing to the imagination. first book I read from Brenda Jackson. I'm willing to give her another shot and hope for the best
Barb
Clearly thriller in all sense of the word. Good plot, good story line. Awesome love scenes. I've given this a 5 star. Ms. Jackson came through again.
Ladyacct
I thought it was a really good story, great likable characters and believable story line. MANY love scenes which detracted a bit from the story though.
Ladyamelia
Brenda Jackson definitely brought the heat with this one. Very enjoyable read from start to finish. And Duan was just yummy!
Sarah Sims
I read Slow Hands and was on a trashy romance kick and came across this one for almost nothing for Kindle. Entertaining.
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • Heated
  • Beyond Business
  • It Had to Be You
  • Recipe for Temptation
  • Midnight
  • Lessons From A Younger Lover

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando...more
More about Brenda Jackson...
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)