Start by marking “The Vampire Diaries: After Hours (The Vampire Diaries: Extras, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Diaries: After Hours (The Vampire Diaries: Extras, #1.5)

The Vampire Diaries: After Hours (The Vampire Diaries #1.5)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,287 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
This is a story about the first time that Bonnie met Damon—the real first time.
Published June 19th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Diaries

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerAdrian's Lost Chapter by Richelle MeadShelby’s First Glimpse by Lauren Kate
Extras
17th out of 109 books — 88 voters
King Hall by Scarlett DawnVampire Academy by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadThe Scene by R.M. Gilmore
Vampire Books that Are Way Better Than Twilight
74th out of 205 books — 165 voters

More lists with this book...

Sarah A.
Nov 26, 2010 Sarah A. rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I'd read anything that includes Damon.. He's one of my favorite vampires, and believe it or not, I do want him to like Bonnie instead of Elena!!!
Blaise
Jun 24, 2011 Blaise rated it did not like it
Shelves: maybe, 1st-in-series
So, if you are trying to find this it is located here: http://www.ljanesmith.net/www/stories as a .pdf for free.

It's... disappointing and yet so Damon filled I must like it. Like bad fan-fic but... oh who cares! It's more Damon time. And it's in Fell's Church, and Bonnie is our little red head, and Damon is...

Ok, after sleeping on it I have decided this was actually terrible. They stripped everything I like about Damon away and left me with a really Emo Edward Cullen. Yeah, you didn't think Edw
Kushnuma
Sep 27, 2015 Kushnuma rated it liked it
A nice little story of when Bonnie first met Damon.
Karina
Jun 15, 2013 Karina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Though Elena is yet to think she was the first to meet the Salvatore brothers, Bonnie was the first to meet Damon. Set about a year before the first book came out, Bonnie spent the night in her school library to work on a project when creatures of the night decided to target her. Just around the time her grandma revealed the secret of the family and their Druid decent. Damon saved her and they then enjoyed some time together. A very cute short story any Bamon shipper would enjoy. Who knows maybe ...more
Victoria
Jan 31, 2012 Victoria rated it it was amazing
This is an incredibly adorable, innocent little story that, after the slow beginning, had me in hysterics the whole entire time. I think I finally gained an appreciation for this other book-Damon (even though anyone would prefer TV Damon) - maybe because he's a lot more easy with his emotions and not so bent on Elena that he would ignore the situation. As it happens, TV-Damon would never react like this one did but that's what's so refreshing...
And I love the different Bonnie, simply because it
Clorissa Rene' Brown
Feb 11, 2012 Clorissa Rene' Brown rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this and, plan on reading the other short Vampire Diaries stories. I love the Bonnie/Damon relationship, even though it's not touched on often because of his infatuation with Elena. (Here's to hoping we get more in the future) Also, some people have said that this couldn't of happened since we don't hear about it in the books. Well, I think you're wrong. He clearly influences her to forget in the end. Damon is full of secrets, so I believe, yes this could of happened and, I'd li ...more
Carly Comtois
Jan 21, 2015 Carly Comtois rated it liked it
Before I Read the Book...

I don't see why this is such an important in-between story unless Damon and Bonnie get together in the next book...

Summary of the Story

This is the story of how Damon and Bonnie really met for the first time. (view spoiler)
Kat
Jan 13, 2014 Kat rated it it was amazing
I love this!

I'm a huge Bonnie and Damon fan so this is really awesome. Its short but it's really cute.

So, Bonnie is staying late at a library, some werewolves show up, Damon to the rescue. And yeah, I loved the interaction between them!

And being a Bamon fan it's so awesome he met Bonnie before Elena!
Charlotte
Jul 30, 2011 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
So cute! Bonnie and Damon are my OTP for these books and to read a short little story about them was nice. Bonnie is my favorite character although she is childish I find her sweet. I don't think LJ Smith is the most talented author out there but I'm a huge huge fan of her works.
Hannah Almond
Jan 19, 2014 Hannah Almond rated it really liked it
Mishma
Dec 29, 2015 Mishma rated it really liked it
I've always liked the Bonnie-Damon pairing and have been one of the many who yearns for more.Even though it's not much,it's nice to read something that does not revolve around Elena and focus on Bonnie and Damon.
Stef
Oct 10, 2011 Stef rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, even though it was very short. I never really liked Bonnie as a character before but it definitely made me understand Damon's character more.
Jenny K
I dunno the exact date but whatever. I LOVE THIS STORY SOOOO MUCH! awww bonnie should be with damon! wait! NO! ELENA should be with damon! UGHH! I cant make up my mind!
Kendra
Oct 26, 2015 Kendra rated it did not like it
Giving this 1 star is me being forcibly generous, because we can't rate things less than that.

I'm a Damon/Bonnie shipper so I was glad to have stumbled upon this.

But then I read it, and I was not glad at all. This was terrible. It read like really, really bad fanfiction, and I'm of the opinion that the author should not write anything ever again.
Racquel
Jan 12, 2012 Racquel rated it really liked it
Jordyn Evans
Dec 19, 2015 Jordyn Evans rated it really liked it
Damon slid the fainting girl carefully into a chair. Head injuries could be dangerous and might interfere with her ability to admire him.
Renée
Feb 01, 2015 Renée rated it did not like it
Interpunctie zou wel fijn zijn in dit verhaal, en een iets interessantere setting ook. Het was wel oké.
Sarah Goodner
Jun 19, 2015 Sarah Goodner rated it it was ok
Shelves: series
An unedited little piece that answers a simple, "What if?"
J-rose
I really love Bonnie in this series but Damon likes Elena.
Soraya
Sep 23, 2015 Soraya rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed it
Annette
Mar 10, 2013 Annette rated it liked it
Interesting little story in which we actually already discover Damon's weaker side before the actual books show :D It's nice to have a closer look into his mind and it's nice to get to know Bonnie a bit more. And I like it how Smith puts little foreshadowing lines, timewise, in it :D But it's Bonnie and Damon...so therefore only 3 stars...and the beginning was a bit slow...it only became interesting after the first 14 pages...and that's halfway the story, so a bit late :P
Maud
Nov 01, 2011 Maud rated it liked it
This is one of my favorite Vampire Diaries short stories. It was fun and Damon is a whole lot different then what I'm used to see of him in the beginning of the series. Bonnie feels kinda weird, I'm used to the strong witch Bonnie from the tv show, not this frail little scared girl but I know that she will be all right. A very interesting story, and nice to see that Bonnie is more then miss goody two shoes.
Jovy
Jun 20, 2013 Jovy rated it really liked it
"I always say if its not worth gossiping about, it didn't happen in the first place." Damon to Bonnie

This story I liked! Great improvement from the other two short stories (Elena's Christmas and Blood will Tell) I've read - there is a lot of Damon in the story! I haven't read the book series but I'm a fan of the tv series.

If I'm reading this correctly, I think Damon likes Bonnie.
Amanda
Dec 29, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Oh how I love Bonnie and Damon when the interact...
I LOVE how he refers to Bonnie as his little red bird. He looks after her and there is an underlying relationship that is hinted at being there but never confirmed or denied throughout the series.
I would have loved for these two to get together, but I doubt that will ever happen.
Serena
Jan 06, 2011 Serena rated it really liked it
it was sweet. But if this happened I think it would have been mentioned somewhere before... And if he just didn't let Bonnie remember him then why let her remember being at the library at all? And wouldn't he have already crushed on her when he came to town and not Elena?? Still a cute story.
Feb 21, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 3-star, romance
I was intrigued to find out what there first meeting was. However as I am not a huge fan of the vampire diaries I did find parts of this short story slightly confusing. I think that if I knew more about this series then I think I would have enjoyed it more
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
I only read this because it's Bonnie/Damon. I've come to love these two but this was less than I expected. Damon just needs to stop being hung up with Elena. He obviously cares more deeply for Boonie than Elena.
Mira Zarkov
Mar 10, 2011 Mira Zarkov rated it liked it
It was... kinda nice. Not the best, but nice. Took me only about 2 hours or less to read it. Kinda associated with the series, but not everything makes sense. Anyway. It was interesting reading it.
  • Love You to Death Season 2: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries
  • No Such Thing as Immortality
  • 100% The Vampire Diaries: The Unofficial Guide To The Vampire Diaries
  • Tantalize: Kieren's Story
  • Lost Girls (Drake Chronicles, #0.5)
  • A Visitor's Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries
  • Old Habits (Wicked Lovely, #2.6)
  • All Hallows (The Morganville Vampires, #6.6)
  • Eternal Flame (The Immortals, # 0.5)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade #0.5; Nightshade World #3.5)
  • Shelby's Journal (Fallen Shorts, #3.1)
  • A Vampire's Tale (Forbidden Alliance, #2)
  • Initiation: The School of Exorcists (YA paranormal romance and adventure, Book 1)
  • Paranoia (The Witches of Santa Anna, #11)
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...

The Vampire Diaries (4 books)
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #2)
  • The Fury (The Vampire Diaries, #3)
  • Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #4)