The Vampire Diaries: After Hours (The Vampire Diaries: Extras, #1.5)

The Vampire Diaries: After Hours (The Vampire Diaries #1.5)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,063 ratings  ·  40 reviews
This is a story about the first time that Bonnie met Damon—the real first time.
Published June 19th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Diaries

Harry Potter by J.K. RowlingThe Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerAdrian's Lost Chapter by Richelle Mead
Extras
17th out of 103 books — 86 voters
King Hall by Scarlett DawnVampire Academy by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadThe Scene by R.M. GilmoreSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Vampire Books that Are Way Better Than Twilight
73rd out of 197 books — 149 voters

More lists with this book...

Blaise
So, if you are trying to find this it is located here: http://www.ljanesmith.net/www/stories as a .pdf for free.

It's... disappointing and yet so Damon filled I must like it. Like bad fan-fic but... oh who cares! It's more Damon time. And it's in Fell's Church, and Bonnie is our little red head, and Damon is...

Ok, after sleeping on it I have decided this was actually terrible. They stripped everything I like about Damon away and left me with a really Emo Edward Cullen. Yeah, you didn't think Edw...more
Sarah A.
3.5 stars. I'd read anything that includes Damon.. He's one of my favorite vampires, and believe it or not, I do want him to like Bonnie instead of Elena!!!
Karina
Though Elena is yet to think she was the first to meet the Salvatore brothers, Bonnie was the first to meet Damon. Set about a year before the first book came out, Bonnie spent the night in her school library to work on a project when creatures of the night decided to target her. Just around the time her grandma revealed the secret of the family and their Druid decent. Damon saved her and they then enjoyed some time together. A very cute short story any Bamon shipper would enjoy. Who knows maybe...more
Victoria
This is an incredibly adorable, innocent little story that, after the slow beginning, had me in hysterics the whole entire time. I think I finally gained an appreciation for this other book-Damon (even though anyone would prefer TV Damon) - maybe because he's a lot more easy with his emotions and not so bent on Elena that he would ignore the situation. As it happens, TV-Damon would never react like this one did but that's what's so refreshing...
And I love the different Bonnie, simply because it...more
Clorissa Rene' Brown
I really enjoyed this and, plan on reading the other short Vampire Diaries stories. I love the Bonnie/Damon relationship, even though it's not touched on often because of his infatuation with Elena. (Here's to hoping we get more in the future) Also, some people have said that this couldn't of happened since we don't hear about it in the books. Well, I think you're wrong. He clearly influences her to forget in the end. Damon is full of secrets, so I believe, yes this could of happened and, I'd li...more
Katherine
I love this!

I'm a huge Bonnie and Damon fan so this is really awesome. Its short but it's really cute.

So, Bonnie is staying late at a library, some werewolves show up, Damon to the rescue. And yeah, I loved the interaction between them!

And being a Bamon fan it's so awesome he met Bonnie before Elena!
Charlotte
So cute! Bonnie and Damon are my OTP for these books and to read a short little story about them was nice. Bonnie is my favorite character although she is childish I find her sweet. I don't think LJ Smith is the most talented author out there but I'm a huge huge fan of her works.
Hannah Almond
Mishma Nixon
I've always liked the Bonnie-Damon pairing and have been one of the many who yearns for more.Even though it's not much,it's nice to read something that does not revolve around Elena and focus on Bonnie and Damon.
Stef
I loved this story, even though it was very short. I never really liked Bonnie as a character before but it definitely made me understand Damon's character more.
Jenny K
I dunno the exact date but whatever. I LOVE THIS STORY SOOOO MUCH! awww bonnie should be with damon! wait! NO! ELENA should be with damon! UGHH! I cant make up my mind!
Racquel
Annette
Interesting little story in which we actually already discover Damon's weaker side before the actual books show :D It's nice to have a closer look into his mind and it's nice to get to know Bonnie a bit more. And I like it how Smith puts little foreshadowing lines, timewise, in it :D But it's Bonnie and Damon...so therefore only 3 stars...and the beginning was a bit slow...it only became interesting after the first 14 pages...and that's halfway the story, so a bit late :P
⋆єммα⋆
I don't really like bonnie at all, so i didn't really like this story. i started not liking bonnie as soon as the entire bamon thing started, so theres another reason. I'm a delena fan, so in my mind bonnie is trying to steal elena's boyfriend thing. and i could vent for hours, but thats pointless, so my reviews end here.
btw, i know i don't include summaries in my reviews, sorry about that, but i suck at writing summaries, so i just review stuff.
Maud
This is one of my favorite Vampire Diaries short stories. It was fun and Damon is a whole lot different then what I'm used to see of him in the beginning of the series. Bonnie feels kinda weird, I'm used to the strong witch Bonnie from the tv show, not this frail little scared girl but I know that she will be all right. A very interesting story, and nice to see that Bonnie is more then miss goody two shoes.
Jovy
"I always say if its not worth gossiping about, it didn't happen in the first place." Damon to Bonnie

This story I liked! Great improvement from the other two short stories (Elena's Christmas and Blood will Tell) I've read - there is a lot of Damon in the story! I haven't read the book series but I'm a fan of the tv series.

If I'm reading this correctly, I think Damon likes Bonnie.
Amanda
Oh how I love Bonnie and Damon when the interact...
I LOVE how he refers to Bonnie as his little red bird. He looks after her and there is an underlying relationship that is hinted at being there but never confirmed or denied throughout the series.
I would have loved for these two to get together, but I doubt that will ever happen.
Serena
it was sweet. But if this happened I think it would have been mentioned somewhere before... And if he just didn't let Bonnie remember him then why let her remember being at the library at all? And wouldn't he have already crushed on her when he came to town and not Elena?? Still a cute story.
I was intrigued to find out what there first meeting was. However as I am not a huge fan of the vampire diaries I did find parts of this short story slightly confusing. I think that if I knew more about this series then I think I would have enjoyed it more
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
I only read this because it's Bonnie/Damon. I've come to love these two but this was less than I expected. Damon just needs to stop being hung up with Elena. He obviously cares more deeply for Boonie than Elena.
Mira Zarkov
It was... kinda nice. Not the best, but nice. Took me only about 2 hours or less to read it. Kinda associated with the series, but not everything makes sense. Anyway. It was interesting reading it.
Karla Mendoza
i don't like this couple, and she don't remmember anything abuout the date, is not fair to Bonnie, she deserves to know it, that fact could be emore interesting in the serie.
Mariana
Really short, and Bonnie was too naive. And that's saying something considering she is my favorite Vampire Diaries character.
Akanksha Saha
May 13, 2012 Akanksha Saha marked it as to-read
it seems really interesting, and i can't believe they have met before! now i really want to find out how the met :P
Yasmin
A short scene about Bonnie's rare accidentally adventure at school, and Damon has his own arrogant role in it.
Mollie
A cute little read that shows the meeting of Bonnie and Damon. Short sweet and very good.
Lena English
I like these characters, but this story didnt bring anything to the series as a whole. Oh well.
Brie
I actually enjoyed the shorts more than the actual books but that's not saying much.
Myra
Jun 03, 2011 Myra rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
A little dragy but not to bad. Liked seeing Damon's softer side I guess.
  • Love You to Death Season 2: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries
  • A Visitor�s Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries
  • Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)
  • Shelby's Journal (Fallen Shorts, #3.1)
  • No Such Thing as Immortality (No Such Thing, #1)
  • All Hallows (The Morganville Vampires, #6.5)
  • Eternal Flame (The Immortals, # 0.5)
  • Disenchanted (Darkest Powers, #2.5)
  • Tantalize: Kieren's Story
  • Passing (Crusade Short Story)
  • A Field Guide to Vampires: Annotated by Lucy Hamilton (Drake Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Love Bleeds (Blood and Snow, #9)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th...more
More about L.J. Smith...
The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9) Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6) Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1) Night World, No. 1 (Night World, #1-3)