Start by marking “Johnny Delgado: Private Detective” as Want to Read:
Johnny Delgado: Private Detective

Johnny Delgado: Private Detective (Johnny Delgado: Private Detective )

3.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
When Johnny Delgado decided to become a private detective, it seemed like such a good idea at the time. But when you live in a council estate as rough as his, things soon become a little too interesting. He soon finds himself out of his depth and in big trouble.
Paperback, Dyslexia Friendly
Published February 1st 2006 by Barrington Stoke (first published January 22nd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Johnny Delgado, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny Delgado

Bruce Gargoyle
I received a copy of this title from Allen & Unwin for review.

Ten Second Synopsis:

Johnny lives in North Tower of an estate with his mum, after his dad - a policeman - was killed in a botched drug raid. Hoping to make it as a private detective, Johnny will stop at nothing to find out the truth, particularly when it involves his family, but in doing so, will put those he loves in danger.

For a high interest/low reading level YA offering, this is a remarkably engaging and suspenseful book. Despi
Sherry Thompson
Apr 01, 2013 Sherry Thompson rated it liked it
Johnny Delgado, who wants to be a detective, finally has his first case. A really hot girl has paid him $50 to find out if her boyfriend, Lee Kirk, is cheating on her. Upon taking the job, Johnny realizes he has broken two of the three rules he has set for himself. His rules are simple. Rule #1: Never get involved with relationship problems; Rule #2: Never get involved with local gangs; and Rule #3: Never get involved with the police. He has now broken rules one and two. Still, he has agreed to ...more
Kevin Lin
May 06, 2013 Kevin Lin rated it liked it
Johnny Delgado Private Detective Lerner Publishing Group, Inc., 2006, 81 pp., $6.95
Kevin Brooks ISBN 978-1-78112-115-3

Johnny Delgado, a private detective, just accepted a case with the biggest and most troublesome gang member in his neighborhood, Lee Kirk. When two beautiful girl ends up in his house just to ask him on to the case, he couldn’t resist it, who could? After finally waking up, Johnny realized the problems at hand. He’s in big trouble.

A mystery detective piece, Johnny Delgado Privat
St Stephen's C C
Johnny wants to be a detective, and he's got it all figured out. So what is he to do when two of the most beautiful girls in the world give him a job to investigate? Investigate it of course. But quickly things spin out of Johnny's control, and he gets tangled up with the local gangs. Can he work out how he's ended up in this mess?
Ema-Lilly Dream
I don't really know what I think of this book. It's...short. and not in a good way. I picked up this book expecting a short simple mystery. It's not. Not even close. This book is so short, it's not even a novella, it's a short story. There's no character development, world building, or really...anything. the one thing that was good about this book was the voice. The voice was unique, and pretty well done.
Overall I'm glad it only took me a half of an hour to read, otherwise it would have been a
AryThePotato
Nov 02, 2015 AryThePotato rated it it was amazing
best book ever!
Calvin
Nov 03, 2011 Calvin rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I enjoyed reading this book. I like mystery books because you never really know whats gonna happen next. During this book they made me feel confused but at the end they put all the pieces back together and had a surprise ending. This book was about a young boy named Johnny who wanted to be a spy. His first mission was so get some information on the runner up for head gangster but gets framed of killing the head gangster and ends up getting into some serious trouble.
Lakith K
Jun 18, 2012 Lakith K rated it liked it
The flow of the story is good but sadly Johnny Delgado isn't much of a detective. As he doesn't even know much about the people around him, however his girlfriend's brother seems to be the real Detective in the story. Well for me its more of a tragedy than a detective story. However the book it self is good. Sorry if this spoiled your curiosity.
Lavabearian (Jessica)
Easy to read, easy to follow, jumps right in. The ending leaves the reader wanting a sequel to find out if Johnny is able to avenge his father. While I don't think this is the best book on the list, it is worth recognizing. A YES vote for me.
Sarah Dean
This book wasn't what I usually go for but it looked intresting and in the end I was glad I read it. Johnny gets set up for murder by gang leader Lee and must be quick witted to reveal the truth.
Great book, well written and told.
Ellen
May 28, 2013 Ellen rated it really liked it
Good easy to read mystery that would be a great read aloud for a class.

Chelsea Lewis
Jun 18, 2013 Chelsea Lewis rated it it was ok
Very short, fast read. Too predictable.
Ryan
Ryan is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2016
Barbara White
Barbara White marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Chyna
Chyna marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Fooxyx
Fooxyx marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Laura added it
Apr 23, 2016
Cassidy
Cassidy marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
jshesman
jshesman rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Lisa Hood
Lisa Hood rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Erika Martinez
Erika Martinez marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Jenny-Anne
Jenny-Anne rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Jacque
Jacque marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Alyssa Kremin
Alyssa Kremin marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Mean Ghuryl
Mean Ghuryl marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
K Dufficy
K Dufficy marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Maritza
Maritza marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Did you know this book was for reluctant readers when you started it? 1 3 Dec 04, 2012 05:59AM
Kevin Brooks was born in 1959 and grew up in Exeter, Devon, England. He studied Psychology and Philosophy at Birmingham, Aston University in 1980 and Cultural Studies in London in 1983. Kevin Brooks has been in a variety of jobs including: musician, gasoline station attendant, crematorium handyman, civil service clerk, hot dog vendor at the London Zoo, post office clerk, and railway ticket office ...more
More about Kevin Brooks...

Johnny Delgado: Private Detective (2 books)
  • Johnny Delgado: Like Father, Like Son