Grant Writing For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback))

Grant Writing For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback))

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Are you writing a grant application for the first time? Maybe you�re a veteran fundraiser looking to sharpen your grant writing skills. No matter how experienced you are at writing requests for money, people and organizations are not going to support you just because you�re in need.

Grant Writing for Dummies, 2nd Edition shows you the most effective way to compose a gra

Published June 3rd 2005 by For Dummies (first published February 19th 2001)

Tamara
As with all dummies books, this gave me a good idea of the "rules" of grants and where to start looking for information.

I do wish that they separated this out in to the process of looking for available grants and the process of actually applying for grants. The two processes together are extremely daunting! One thing at a time!

And btw, it is very disconcerting when books reference going to your public library for information when we do not actually have information to give. As a librarian, I ha...more
Max Renn
I was right there with you all when you said to me "i cant believe you of all people are reading one of those dummies books." All I can say is that the woman at the grant foundation told me this was THE best book to read as an introduction to grant writing and I may be many things but one thing I'm not is fool enough to argue with a specialist when they share the knowledge I asked them for.

I'm tempted to feel the same way about this book. Written clearly and concisely with a friendly tone, I did...more
Ke Huang
The main audience of this book are American nonprofit organizers, but its content is nevertheless relevant for any kind of expository writing (e.g. personal statements, CVs, job applications, etc.). There are plenty of examples, tips for resources and one of my favorite mnemonic device for better writing is SMART:

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Time bound

Maybe my only complaint is that the cartoons dividing the sections weren't funny.
Lindsay
I hate the Dummies series on principle, but this had some useful information. Most of the projects Browning uses as examples are a lot larger in scope than the grant I'm currently working on, but much of the information was transferrable, and I'll be referring back to this book as I work my way through the application.
Alexandra Chauran
As with all the dummies books, this one was straight-forward and light reading. I actually think it almost had too many practical examples. That said, it sets people up with plenty of tools for writing grants. I wish that there was a chapter that was specific for writing grants for individuals.
christina
Up until now I have stubbornly refused out of pure loathing for the premise, for the name really i guess, to read any for dummies... books.

But this one does really look like an excellent book on the topic, and I trust shane to be highly discriminating, so here goes...
Mary
Jan 06, 2009 Mary marked it as abandoned
There is a new edition of this out and I am sending this one back to the library, I hadn't gotten all that far anyway, and will wait for the new edition to be available.
Robert Fischer
Recommended to me by someone who works in nonprofits — one of the most singularly useful books they've encountered on the topic.
Kristin
Part 2 of my rhetorical analysis material...
Warren Moore
Warren Moore marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Damali
Damali added it
Apr 02, 2014
Misty Trunnell
Misty Trunnell marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
abdirahman aden
abdirahman aden marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
J'vette
J'vette marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Donna Holmes
Donna Holmes is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2014
Hal Leiper
Hal Leiper marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Sal
Sal marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Sophia Materi
Sophia Materi marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Costas Detroit
Costas Detroit marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Rosibel Batista
Rosibel Batista marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Grant Writing For Dummies Grant Writing for Educators: Practical Strategies for Teachers, Administrators, and Staff (Solutions) How to Become a Grant Writing Consultant Grant Writing for Dummies Getting Grants Funded In Your Community: A Workbook For Grantseekers