Start by marking “Woman, Thou Art Loosed! the Novel” as Want to Read:
Woman, Thou Art Loosed! the Novel

Woman, Thou Art Loosed! the Novel

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  3,750 ratings  ·  106 reviews
The novel based on the major motion picture Her name is Michelle. As a child she called her grandma mama, her mother by her first name, and her mother's boyfriends Uncle. She grew up fast with too many men, too many strangers, and too many betrayals. Lost and sentenced to a private hell of abuse, addiction, poverty, and crime, Michelle has now been given a second chance to ...more
Published September 7th 2004 by Berkley (first published August 1st 1993)

This was a wonderful book by christian author and Bishop T.D. Jakes. It is a story of a couple who seem to have everything; good careers, faith, and good friends within their church. However, when their daughter goes missing everything is in question and painful pasts get revealed. It is a book about hope, regrets,and learning to forgive through faith.
This book was okay. I read the 20th anniversary edition and watched the video clips at the beginning of each chapter. I remember someone giving my mom this book as a gift when I was little. I'd heard so much about it since then that I just knew it was a book every christian woman needed to read. I was disappointed. I have never been a T.D. Jakes fan so I was kind of skeptical about reading it but since it is so well known I decided to make this my first T.D. Jakes read.

This book was all over th
Havebooks Willread
I know I've probably been living under a rock or something, but I don't know anything about the author, T.D. Jakes. And I will concede that my reading of this novel is my sole exposure to the man or his teaching. But I've come away from it thinking "Wow! We might be getting a little mixed up as to who we are worshiping here! It's good to use God-given gifts in spreading the Word, but we need to be careful we are pointing people to the Savior and the cross. We need to not get the messenger in the ...more

Woman Thou Art Loose! Wow, T.D. Jakes exposes the truth behind the struggles of everyday women. I love the mysterious tone in which he writes this story. However, while being mysterious he still keeps the reader in tune to what is going on through clues and hints without actually saying what is wrong. His writing in here has a feel of a poetic flow.

Jakes speaks on a young woman that was raped by her step father, imprisoned, and lost. This story speaks volumes on issues that women are not ready
This a book that surprised me a great deal. I didn'r expect to be so enlightened as I was. It speaks to the heart of a woman, how we live, the hurts, the expectations we put on ourselves and what the Lord expects of us. The voice of the writer is direct, interesting and continually surprised me because although the writer is a man of God, but he is still a man, speaking to a womans heart. The book takes the wounds, or broken heart, or dashed expectation, or lost innocents, or whatever pain you m ...more
It was a good, quick read, but nothing life changing for me. I don't like how Bishop TD Jakes has himself as a character in the book, that seemed pompous. In this case, I can say I liked the movie better, but the book is great to read bc you can get in the character's headspace.
I did learn something about myself though and it is that I'm nowhere near as close to God as I wish I were. My faith would have been much like Michelle's, and it pisses me off that a molester can give his sins to God in t
Mar 25, 2008 Tanaya rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women..but also men
Recommended to Tanaya by: My Aunt
Wow. I can usually read a book in a day; this one took me a few days because it touched very sensitive areas in my heart. This book is a powerful tool to help women realize that God intends for us to live a life free from shame of our past..victorious in His promise.
Terri Carle
This book brings healing to your hurt, damaged degraded, torn down, shattered self image, self esteem and soul. It is like God helps TD Jakes look right into your hurt and see what caused that pain. you need to read if you have hurt in your life. in your past.
Tanya Simon
I found the book to be well-written and full of useful information, but it did not connect with me. I enjoy hearing Bishop Jakes preach and I love his movies, but I have not found myself in any of them yet. I do recommend reading it, this might be the book that leads you to a breakthrough and frees you from all the junk of this life and all the baggage we lug around from the past. Enjoy!
Seso Tom
I could only mostly relate when I was going through the healing process after a terrible heartache. I would highly recommend it for anyone who is going through pain.
Alissa Winburn
When I first saw this book I wasn’t sure I was going to like it but from the beginning Michelle’s story intrigued me so I kept reading. I liked how the author would use flashbacks from her talking to the Reverend to when she was little and then jump to when she had got out of jail the first time. I really liked how the author wanted Michelle, the main character to have someone that loved and cared for her even though she pushed them away. I enjoyed the way the author made the character relatable ...more
I enjoyed TD Jakes inspirational words. It changed my life for the better and improved my self image. It made me ask why of myself?
Natasha Connally
I enjoyed much of what T.D. Jakes had to say. But I kind of got the feeling that this book was written for a slightly older demographic.
Conquering Lioness
Heather Cottrell
T.D. Jakes touches on practically every area where a woman might be wounded. Very healing. Read slowly and prayerfully.
great book...all womens should read it...I have over many of times...and I Love it much!

Joy kekae
S. Sloan
I love T.D. Jakes. This book was awesome and so was the movie.
If I could read only 3 or 4 books in my lifetime, this would be one of them, hands down!

Written in an uncomplicated but heartfelt style, this book heals. It starts healing within the first few pages. You can feel the balm of Gilead spreading within you as you read. In succinct phrases, T.D. Jakes delivers the love of God the Father to the wounded and bound woman. With that love you will be loosed from whatever prison holds you captive. I doubt that there is another book written quite like this o
My God-Sister gave me this book to read and i loved it from front to back!!!

Let Go of the past, regardles of the circumstance!!!

Let Go and Let God, is what i try to live by but it's easier said than done. T.D. Jakes definitely has a knack for relating to people, then again, he has been Blessed by the Lord where he speaks thru him and its done in such a way that it gives you a sense of pure Love and this book does the same!!!

I recommend it to every woman and man!!!

A perfect read!!!
Goddess Alicia
I use this book periodically now and then. It was an intricate part in my healing process and understanding what I was going through. God is always a big part of my life and Jakes intricately fused the Lords teachings with very specific obstacles any survivor of sexual abuse must face on a day to day basis. I love that he makes all his references from the bible and speaks to the soul of the pain. Can never get tired of revisiting these powerful movements that heal your soul.
This book has opened my eyes not only about who I am and my womanhood but it has shed so much light on other females in my life, especially my mother! I enjoyed reading this book. One important aspect for me was that I had to read this book in increments because it touched me so deeply. I would recommend this book to any woman who wants to look past her PAST and know that God has!!! I will be looking into purchasing the "Woman Thou Art Loosed Bible".
Rena Maureen
I have read only some of this book as it spoke volumes to me at a time I was not ready to deal with certain aspects of my life.
For any woman who has suffered abuse in any way this book is a beautiful writing of understanding the love and healing offered by the Lord. Jesus understood the woman at the well. he understands what we have gone through and still calls us precious.
Oct 08, 2008 Jeneah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people needing encouragement
what starts as a marred life, turns into a life beginning to heal. bishop td jakes surprised me with his storytelling abilities. as heavy as the material is, it is a pretty easy and fast read. although i will say, the movie did not meet my expectations after reading this. still a beautiful story of God's love and healing powers.
I read this in high school... and while I remember liking it okay, it wasn't a fav of mine. Granted, this could be an unfair review because I typically hate being told what to read (I like reading books that suit my fancy at the time). So maybe I'll reread this later on, and see if it grabs me.
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
A spectacular book written for any woman who has had hurt, betrayal, abuse and ridicule in her life. T.D. Jakes has an extraordinary insight into the hearts of women and this book brings God's hope and restoration to the broken. One of my all time favourite Christian books.
Tebogo Mmoloke
At times we are raised under negative circumstances we cannot change or control. It is tough to change from a situation you were raised under, it is through acceping Christ in your life,by giving your life completely over to God, that we can cahnge our past.
This is a great book! Bishop Jakes tells this fictional story of these women who of course represent women in real life. Their stories help you to see your wounds, or your broken heart, that maybe you weren't aware was there. Pick this book up.
  • Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer Is Right Under Your Nose
  • The God Chasers: "My Soul Follows Hard After Thee"
  • No More Sheets: The Truth about Sex
  • Amplified Bible
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • Good Morning, Holy Spirit
  • Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven & Earth
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
  • It's Not about Me: Rescue from the Life We Thought Would Make Us Happy
  • Sassy, Single, & Satisfied
  • The Bait Of Satan: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense
  • The Power of a Praying Woman
  • A Divine Revelation of Heaven
  • Secrets of the Vine: Breaking Through to Abundance
  • The Bondage Breaker
Bishop T.D. Jakes is the author of the bestsellers God's Leading Lady; The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord; Maximize the Moment; The Great Investment; His Lady; Woman, Thou art Loosed (the film of which won the Best Film Award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival) and He-Motions. His daily morning show The Potter's Touch and weekly broadcast The Potter's House air on Trinity Broadcasting Network and Bl ...more
More about T.D. Jakes...

“The brilliance of morning is in sharp contrast with the darkness of night" - Woman thou art loosed” 17 likes
“A church that focuses on the external has lost its passion for souls.” 2 likes