Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 50: Arriving Again (One Piece, #50)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 50: Arriving Again (One Piece, #50)

One Piece, Volume 50: Arriving Again (One Piece #50)

4.5  ·  Rating Details ·  1,749 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
The Straw Hats are in a desperate battle against time and Gecko Moria to get their shadows back before dawn. Gecko Moria unleashes his devastating power of a thousand shadows, but Luffy counters back with his "Gear" powers. To save his crew, will Luffy have to make the ultimate sacrifice?
Published June 1st 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 50, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 50

Samantha Tolleson
Jan 21, 2012 Samantha Tolleson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans, Shounen Manga fans, Adventure fans
Recommended to Samantha by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
This volume starts off with Chapter 482: Morning is Coming(Arrival of Dawn).

Finally the final showdown between Luffy and Moria is coming to a close. This was one battle that I honestly thought that Luffy really struggled in. Though most of this Arc was comical to a point, and there was a lot of character growth for many of the chracters. Also Brooks is an awesome character, and I love him down to the Bone!

I'll write more when my editing mode hits.
Happy Readings!
Fly my Pretties! Fly!
Keerthana
Nov 15, 2015 Keerthana rated it really liked it
The arc finally came to an end. Also it was really amazing to see how zoro and sanji were willing to sacrifice their lives for Luffy. Also there's a hint for the next arc that is just exciting. I'm officially in love with these characters. Every part of them is amazing and they make this story just adventurous and magical!
Matan Michaeli
May 10, 2017 Matan Michaeli rated it really liked it
Thriller Bark arc was thrilling, but no ground breaking
Marilag
Apr 15, 2013 Marilag rated it really liked it
Hamid
Feb 21, 2017 Hamid rated it liked it
saiberiac
Even knowing what would unfold in this last part of Thriller Bark, the Laboon flashbacks + Brook's flashbacks, OP made me cry AGAIN.
Debbie
Dec 08, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing
I'm writing out the reviews for my favourite scenes in One Piece after finally being caught up in the manga. This volume contains One of the best moments in One Piece ever!! Zoro's sacrifice for Luffy was so astounding, I had to reread this part multiples times and even watch it. How can one surpass Zoro's epic ness? I thought Thriller Bark was an okay arc, it was mainly just for laughs but Brooke and Zoro vs Kuma made it one of my favourite arcs (somewhere up there with Arlong Park, CP9, Sabaod ...more
Linda Jaejoong
Apr 11, 2015 Linda Jaejoong rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-until-2017
Endlich ist Moria besiegt, aber bevor unsere Helden sich ausruhen können erscheint schon ein neuer Gegner auf der Bildfläche, Bartholomäus Bär. Er ist einer der 7 Samurai der Meere und möchte Ruffys Kopf haben. Zorro bietet ihm einen Deal an und beweist damit wie viel Ruffy ihm bedeutet. Damit endet das Abenteuer auf der Thriller Bark, aber das nächste lässt nicht lange auf sich warten.

Zorro hat mich sehr bewegt in diesem Teil, er hat wirklich ein gutes Herz und einen starken Willen und Gerechti
Novia
Aug 04, 2012 Novia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, one-piece
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Tom Ewing
Apr 14, 2015 Tom Ewing rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
With the wheel-spinning Thriller Bark arc finishing, and a new member recruited, Eiichiro Oda can get back to advancing One Piece's main plot. Most of this volume concerns the crew's return to the world-spanning Red Line, a sign they've made it halfway round the world. And - perhaps appropriately - most of the plot beats the book strikes feel like remixes of previous memorable moments. The meeting with an apparently unstoppable foe with inscrutable reasons for sparing the crew; the lengthy and t ...more
Kurami Rocket
Aug 22, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it liked it
2.7
The Thriller Bark Arc has finally come to an end. In this vol we got to see Brook's backstory. It must have been pretty sad and lonley for him to be all alone on that ship. Makes me wonder if he ever suffered from survivor's guilt since he was the only one who lived. He and his crew were really close.

It was also touching to see how Zoro and Sanji were willing to sacrifice their lives for their captain.

And Ace!! I'm surprised Luffy decided not to head where he is! If it were me, no matter what
Amy
Aug 22, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Jeffrey
Dec 02, 2011 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Ending the Thriller Bark arc and (just barely) starting Sabaody, this volume.

It begins with the final confrontation with Moria which is well handled and builds nicely off of information introduced earlier in the arc. Then, during the celebration, we find out the origins of the newest member of the crew, Brooks. In the end, we get introduced to a mermaid who actually I suspect is kinda familiar for those who were following the "meanwhile" one shot panels at the beginning of each chapter.

All in a
Rana
Mar 23, 2014 Rana rated it it was amazing
I have read this volume in the few days after my Ella was born.. It was entertaining and fast paced. It helped me overcome the pain and occupied my long nights I was awake because my child was crying.
The most profound moment in this volume was when Zoro decided to sacrifice and give himself out instead of Luffy. It was an amazing moment. Though the WG messenger to leave them just like that because he was impressed by the loyalty of the comrads to their captin was little bit illogical exactly lik
Ashley
Dec 20, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it
ranne
Dec 26, 2014 ranne rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
3.5 Zorooooooooooooooo!! (T_T) The Stawhat crew always gave me the feeling like they're just a group of people who understand each other and have their own dreams they wanted to fulfill which is why they are sailing together around the world. But I realized now just how strong their bond is, how deep their devotion to each other. So beautiful <3
P.S.
Brooke's backstory is officially the saddest.
Richard Tran
Jan 21, 2011 Richard Tran rated it liked it
Joy
Jun 04, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it
Frahorus
I nostri liberano l'uomo polpo, Hacchin, l'ex pirata di Arlong e combattono contro i Tobiuo Riders. Per poi dirigersi alle isole Shabondy per far rivestire la propria nave con una bolla impermeabile dimodoché possano così andare nell'isola sottomarina degli uomini-pesce.
Tinsley
(since I'm too lazy to add all volumes I'm only going to mark every other 10th volume as read)
Sara
great ending, great volume, loved every bit :D
Milo L.
Nov 14, 2013 Milo L. rated it it was amazing
conclusion to thriller bark and the begging of the new world
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 1 Maret 2009.
Sini
Aug 04, 2015 Sini rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015, own
So emotional!
Anna
Mar 15, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Foreshadow all the things!

Thriller Bark aftermath wrapped up, some melancholy flashbacks had, onwards to new story and lands!
Dru
Apr 03, 2011 Dru rated it really liked it
The finale of Thriller Bark is not short on action or laughs. A final battle with another Warlord of the Sea, Zoro makes a sacrifice and the Straw Hats circle half the globe.
S. J.
Jun 24, 2013 S. J. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Logan Simpson
Jun 27, 2012 Logan Simpson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This was a great volume. I LOVED the Zolo vs Kuma fight.
Ayush Nagar
Ayush Nagar rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2017
  • NARUTO -ナルト 56- 巻ノ五十六
  • フェアリーテイル 22 [Fearī Teiru 22] (Fairy Tail, #22)
  • マギ 13 [Magi 13] (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #13)
208650