Start by marking “Being in Love: How to Love with Awareness and Relate Without Fear” as Want to Read:
Being in Love: How to Love with Awareness and Relate Without Fear

Being in Love: How to Love with Awareness and Relate Without Fear

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  797 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
What Is Love?

In this thoughtful, provocative work, Osho—one of the most revolutionary thinkers of our time—challenges us to question what we think we know about love and opens us to the possibility of a love that is natural, fulfilling, and free of possessiveness and jealousy.

With his characteristic wit, humor, and understanding, Osho dares us to resist the unhealthy relat
Published January 15th 2008 by Harmony (first published 2008)

MizzSandie
Oct 16, 2013 MizzSandie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one. Instead try Eckhart Tolle, Barbara Marciniak or Neale Donald Walsch
This book and author, is not for me.

The main resons I don't like it, is that this book/author is way too judgmental, self-important, and way too fundamentalistic in it's thinking and it's messages, and lacks an openess to different perspectives and a humbleness that I treasure, and consider to be key in any inspirering spiritual person.
i dont like you anymore
In this book Osho generalises several times, and claims that (all!) 'parents', 'men', 'women' are like this or like that, and claims to know the truth on certain
Heather
Aug 29, 2010 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: relationships
My first experience reading Osho. I found it hard to read in the way he was so definitive on how *all* people think & operate. I found that I did not fit that mold he described often, so had a hard time relating. I think I am used to these type of books allowing you to figure things out yourself, rather than the author saying "this is absolutely how it is". I found the most value in the end chapters.

1. get rid of your parents
2. don't ask for perfection
3. give and give without any condition

Th
Nubia
Mar 27, 2008 Nubia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the book on and off, bacause sometimes it turns slow a repetitive. 50% of his ideas are inspirational but the other 50% are againts all my believes. What I liked the most was his explanation about the 3 steps to experience love:
1. Get rid of your parents
2. Never be in search of a perfect man.
3. Rather than thinking how to get love, start giving.

And a wonderful quote: "remember that freedom is the highest value and if love is not giving you freedom then it is not love".

Lei este libro de a
Elaine
Mar 23, 2010 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Osho shares a gem full of wisdom in this book...it opened my eyes to a totally deeper concept of love, a truer love, a greater love. Prior to reading this book, I was already breaking free from the old conditioning when it comes to relationships and Osho only validates and gives a solid and meaningful foundation to my whole new belief system.

A few points I've picked up: Love must not be dictated by any court of law, it must be from within, love is a commitment from the heart not from any writte
Nada
Sep 02, 2012 Nada rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book of Osho I have read till now. It's the best book I have ever read in my life!!!

Love is the most important in life. When you have love for yourself, for everyone and everything it is easy to live. When you accept pain n whatever happens, all storms.. you are stronger and able to live alone when you need to be .. Love ppl, be wt ppl, enjoy life completely. Be happy n you will attract happy ppl!

Excellent, excellent book for ever!!!!!
⚜Angela⚜
Oct 28, 2015 ⚜Angela⚜ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ookay, I really like this book and the positive messages the author tried to convey. That's why I'm giving it 4 stars. There's also a reason I kept that 5th star to myself.

In some cases I was pleasantly surprised at how insightful he was. I felt as if he was describing exactly how I feel or have felt at one point in my life. BUT there where times where he would say something that would contradict himself or something as outrageous as this:

"The way the male mind looks at the world is different fr
Sasha Ignk
Jan 26, 2013 Sasha Ignk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Those who come from broken families have always heard ABOUT love... but never how to love.
Osho shows how to love and is the ultimate communicator. He uses short, simple sentences that are always meaningful and easy to grasp. I never agree 100% with what I read, instead the value of each book depends on how much I get out of it. I almost plagiarized the entire thing into my notes.
Meaghan McQuade
Mar 27, 2013 Meaghan McQuade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An honest account of how to encourage true love to grow and flourish in freedom. Really helpful for deconstructing so many of our deep seated beliefs around "love". Sometimes even uncomfortable in the way that it challenges you to open both your mind and heart. Osho was a very wise man!
Norehan
Didn't finish this book. It was great and I was learning a ton until the author lists "Mohamedanism" among a list of religions. First let me say, Osho claims to be an expert on various psycho-social topics, but does not have the decency to address a religion with its proper name, while claiming to be an expert on "love" and "compassion?" You want to earn a reader's respect? Try respecting them first. Respect you readers enough to address a religion properly, as done with the other belief systems ...more
Maitha
Apr 18, 2016 Maitha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never heard about Osho until I stumbled upon this book at the book store and the title pulled me in. Didn't know that it was a wonderful stroke of luck until I've read the whole book. I didn't get into the book until a year later or so but it really drastically changed the concept of love that I was born to accept by the family and community I was brought in. When I started reading this book I was expecting to have too many conflicting ideas and beliefs with Osho, however to my surprise I felt t ...more
Jalen Lyle-Holmes
There were some good bits, but, compared to the last Osho book I read, this one disappointed me. The same stuff gets repeated a lot, and he's weirdly absolutist in a lot of his pronouncements, assuming that ALL relationships work in such and such a way, or ALL (explicitly stating 'all') children are brought up in a certain problematic way, all men do this, all women do that.
Valerie Garza
I think I can already rate this book, I am 75% done with it.

Let me first say, that I am an open minded soul, and I can agree mostly with his progressive concepts on love, meditation and sex, etc.

What I don't enjoy is how this book reads like a lecture. A question answer format is really hard to invest in for me because the writing is not captivating in any capacity.

There are some real gems throughout the book, but you really have to read through a lot of choppy literature to get at them.

I'm fo
Belinda Bailey
Aug 15, 2012 Belinda Bailey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Osho. Of all the 'gurus' he is the one that actually hits home for me. This book is a great read especially if u r trying to have a conscious relationship. Not my favorite Osho but def worth reading
Rishi
Sep 03, 2012 Rishi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sit through it, it can be eye opening about your own patterns and give you a little insight and direction. this ain't no "10 tips for a hot summer"
Sandra
Mar 04, 2008 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read a lot of Osho and think I may love this one the most. Hightly, highly, highly recommend it.
Mairead
"How to start the journey? Start becoming more and more a witness."

"In spring, hundreds of flowers; In autumn, a harvest moon; In summer a refreshing breeze; In winter, snow will accompany you. If useless things do not hang in your mind, Any season is a good season for you."

"In love, be an emperor. Just give love and see what happens; a thousandfold it comes back."

"When two mysteries meet together, once they drop the idea that they have to agree on everything, there is no question of a fight. Th
Jason
Sep 09, 2008 Jason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The concept of love and the actuality of it.
Claire
May 14, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author and his ways are far from perfect, nevertheless this book looks into valuable concepts on love. Osho does some good work on making the reader more aware. He explains the damage caused by sexual repression to try and stimulate the reader to feel more and surrender to the purest form of human interaction. Some interesting points include "Fear is the opposite of love not hate" " Love in its purest form is a sharing of joy". For those who can oversee the arrogance and inappropriate use of ...more
Miguel Rodríguez
Primero de todo, soy seguidor de Osho desde hace unos cuatro años; siempre que veo un libro suyo en la librería intento traerlo a casa. Lo primero que leí fue "Miedo: como entender y aceptar las inseguridades de la vida", y quedé encantado con sus pensamientos. Lejos de la temática auto ayuda que los títulos parecen representar, sus obras son un conjunto de reflexiones profundamente marcadas por el orientalismo, enfocadas en los problemas de occidente.
En esta ocasión, el amor y las relaciones h
Da-silva
Oct 10, 2014 Da-silva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
notwithstanding having a range of perspectives as far from me to be accepted or assimilate, this book propose raise a new human being (Ubermensch?). Wisely Osho, at least from a close reading and analysis may find an enlightening speech that brings peace and solace to the difficult task of loving and being loved in a world and a time where fear is always around us.
Irina Baciu
Some interesting ideas, but not why I have had expected from Osho. Maybe after reading other books I will be creating a better perspective. I still have on my list "Emotions and health". Interesting in the way that we should see love and how to manage it...brings a peaceful view of a relationship. Beatiful interpretation of liberty in a relationship.
YAYO DEL RËY
Aug 02, 2015 YAYO DEL RËY rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una lectura muy provechosa donde descubrimos, entendemos y analizamos los principios del sentido del amor. El cómo llegamos a sentir y entender el amor a la edad que tenemos, el por qué lo sentimos así, cómo le debimos haber sentido y cómo tenemos que reaccionar frente a distintas situaciones que respectan al amor.

Este libro lo tomo como una especie de "guía" en la aventura del amor y sus variables. Si bien en ciertas ocasiones habían momentos donde no estaba de acuerdo con el pensar de Osho, a
Corvin Nicolae
Mar 30, 2015 Corvin Nicolae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great tool for de-conditioning first and foremost.It is really different that one would expect by seeing the title or hearing about Osho...
To sum it up, this book is a must read for all who try to find ways to live truthfully.I just finished it and started to read it again :).
Persefoni Ririka
Sep 02, 2014 Persefoni Ririka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some will love it some will hate it. There were some things that I liked in it but there were others I fundamentally disagree with especially because he repeats everything changes and yet he is absolute in many of the things he says. For me the best part of the book was the last 50 pages.
Taylor
Jan 30, 2016 Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book touched each part of my self and life. It seems such a broad topic that it'd be difficult to write meaningfully or pointedly about it, but the very commonness of it makes it so universal. Love as something neutral, innate, free-moving. I agree with Osho on many matters. Although, I do feel that his characterization of love as something that happens between "a man and a woman" severely limited his thinking. I found myself having to interpret the better parts of the text and applying the ...more
Preili Pipar
Feb 21, 2015 Preili Pipar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-book
Panen parem kirja, mis raamatust silma jäi:
"Armastus", nagu inimesed seda sõna tavapäraselt kasutavad, ei ole armastus, vaid himu. Lk 71.
Armastus oma puhtaimas vormis on rõõmu jagamine. See ei küsi midagi vastutasuks, ei oota midagi - seega puudub võimalus haiget saada. Lk 73.
Kui te ootate ja eeldate, siis tajub teine inimene seda mõjutamisena. Ta ei pruugi seda välja öelda, ent ta tunneb, nagu te manipuleeriks temaga. Lk 110.
Tõtt-öelda jäävad armastuse tegelikud hetked sõnatuks. Lk 174.

See viim
Alexandra Sendoya
Me resultó bueno e interesante, con mucho para reflexionar sobre el amor y nuestras relaciones de pareja. Lo recomiendo.
Carmen Garza
Apr 15, 2015 Carmen Garza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read to change the common misconceptions about the purpose of romantic relationships. A book good for the soul.
Estephania Toriz
Interesante perspectiva del modo natural de amar, una buena filosofía pero bastante repetitivo.
Leeah
Feb 04, 2014 Leeah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Super bummed. This was my first Buddhist read in my journey of Buddhism exploration . I was very disheartened to see how opinionated and honestly rude he was. Ill stick with Alan Watts thank you!
Osho! 2 11 Mar 11, 2014 10:45AM
  • Magical Beginnings, Enchanted Lives: A Holistic Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth
  • How To Stop Worrying and Start Living - What Other People Think Of Me Is None Of My Business: Learn Stress Management and How To Overcome Relationship ... Worry Habit, Stress Relief, Anxiety Relief)
  • Foolsgold: Making Something from Nothing and Freeing Your Creative Process
  • The Last Barrier
  • No Excuses Art Journaling: Making Time for Creativity
  • Journalution: Journal Writing to Awaken Your Inner Voice, Heal Your Life, and Manifest Your Dreams
  • The Gaslight Effect: How to Spot and Survive the Hidden Manipulation Others Use to Control Your Life
  • WomanCode: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive, and Become a Power Source
  • Pitching My Tent: On Marriage, Motherhood, Friendship, and Other Leaps of Faith
  • The Future of Man
  • Through the Open Door: To the Vastness of Your True Being
  • The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Know to Make Love Work
  • On Intellectual Activism
  • Toward a New Psychology of Women
  • Lovable Livable Home: How to Add Beauty, Get Organized, and Make Your House Work for You
  • On Man and Nature
  • Get Up, Stand Up: Uniting Populists, Energizing the Defeated, and Battling the Corporate Elite
  • The Healing of  America
One of the most provocative and inspiring spiritual teachers of the twentieth century, Osho defies categorization - reflecting everything from the individual quest for meaning to the most urgent social and political issues facing society today. His books are not written but are transcribed from recordings of extemporaneous talks given over a period of thirty-five years. Osho has been described by ...more
More about Osho...

“Always remember to judge everything by your inner feeling of bliss.” 134 likes
“To avoid pain, they avoid pleasure. To avoid death, they avoid life.” 129 likes