Sophie's Adventures: Sophie's Snail , Sophie's Tom , Sophie Hits Six

Sophie's Adventures: Sophie's Snail , Sophie's Tom , Sophie Hits Six

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Sophie is small, but very determined. She loves animals - snails and cats and rabbits and dogs and pigs - and she wants to be a farmer when she grows up. Her best friend is Great-great-aunt Al from Scotland, who looks a bit like a bird, and her worst enemy is the dreadful Dawn. Follow Sophie's adventures in these three lively, fun-filled stories.
Paperback
Published January 2nd 2006 by Walker Books Ltd (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Sophie's Adventures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sophie's Adventures

Georgie and the Robbers by Robert BrightPennington's Last Term, by K.M. PeytonVeronica Ganz by Marilyn SachsEdith and Little Bear Lend a Hand by Dare WrightMatthew Looney's Voyage to the Earth by Jerome Beatty Jr.
Really Underrated Children's Books
118th out of 782 books — 172 voters
We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael RosenThe Jolly Postman, or Other People's Letters by Janet AhlbergA Bear Called Paddington by Michael BondOwl Babies by Martin WaddellThe Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr
The Ultimate First Book Guide
48th out of 100 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Sue
This is three books in one: the first three in the 'Sophie' series about a small but determined girl who wants to be a lady farmer when she grows up.

In 'Sophie's Snail' we meet the four-year-old Sophie who already has a strong character and a deep love for animal life, as well as her twin brothers Matthew and Mark. Sophie starts to save up for her farm, and adopts a wide variety of small creatures from her garden.

In 'Sophie's Tom', Sophie meets a black cat on her fifth birthday, which also hap...more
Heather
God, I used to read this ALL THE TIME when I was younger. I bought it at a car boot sail, and this book was my safe heaven. Every time I read it, I get happier and it's a great read.
Karen Gault
The Sophie series is great fun to read aloud to 6+
Matilda
I read all of the Sophie's Adventures as a child and I can defiantly say, hands down, that this is one of the loveliest and exciting books I read as a child. The writing style was complex enough for my level of intellect but at the same time had a fantastic child like theme to it. I guarantee this book shall stay with me forever. I recommend this to children of the ages 6-9.
Lex
Awesome stuff, I loved the Sophie series when I was little and will be passing them down to my own kids! :)
Rosie
This book contains 3 of the books from the Sophie series, they are some of my kids' favorites!
Nouri
Nov 12, 2009 Nouri is currently reading it
There are three sorys in the book.
Becky
Becky added it
Sep 11, 2014
Mateu
Mateu marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Sophie
Sophie added it
Sep 03, 2014
Evangeline Kelly
Evangeline Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
April
April is currently reading it
May 25, 2014
Sophie
Sophie added it
Mar 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dick King-Smith was born and raised in Gloucestershire, England, surrounded by pet animals. After twenty years as a farmer, he turned to teaching and then to writing children's books.

Dick writes mostly about animals: farmyard fantasy, as he likes to call it, often about pigs, his special favorites. He enjoys writing for children, meeting the children who read his books, and knowing that they get...more
More about Dick King-Smith...
Babe: The Gallant Pig The Water Horse A Mouse Called Wolf Martin's Mice The Hodgeheg