Start by marking “Sophie's Adventures: Sophie's Snail, Sophie's Tom, Sophie Hits Six” as Want to Read:
Sophie's Adventures: Sophie's Snail, Sophie's Tom, Sophie Hits Six

Sophie's Adventures: Sophie's Snail, Sophie's Tom, Sophie Hits Six

Sophie is small, but very determined. She loves animals - snails and cats and rabbits and dogs and pigs - and she wants to be a farmer when she grows up. Her best friend is Great-great-aunt Al from Scotland, who looks a bit like a bird, and her worst enemy is the dreadful Dawn. Follow Sophie's adventures in these three lively, fun-filled stories.
Paperback
Published January 2nd 2006 by Walker Books Ltd (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Sophie's Adventures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sophie's Adventures

Sue
Sep 21, 2011 Sue rated it it was amazing
This is three books in one: the first three in the 'Sophie' series about a small but determined girl who wants to be a lady farmer when she grows up.

In 'Sophie's Snail' we meet the four-year-old Sophie who already has a strong character and a deep love for animal life, as well as her twin brothers Matthew and Mark. Sophie starts to save up for her farm, and adopts a wide variety of small creatures from her garden.

In 'Sophie's Tom', Sophie meets a black cat on her fifth birthday, which also hap
Ewan
Apr 26, 2015 Ewan rated it it was amazing
Sophie's Adventures were the first series I read solo as a child. More than any other fictional character, she taught me to hold my own and pursue what I wanted. This series starting with a 5 year old who wants to be a "lady farmer". Having always been small myself, I have lived my life aspiring to her determination. First book I buy any friends who have children, and I have to confess when I'm stressed and work is getting to me, the ease and joy of flicking through the 6 Sophie books relaxes an ...more
Karen
Jan 12, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, includes-review
I have just realised that I often find young, grumpy characters adorable. Sophie is one of them. Sophie knows her own mind and is very determined, but often does not get her way because she is very young (4 at the beginning of the first book, almost 6 by the third book). Sometimes she behaves badly (e.g. when she got angry and pushed two sneaky kids over), but the way the story unfolds makes it easy to justify such behaviour. These are beautiful slice-of-life stories about school, family, friend ...more
matilda
Apr 10, 2014 matilda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-books
I read all of the Sophie's Adventures as a child and I can defiantly say, hands down, that this is one of the loveliest and exciting books I read as a child. The writing style was complex enough for my level of intellect but at the same time had a fantastic child like theme to it. I guarantee this book shall stay with me forever. I recommend this to children of the ages 6-9.
Ho Ming Yung
Jan 06, 2015 Ho Ming Yung rated it it was amazing
This is a book that has the first 3 stories (Sophie's Snail , Sophie's Tom and Sophie Hits Six). It is a very good book. I especially liked the story Sophie's Snail because she is a very good animal caretaker. My favourite character was Sophie because she was very intelligent. I recommend this book to children 8+
Rachel
Jan 07, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Loved these books as a child, have recommended them to my niece and will be reading to my little boy when he's older
Lex
Jan 05, 2011 Lex rated it it was amazing
Awesome stuff, I loved the Sophie series when I was little and will be passing them down to my own kids! :)
sophie How
sophie How rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Elizabeth Creaghan
Elizabeth Creaghan rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Eva Steffensen
Eva Steffensen rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
OMB
OMB rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2014
Rebekah Fullwood
Rebekah Fullwood rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Sukhita
Sukhita rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2014
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2008
Gabby
Gabby rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2011
Rhaine
Rhaine rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Gemma
Gemma rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2010
Audrey
Audrey rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2012
Pei-Yu
Pei-Yu rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Kaitlin Weiler
Kaitlin Weiler rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2011
Lea
Lea rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2009
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Chloe
Chloe rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2010
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dick King-Smith was born and raised in Gloucestershire, England, surrounded by pet animals. After twenty years as a farmer, he turned to teaching and then to writing children's books.

Dick writes mostly about animals: farmyard fantasy, as he likes to call it, often about pigs, his special favorites. He enjoys writing for children, meeting the children who read his books, and knowing that they get
More about Dick King-Smith...