Start by marking “Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife (Pregnant Brides, #2) (Modern Romance, #931)” as Want to Read:
Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife (Pregnant Brides, #2) (Modern Romance, #931)

Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife (Pregnant Brides, #2) (Pregnant Brides #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  825 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Russian billionaire Sergei Antonovich was famous for being knee-deep in stunning supermodels and aspiring actresses. But not one was suitable bride material. Would he ever grant his aging babushka her dearest wish and present her with a grandchild? So, why not handle this challenge as business? Without emotion, but with a contract of convenience that would grant Sergei the ...more
Published December 18th 2009 by Mills & Boon (first published January 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife (Pregnant Brides, #2)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I found this book very charming. I guess I was just in the mood for it. Sergei comes off as ridiculously appealing, despite his flaws. This is one of those times that I can totally understand why the heroine has a hard time resisting the hero. He's got the powerful, billionaire who happens to be drop-dead gorgeous and has the sexy vibe down big time. And add on him being identifiably Russian.... He really is a sex bomb.

I really liked Alissa. She's a very sweet person. She does stand up for hers
Becky
It was a pleasant read but I didn't really enjoy this one as much as others by Graham. Heroine and her sister were caricatures of Good and evil. Her sister was just too one-dimensionally awful (not a virgin of course so must be the equivalent of a whore) and the heroine too insecure and pathetic. The hero was not a good person...his solution to difficult divorce and custody proceedings he describes (where women only seek custody of their own children out of greed, because no women love their own ...more
Victoria
This review is also published on Always a Booklover .

I really dunno what to say about this book. It had me hooked right from the beginning, but somehow, I just can't say I love it. I really don't have any complaints about this book, but neither do I have anything that particularly stood out to me.

Sergei and Alissa are just two very different people. Sergei is cold, sometimes unfeeling and have that idea that women are all not very good people. Alissa is just the entire opposite. She's friendly,
Jacqueline
I liked this one much better than the first one. The premise was a little different in that the hero decided to acquire a wife by having his lawyers pick one working off of a bullet list. But of course the girl they pick is the evil one of a set of twins who talks her sister into following through with the marriage without telling our heroine, the good twin, that she had committed her to bearing a child and giving it up to him. She was sweet and I liked the way she kept the hero off balance. I w ...more
willaful
Nothing really wrong with this romance, other than that I'm put off by characters who sacrifice themselves for the sake of really nasty relatives. I found it readable, but not especially interesting. It's a good twin/evil twin story, if that floats your boat.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I Love Sergei and Allissa. I love the concept, but Allissa's sister what an a#$hole sorry for that term but when you read the book you will detest her sister as well, money does things to people. Any way I enjoyed my read I still love Lynne Grahman of course you know her men are a little overbearing.
Paula Legate
This was a good book. It didn’t take me long to read it.

Sergei loved his grandmother. He would do anything for her, including get married, to give her, her first grandchild. He had been married once. The way the marriage ended made him distrustful of all females. He thought he would treat a new marriage like a business arrangement. He had contracts drew up, and had people apply for the job.

Alexa applied for the job, but used her sister’s name, on the application. They are twins. They grew up sh
Cherise
This reminds me a bit of a historical the wife trap, with the same evil good twin theme.

The H is really quite a overbearing bulldozer. Though usually I hate this type, his pov shows he is not really as insensitive as he shows, just cautious and cynical where women are concerned. It is actually quite funny seeing him being so incredulous by the h's behaviour at the beginning; not only doesn't she think him god's gift on earth and fawns all over him, she seems to be totally opposite of what he ex
Roub
what an absolutely awesome read !! i simply loved it ! loved how from the first moment seige cud not keep away from alissa. he just had the hots 4 her n it was so funny how he jumped on her in the interval of the wedding reception. the stupid man..he ravished a poor virgin..just fucked her wildly. the 2nd time was no better, he took her on the table. he clearly cud not control himself where she was concerned !! LOL
Jenny
I thought this would be an arranged marriage book. Instead it was a story about twin sisters one of them being evil. Both the hero and heroine were likable but the novel needed more scenes with them as in together. Their chemistry and relationship was seriously underdeveloped in my opinion!
Saundra
A typical Harlequin romance, it is what is to be expected. A quick easy read, with flowery overdetailed sexual descriptions. Along with a ridiculous cheesy plot. If you want something mindless to read and pass the daytime, this is the book for that. Enjoy.
Ivy Deluca
Standard HQP romance that spends too much time telling instead of showing. I was hoping for more, but I was disappointed. The hero at one point laments that he got the “dim” twin. He wasn’t wrong. Everyone is pretty one dimensional and other than sex, I don’t see the attraction.
Crystal
Sergei Antonvich is a Russian billionaire, and was famous for being knee-deep in stunning supermodels and aspiring actresses's. All his aging babushka wants is to be able to hold her grandchild.

Alissa never even tried for the job as Sergei's wife. Her twin sister forged her name on the contracts. She decides to continue the charade, the only problem is that she didn't know it included sharing Sergei's bed and having his child.

This was never meant to have any feelings involved. It doesn't work l
Tonya Warner
Alexa has setup her identical twin sister, Alissa, to go in to an arranged marriage with Russian oil tycoon, Sergei Antonovich. Alexa took the money and paid for their mother's home, as well as a few things for herself.

Alissa believes she is just taking a job to portray the bride for Sergei to comfort his elderly grandmother. She falls for Sergei, and finds him to be more than he first appears.

Sergei had not directly picked his bride, leaving it to the lawyers to follow his decree. Meeting her,
Sandra Gonzalez
others may not rate a 5 because it's very predictable but for me it's at the same time very pleasurable to read… over… and over… again. Good twin gets duped by own sister, but ends up with the better life with a macho Russian.
Rachel
Sergei needs a wife and child to satify his grandmother. He plans to marry a woman, have a baby, and after a suitable amount of time divorce the woman and keep their child. He chooses Alissa. What he doesn't realize is that Alissa was set up by her twin sister Alexa. I am a huge fan of Lynne Graham's writing. She is very talented, so talented that after the first 2 chapters of this book I was so disgusted with Alexa's betrayal that I almost stopped reading it. But I continued reading and it was ...more
Susanna Carr
To please the grandmother who had raised him, Sergei needs to find a suitable wife. Considering how much of a failure his family life has been, Sergei decides to go about it the same way he would acquire a business. He hires a wife, but he didn't anticipate the instant desire he felt when he meets his bride-to-be, Alissa.

Alissa never tried for the job as Sergei's wife, but her twin sister forged Alissa's name on the contracts. Now Alissa must continue the charade, but she had no idea that one of
Melodie
Haven't read a good one of these in a while. It was a quick and easy read and I enjoyed it immensely. I like the dynamic of the twin within the plot; very cliche but enjoyable.
Anita
Beda dengan jenis novel lynn graham yang biasanya, tokoh heroinenya lebih berani untuk 'speak up' dan heronya tidak bertingkah 'jerk' tapi masih terlihat dominan.
Amyclare111
Me hubiera gustado que la autora alargara un poquito más la historia, pero aún así me encantó.
Pam
I really enjoyed it. Only i didn't get why the Heroine stood up to the hero but not to her twin. Or she remained so clueless for so long.
Young Empress
Hahaha... Nikolai is my ideal man, bow
Booker Like a Hooker
Türkiye'deki kitabın adı İkizlerin sırrı.Seri 3 ev arkadaşı olan Elinor,Alissa ve Linda(lindy)'nin hayatlarının aşklarını bulmalarını anlatıyor.Her bir kitapta Başka bir Eski ev arkadaşını anlatıyor.İlk kitapta Elinor Jasim'i buldu.Bu kitapta Alissa Sergei'yi buldu bu kitapta. SOn kitaba birazdan başlayacağım ve Ve Lindy'yi anlatıyor anladığım kadarıyla.Yazarın çoğu kitabını okudum,okuyorum vveya okuma listemde.Bu seri kesinlikle okunmalı.En azından vakit geçirmek için...
Shar
The book wasn't bad per se, but it was kind of boring-- nothing special.

I didn't get why she would love him (other than that he was hot and good in bed, he had no redeeming qualities) and he didn't act like he was in love with her, he just said the words in the end and that was that. LG usually is much better at showing the hero falling in love and doing all kinds of nice stuff for the heroine before they say the words.
Maura
A so-so book. I wasn't a huge fan of Sergei - he was a little too unwilling to change for my tastes. For that matter, while Alissa did stand up for herself on occasion, she was a total doormat when it came to her sister. We also didn't get to see the the two of them actually fall in love...it's just assumed that it happened in the 3 weeks after their wedding...It was at least an entertaining read.
Kat at Book Thingo
See my full review at Book Thingo.

There’s nothing earth-shattering about this story. I didn’t hate the hero or the heroine, but that might be damning with faint praise.

Who might enjoy it: Readers who also enjoy daytime soapies
Who might not enjoy it: Family Court solicitors
Karina Díaz
Me gusto bastante.. A pesar de la trama ser bastante común, eso de hermanas buenas y otras cosas.. El protagonista es entretenido y la protagonista tiene más sentido común qué el de la mayoría. Deben leerlo cómo entretenimiento. Lo leí bastante rápido. Dado qué estaba en otras actividades y leí durante mis traslados. Pero fue súper entretenido.
Karen Wilson
Modern version of an arranged marriage to procure an heir with a twist.

Overall a good read with straight forward Hero/heroine. The downside is the cookie cutter stereotype villain. The heroine is rather thick too; or very trusting.

No surprises in how the story developed.
KatieV
I really liked the concept, but it sort of fell flat for me. A Russian hero is a nice change of pace from all the Greek Tycoon's (that entire country must be populated by them).

It wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. The twin was just too up-front nasty/evil to be believable.
Maldivianbookreviewer
An okay read, makes me wonder why I even bother reading a Harlequin romance now and then. If it weren't for favorite authors such as Lynne Graham, Sandra Marton etc. I wouldn't.
Anyways my take on this short novel: http://bit.ly/9wD6Qz
  • The Bride Thief
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • His Virgin Acquisition
  • Chosen as the Frenchman's Bride
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5 & Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • The Prince's Waitress Wife
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • The De Santis Marriage (Wedlocked!)
  • Raffaele: Taming His Tempestuous Virgin (Orisini Brothers, #1)
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...
The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless) The Spanish Groom Bond of Hatred The Spanish Billionaire's Pregnant Wife The Greek Tycoon's Disobedient Bride