Start by marking “Being in Love: How to Love with Awareness and Relate Without Fear” as Want to Read:
Being in Love: How to Love with Awareness and Relate Without Fear

Being in Love: How to Love with Awareness and Relate Without Fear

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  509 ratings  ·  37 reviews
What Is Love?

In this thoughtful, provocative work, Osho—one of the most revolutionary thinkers of our time—challenges us to question what we think we know about love and opens us to the possibility of a love that is natural, fulfilling, and free of possessiveness and jealousy.

With his characteristic wit, humor, and understanding, Osho dares us to resist the unhealthy relat
Published January 15th 2008 by Harmony (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Being in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being in Love

Heather
My first experience reading Osho. I found it hard to read in the way he was so definitive on how *all* people think & operate. I found that I did not fit that mold he described often, so had a hard time relating. I think I am used to these type of books allowing you to figure things out yourself, rather than the author saying "this is absolutely how it is". I found the most value in the end chapters.

1. get rid of your parents
2. don't ask for perfection
3. give and give without any condition

Th
MizzSandie
Oct 16, 2013 MizzSandie rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one. Instead try Eckhart Tolle, Barbara Marciniak or Neale Donald Walsch
This book and author, is not for me.

The main resons I don't like it, is that this book/author is way too judgmental, self-important, and way too fundamentalistic in it's thinking and it's messages, and lacks an openess to different perspectives and a humbleness that I treasure, and consider to be key in any inspirering spiritual person.
i dont like you anymore
In this book Osho generalises several times, and claims that (all!) 'parents', 'men', 'women' are like this or like that, and claims to know the truth on certain
Elaine
Osho shares a gem full of wisdom in this book...it opened my eyes to a totally deeper concept of love, a truer love, a greater love. Prior to reading this book, I was already breaking free from the old conditioning when it comes to relationships and Osho only validates and gives a solid and meaningful foundation to my whole new belief system.

A few points I've picked up: Love must not be dictated by any court of law, it must be from within, love is a commitment from the heart not from any writte
Nada
The best book of Osho I have read till now. It's the best book I have ever read in my life!!!

Love is the most important in life. When you have love for yourself, for everyone and everything it is easy to live. When you accept pain n whatever happens, all storms.. you are stronger and able to live alone when you need to be .. Love ppl, be wt ppl, enjoy life completely. Be happy n you will attract happy ppl!

Excellent, excellent book for ever!!!!!
Sasha Ignk
Those who come from broken families have always heard ABOUT love... but never how to love.
Osho shows how to love and is the ultimate communicator. He uses short, simple sentences that are always meaningful and easy to grasp. I never agree 100% with what I read, instead the value of each book depends on how much I get out of it. I almost plagiarized the entire thing into my notes.
Meaghan McQuade
An honest account of how to encourage true love to grow and flourish in freedom. Really helpful for deconstructing so many of our deep seated beliefs around "love". Sometimes even uncomfortable in the way that it challenges you to open both your mind and heart. Osho was a very wise man!
Nubia
I read the book on and off, bacause sometimes it turns slow a repetitive. 50% of his ideas are inspirational but the other 50% are againts all my believes. What I liked the most was his explanation about the 3 steps to experience love:
1. Get rid of your parents
2. Never be in search of a perfect man.
3. Rather than thinking how to get love, start giving.

And a wonderful quote: "remember that freedom is the highest value and if love is not giving you freedom then it is not love".

Lei este libro de a
Jalen Lyle-Holmes
There were some good bits, but, compared to the last Osho book I read, this one disappointed me. The same stuff gets repeated a lot, and he's weirdly absolutist in a lot of his pronouncements, assuming that ALL relationships work in such and such a way, or ALL (explicitly stating 'all') children are brought up in a certain problematic way, all men do this, all women do that.
Belinda Bailey
I love Osho. Of all the 'gurus' he is the one that actually hits home for me. This book is a great read especially if u r trying to have a conscious relationship. Not my favorite Osho but def worth reading
Rishi
sit through it, it can be eye opening about your own patterns and give you a little insight and direction. this ain't no "10 tips for a hot summer"
Sandra
I've read a lot of Osho and think I may love this one the most. Hightly, highly, highly recommend it.
Jason
The concept of love and the actuality of it.
Claire
The author and his ways are far from perfect, nevertheless this book looks into valuable concepts on love. Osho does some good work on making the reader more aware. He explains the damage caused by sexual repression to try and stimulate the reader to feel more and surrender to the purest form of human interaction. Some interesting points include "Fear is the opposite of love not hate" " Love in its purest form is a sharing of joy". For those who can oversee the arrogance and inappropriate use of ...more
Da-silva
notwithstanding having a range of perspectives as far from me to be accepted or assimilate, this book propose raise a new human being (Ubermensch?). Wisely Osho, at least from a close reading and analysis may find an enlightening speech that brings peace and solace to the difficult task of loving and being loved in a world and a time where fear is always around us.
Persefoni Ririka
Some will love it some will hate it. There were some things that I liked in it but there were others I fundamentally disagree with especially because he repeats everything changes and yet he is absolute in many of the things he says. For me the best part of the book was the last 50 pages.
Leeah Rod
Super bummed. This was my first Buddhist read in my journey of Buddhism exploration . I was very disheartened to see how opinionated and honestly rude he was. Ill stick with Alan Watts thank you!
Polina
Paradigm shift after paradigm shift. Although a lot of concepts are hard to accept at face value it certainly makes you reevaluate the ideas we have about love and relating. His ideas on jealousy, expectations and permanentness had a significant effect on me and have positively changed the way I feel about my current relationship and myself. Highly recommended read to get you thinking and defining you OWN ideas about relating. And I agree with another reviewer, the world will certainly be a much ...more
Pi Provan
at first i was kind of sceptic "been there done that"
kind of reading it in a rush "tell me something i don't know"
halway through it i embraced it and let it affect me
so great experience, made ne think about life in my forties and how i want to reach that age
and what to make of my sexual drive
obviously this is not a review
Womentumcanada
All of Osho's books are straightforward and get you thinking. He discusses subjects with a no-nonsense approach.
What's nice about Osho's books is that they can be read spontaneously. Crack the book open and start there...it will likely be appropriate for that very moment.
Mie
This is the first book I read by this author. Sometimes his views did not resonate me,,,,,maybe because it's a bit judgmental??? and a bit too conservative or Asian way of thinking??? But still I feel the ideal love would be like this,,, mature love in a way...
Raisa
Muy interesante muestra y explica las relaciones y sus tipicos problemas de una manera mas profunda sicologica y cientifica. excelente escritor me encanta.
Tanya
This book is amazing...it talks to to about being in a healthy relationship..What to do's and what not to do's...I definitely recommend this book.
Diana
Exploring a new gender and I like it!!! First book that I read from Osho and I really like him. One of my new favourites.
Druie
Started well, lots of ideas to think about--but there were a lot of things I just couldn't wrap my head around.
Pricilla Salazar
This book really gave me a unique perspective on love. It helped open my mind to loving somebody vs. owning them.
Debora
Bellissimo, da tenere sul comodino e ogni tanto rileggerselo per mettere in pratica alcuni consigli.
Shel
Jul 13, 2011 Shel is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Isn't it interesting that people personalize something so universal... This is an enjoyable read.
David
Excellent, thought provoking book giving a whole new view on love and our sense what love is.
Cristina
I love this book and come back to reading it everytime I feel down and want to chill out.
Tony Kaldas
Osho as usual is a person who always gives you the truth in your face!
Osho! 2 6 Mar 11, 2014 10:45AM
  • The Art of Presence
  • Pitching My Tent: On Marriage, Motherhood, Friendship, and Other Leaps of Faith
  • The Future of Man
  • Get Up, Stand Up: Uniting Populists, Energizing the Defeated, and Battling the Corporate Elite
  • Weaving the Visions: New Patterns in Feminist Spirituality
  • The Medicalization of Society: On the Transformation of Human Conditions into Treatable Disorders
  • Wen-Tzu
  • Same Difference: How Gender Myths Are Hurting Our Relationships, Our Children, and Our Jobs
  • How to Cook Your Life: From the Zen Kitchen to Enlightenment
  • The Gendered Society Reader
  • Journey of the Heart: The Path of Conscious Love
  • Free from Lies: Discovering Your True Needs
  • Rumors of Our Progress Have Been Greatly Exaggerated: Why Women's Lives Aren't Getting Any Easier--And How We Can Make Real Progress For Ourselves and Our Daughters
  • Fear of a Queer Planet: Queer Politics and Social Theory
  • Toward a New Psychology of Women
  • On Man and Nature
  • Marianne Williamson on Relationships: Romantic Delusions and Friendship
  • Maps to Ecstasy
One of the most provocative and inspiring spiritual teachers of the twentieth century, Osho defies categorization - reflecting everything from the individual quest for meaning to the most urgent social and political issues facing society today. His books are not written but are transcribed from recordings of extemporaneous talks given over a period of thirty-five years. Osho has been described by ...more
More about Osho...
Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously Love, Freedom, and Aloneness: The Koan of Relationships The Book of Secrets (Vigyan Bhairav Tantra ) Creativity: Unleashing the Forces Within Freedom: The Courage to Be Yourself

“Always remember to judge everything by your inner feeling of bliss.” 104 likes