Start by marking “Vanished” as Want to Read:
Vanished

Vanished

A terrorist bombing. A rogue experiment. A community vanished. Who will save them now? In a series that blends the urgent action of the Left Behind books with the alluring weirdness of the television show Lost, this first book opens with a terrorist bombing that combines with a rogue underground experiment to rip a clovershaped section of the working-class city of Barceste ...more
Published March 18th 2009 by Realms (first published August 7th 2007)

Todd Greene
Feb 12, 2008 Todd Greene rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adults, teens
When I learned that Kathryn Mackel had a new novel out I was excited and had to snatch my copy as quick as I could get my hands on it. I love stories like this that are reminiscent of others like The Mist, I Am Legend and TV shows like Jericho and Lost. People isolated with only themselves to work their way out of whatever got them in this situation in the first place.

Several things come together to isolate the town of Barcester from the outside world. A terrorist bombing and a strange experimen
Nora St Laurent
Sep 14, 2008 Nora St Laurent rated it really liked it
This book starts out describing the events that happen after a bombing. The author has broken down the events of this book into hours. The first section is named “The First Hour” (of course it is!) What do the police and federal agents do immediately after a bombing has occurred? This is a post 911 book. References are made to that event and how things are done differently now. The book is suspenseful and Kathryn develops about 5 main characters all of which have their own drama’s happening in t ...more
Alyssa Greatbanks
May 15, 2014 Alyssa Greatbanks rated it it was ok
I will start off saying that when I got this book I did not know it was Christian Fiction, it was not listed as and I did not find out until after I started the book. I am not against this, but I find that a lot of Christian Fiction books resolve plot issues with the characters finding God, and as someone who enjoys a good story I dislike the hasty resolutions like that.

I have to say though, this book does exactly that. The book ends with the main characters at a church praying for God to help t
Margaret Chind
Jan 15, 2008 Margaret Chind rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Science type personas that like a realistic fantasy
Recommended to Margaret by: www.christianfictionreview.com and Christian Science Fiction & F

Vanished is not my cup of tea. I read fifteen chapters (not even a quarter through) and it did not perk my interest, but that is not to say that it would not perk yours. Right now, I'm still feisty when it comes to Christian Science Fiction and Fantasy, and Speculative Fiction. Many times I find books that are fabulous and I cannot get enough of, but sometimes there is too much of reality and science for me. My reason that I read, be a good one or not - it is still mine, is to escape reality. I
Holly
Dec 05, 2016 Holly rated it really liked it
Bizarre! I enjoyed it but it was definitely different than my normal read. I do like the author's style in this book.

Dana Burkey
Mar 15, 2014 Dana Burkey rated it did not like it
Although I did not hate this book....I cannot give it a good rating knowing that there is not another in the series! Nothing was resolved at all!!! I was so excited to track down this book after a few years since reading it, but it was useless when I learned there is STILL nothing after this book to tie up the MANY loos ends....
Debbie
Jul 23, 2014 Debbie rated it liked it
Very interesting plot of bombs, terrorist attacks, mystery combined with a little sci-fy. It was written in 2007 and is the first in a series. The surprise is that there are no other books in the series!! It leaves all the characters still on the midst of the danger.
Kevin
Jan 03, 2008 Kevin rated it liked it
The book was hard to get into and stay with, but once you get into it, you want to know how things are going to work out. Multiple subplots and people to keep track of.
Angie
Nov 03, 2011 Angie rated it it was ok
I read this entire book only to get to an ending that totally stinks! No resolution whatsoever. Everything is left hanging in the balance. Ugh! Awful ending ruined this book for me.
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2012
Heather Yunck
Heather Yunck rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Darbi Tidwell
Darbi Tidwell rated it liked it
May 29, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2012
Pamela Browning
Pamela Browning rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2014
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2009
Pamela Walter
Pamela Walter rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Karen Linton
Karen Linton rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2015
Sandy Cathcart
Sandy Cathcart rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Eric Wilson
Eric Wilson rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2010
Kelle Fraser
Kelle Fraser rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2012
Ba
Ba rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2011
Christina Goodison
Christina Goodison rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
K.Denae
K.Denae rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2012
Natosha Ann Locken
Natosha Ann Locken rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2015
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2014
Meredith Cottrell
Meredith Cottrell rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2011
Holli
Holli rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Wendi
Wendi rated it liked it
May 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
What's The Name o...: Christian Book Store version of "Under The Dome" [s] 6 55 Mar 20, 2014 10:41PM
As a screenwriter (writing as Kathy Mackel), Kathryn Mackel has worked for Disney, Fox, and Showtime. She’s famous with the kids for the Disney movie Can of Worms. She was the credited screenwriter for Frank Peretti's Hangman's Curse (with Stan Foster) and part of the story team for Left Behind: The Movie.
More about Kathryn Mackel...