Start by marking “Tactical Pleasure (Men of S.W.A.T., # 1)” as Want to Read:
Tactical Pleasure (Men of S.W.A.T., # 1)

Tactical Pleasure (Men of S.W.A.T. #1)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  273 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Tactical Pleasure J. C. Wilder "Book 1 in the Men of S.W.A.T. series. " Police Officer and S.W.A.T. team sniper John Stephens has the hots for the luscious Miranda White. She's sexy and curvy in all the right places, and John has heated fantasies of tearing her polyester waitress uniform from her lush body and showing her what handcuffs were really meant for. Though Randa ...more
Published February 16th 2005 by Ellora's Cave

Perfection by R.L. MathewsonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonReasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by Becca AnnBet Me by Jennifer CrusieOn the Plus Side by Tabatha Vargo
Sexy Curves
126th out of 421 books — 385 voters
Night Play by Sherrilyn KenyonScent of a Mate by Milly TaidenBeast by Pepper PaceBig Girls Do It Better by Jasinda WilderDoctor's Delight by Angela Verdenius
Best BBW Plus-Size Heroine Romance Books
36th out of 145 books — 134 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa
Dec 23, 2015 Melissa rated it did not like it
I quit... He's been fucking everything that moves and she's had to see if. She's all "i'm so unexperienced"

She goes to go on a date and he's all pissy about it when he's been fucking everything. Home about go fuck your self.
Auntee
Jan 12, 2010 Auntee rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic novellas featuring plus-sized gals
Not a bad short story--the characters were likable and fun loving, there were some funny moments in the book, the writing was enjoyable enough, there were some steamy, sexy moments, but...I got the feeling that although this is the first book in the series called Men of S.W.A.T, that somehow I was reading the second book. Characters (mostly cops and Miranda's sister) popped in and it was almost as if I should've known who they were and a little about their pasts, but that wasn't the case. The au ...more
Charlotte Villette
 photo Untitled..._zpsxsz7okht.jpg
 photo Untitled_zpsspjjcvvf.jpg
Miranda (Or Randa as everyone calls her) is a curvaceous waitress in her family's diner which the local police always frequent, this is where she knows the town's playboy John. She has always fancied him, but has never wanted to do anything about it, because of his reputation and she didn't want to be another notch on his gun belt.
John has had his eye on Miranda since the minute he saw her, he has hinted to her that they should be together, but she has n
Mary
Dec 12, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Randa has lusted after John ever since she started working in her aunt's diner. Pouring her heart and soul into making the diner a success once again, she's hasn't dated anyone in a long time and crossing the friendship line with some of the customers is not something she wants to do, even if Johnny is sex on a stick.

Johnny has a reputation as a serial dater and Randa is looking for a long term romance and she doesn't want t
Ruthie Taylor
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is an enjoyable quick read, about friends who realise there should be a whole lot more to their relationship. I love some of the scenes, when they don't get quite what they were expecting! We are thrown into quite a significant community with lots of characters very quickly, which feels a bit rushed - and then have some lovely languid scenes which are delicious. The ending was sudden and unexpected, but as the first
Eva Millien
Miranda White needs a date for an upcoming retirement dinner but if she has anything to say about it, it won’t be the notorious bad boy no matter how big of a crush she has on him in this riveting contemporary romance.

John definitely has something to say about it and the reader can’t help but enjoy the delightfully steamy romance as Miranda makes John forget that the one thing a police officer may not have is time. The chemistry is sizzling and the romance is sweet with some excitement thrown in
Silvia Drascall
Sep 14, 2015 Silvia Drascall rated it it was ok
good against insomnia ...
Heidi
Jul 02, 2016 Heidi rated it liked it
This book is a Quick read with some sweet and super sexy characters. John and Miranda were sizzling hot. and as an extra added plus there are a load of other cops to get to know they also hold possibilities for more books.
Dec 25, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
ARC received for review

Quick read with some sweet characters. John and Miranda were really hot. Plus there are a lot of other great cops to get to know.
Gizzie
Jun 17, 2016 Gizzie rated it liked it
This was a sweet adult romance with a few humorous moments.
Gwyn Plummer
Dec 31, 2015 Gwyn Plummer rated it really liked it
Swat Team sniper John Stephens has been longing for waitress Miranda White for months. She feels the same way about him. What’s standing in their way? His reputation as a womanizer. As sexy as he is – and as horny as she is- that’s not enough to ignore the fact that she doesn’t want to become just another conquest.

From the first sentence, I was all in. The writing is very good, and the dialogue is very entertaining. Wilder has very vivid descriptions, and I was totally drawn into the story. The
Jacque
John Stephens, S.W.A.T. team sniper. Miranda White, waitress. They've both secretly have had the hots for each other but he's got a rep for being a lady's man and she doesn't want to be another notch on his gun holster. She needs a date for a upcoming party, and he's none too happy of who she chooses to take. A hot kiss and a pool are all it takes to have her changing her mind.

Short and sweet. That's the prefect description for Tactical Pleasure. I had this book read in a hour and it was quite
Lynn Brooks
Jan 28, 2016 Lynn Brooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 STARS!

This was a short, sexy read. There's not a huge storyline, but what's there is fun. Their chemistry is hot!

Miranda White is friendly with all of the cops that hang out at the diner she runs with her sister, but there's something special about John. She's crushed on him since she first met him, but she doesn't want to be another notch on his post and the newest Flavor of the Month on his long list of women.

John Stephens has the hots for Randa as well. He would love to get his hands on
Tracie Runge
Nov 27, 2015 Tracie Runge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgally
I loved Tactical Pleasure by J C Wilder it had its hooks in me from the first page and I can only hope that there are many more books to read in this series.

Miranda White has had the hots for S.W.A.T sniper John Stevens since the day he walked into her diner. Only problem was so did most of the other women in town and Miranda didn’t want to be just another hook up.

John Stevens is good at his job he doesn’t miss, pity the same thing can’t be said about his personal life. John has a bit of a repu
Momma Hellmouth
My Review of Tactical Pleasures by J.C. Wilder
My Rating 3.5 Stars

This story line was awesome, and we were given a BBW in a great short story.
Miranda and Johnny’s story I would have loved to watch the characters grow some and the story progress a bit slower. However I did enjoy their little romp of a whirlwind romance and will look forward to more from this author.
*I was privileged to receive an ARC from J.C. Wilder via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*
**Reviewer for Hellmouth’s Bookblo
Cindylisse
Jun 01, 2015 Cindylisse rated it really liked it
Una dulce y divertida corta historia... fácil dr leer....
Tina
Jul 08, 2015 Tina rated it it was amazing
Sweet and sexy. A fun read.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I really liked this story, just wish it would have been longer, it's a very short read.

There was so much between Rand and John, but it was a rushed romance, however, it was funny and a really good read. I would have given it a 4, possibly 5 if it would've been longer.
Lili
Dec 14, 2011 Lili rated it it was amazing
Very sweet, it's a short story with a happy ever after and some hot sex in the middle.
I liked the characters and want to read more about the other officers.
Of course, since it's a short story, it all was rushed but overall it was good.
Mspink
May 15, 2010 Mspink rated it really liked it
Cute story. Likeable characters all around. Sweet and romantic. But too short. Could have been even better. But I still enjoyed it. Hot love scenes too. Love that alpha male!
Karla
Aug 31, 2011 Karla rated it liked it
Short, hot and sort of fun.
Clara
Clara rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Jro
Jro marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Dmspringer
Dmspringer marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Pamela Barber
Pamela Barber rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2016
Cc
Cc marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Maurely Basilio
Maurely Basilio rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
New Release In JC Wilder's Men Of SWAT Series 1 4 Sep 21, 2010 09:35AM
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
  • Unmasking Kelly (Courage Brothers of Texas, #Prequel)
  • Summer Nights
  • The Fall Of Troy
  • Reunion
  • Carnally Ever After (Ever After Novellas #1)
  • Texas Curves
  • Wounded Hearts
  • Holly-Day
  • Love's Learning Curves (Wolf’s Seduction #3)
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family Series, #2)
  • Wizard's Chance (The Realm, #1)
  • Double Plush Velvet (Velvet, #1)
  • Male Call  (Hot Zone #1)
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Persuading Prudence
  • Warlord
  • Second Chances
194111
J.C. Wilder left the world of big business to carry on conversations with the people who live in her mind, fictional characters that is. In her past she has worked as a software tester, traveled with an alternative rock band and currently volunteers for her local police department as a photographer. She lives in Central Ohio with 6,000 books and an impressive collection of dust bunnies.

Also writes
More about J.C. Wilder...

Men of S.W.A.T. (4 books)
  • Tactical Maneuver (Men of S.W.A.T., #2)
  • Kissing Cowboy (Men of S.W.A.T., #3)
  • Loving Ranger (Men of S.W.A.T. #4)